All this excitement of leading up to the end of the year, my new work opening at the beginning of next month and I will be joining them in January has got this week going very quickly. Today on my day off was quiet during the day though I have been writing a fair lot even if its one shots that have been inspired by my dreams. I used to do this a lot when I was in high school, I’d have a random idea pop into my head and I used to quickly write it down in a notebook or type up a story on the downstairs computer.
It is why I have so many books that are half full in my book shelf and in the drawers too, I had an endless imagination that a tiny piece was only used during my roleplaying days on IMVU. I guess being hardly online in either virtual universe, the imagination is waking up even more and I am creating my own alphabet, drawing up maps and creating new fantasy species especially for the bigger tales. Alongside my Ame chronicles, I have about four other big stories saved on my laptop.
It’s halfway through Summer in the northern hemisphere and I got inspired to make casual but still cute Summer outfits for Ame. They are all going with the theme of pink and denim and she is either back home in Tokyo or across the Pacific and in Los Angeles.
The three new LOTD that I have made for Ame are listed below;
Summer Bliss: Having been to Santa Monica myself about two years ago, it is the perfect, picturesque place for Summer. Having a mini carnival with ferris wheel on the wharf alongside the beach where a lot of locals catch the waves, I found it ideal for Ame to go there and take a break from being in the high end cities and constantly shopping. Because of it, this is a cute but much more simpler outfit compared to her other looks of the day. The only designer item she has in this look are the pink Jimmy Choo’s.
Casual Princess: I’ve seen HyunA wear pastel pink before for a music video and she looked absolutely adorable in it, this is another relaxed LOTD for Ame when she is back home in Tokyo, the most expensive item here is the pin! It is made by Christian Lacroix, the other expensive item is the denim scalloped skirt, one of Valentino’s works. Overall I was going for cute and very girly including the Hello Kitty iphone cover, the strawberry bag, Hello kitty nail polish and unicorn plushie, Ame is in her home country so as always she goes all out when it comes to her accessories.
Harajuku: Lots of bright colours and random additions to this LOTD, it was also a lot of fun to make and the first one I made out of the three featured in this post. The Marques’ Almeida wrap skirt, Alberta Ferreti tied belt and Aquazurra sandals were the expensive clothes in this colourful outfit but other than that, Ame is going for bright and happy to blend in with the people within the Harajuku district. This is an outfit that the Yakuza would wear when going to one of the monster cafes or shopping for unique accessories, she often hangs out here with her group of girls usually after a family mission.
It has been a whirlwind of a week since I have returned to work but I am thankful for the past couple of days and everything is still in a very positive light for myself and my family. I’ve had some big news occur recently and they will be published in the below positive thoughts, it goes to show for myself that if you put your heart into something you are guranteed to get it and even if you don’t, you keep trying until you get somewhere that is good for yourself.
My creativity boost from before the holidays is still going and I have been multi-tasking between three of my original stories, I used to write more than ten and have notes for many more before I got into roleplay on IMVU, ten years ago. I’m glad it hasn’t left me completely and I don’t need a group of people to get a plot going. Below are the weekly five likes;
- I got the job! Since before my Europe holiday I have been applying at other Accor properties in a different department. This morning I got woken up to join the new hotel opening in the city, it is a five star property. I won’t be starting until January next year but OMG I got the job!
- I walked/jogged the Blackmore bridge run this past weekend in the city, I beat my record that I did at the 10km run in Canberra in April of this year 😀
- Family lunch this past Monday, mum, sister and I all had days off after the big run and my sister suggested that we all go out for lunch, we went to Hog’s breath cafe at Towers. I had a chicken Caesar wrap with sweet potato wedges.
- Hoping to catch up with my bestie Mei this upcoming Sunday, I haven’t seen her since before the holiday and I know we need to brainstorm our creative ideas and give presents to her.
- Barbie finally released a new film! It is on American Netflix, I am just waiting for it to be released down under
Pink isn’t just a colour, it’s an attitude
I will openly admit this to everyone who comes by my blog, sometimes IMVU has cuter clothes than Second Life, I switch between the two quite often and though we do not walk, run or fly on the IMVU platform, the creators do their best in releasing a lot of adorable clothes.
While the men as always it is a work in progress but that is the same in reality too, more female clothes then men brands, even they look handsome and on point in their clothes. I know this because I dress up my boyfriend’s avatar on IMVU. And like what I do on Second Life after sitting in the dressing room and changing my avatar’s appearance, I test out the look either through photo publishing or go into the heavily populated rooms.
The reception is usually recieved well and I get compliments whether from my friends or from randoms who private message in either world. The furniture detail on Second Life is cuter but there is no limit in how much you can put inside a public room on IMVU. I have three public rooms in that world- my office, a Summer pool and my New York city apartment.
I usually hang out in the apartment as most of you are aware from my previous IMVU posts and I always like to chop and change various corners in that public room as much as I change my avatar’s outfit whenever I log on after a while. I have been on IMVU for 10 years now since August this year and I have watched the progression of the standard avatar change from heavy jewellery and bobble heads to sleek mesh heads and scalers to give more curvature to the base.
This assumption especially said by the Second Life users about IMVU avatars needs to stop, because not all of us look like a 2007 avatar anymore, in fact we look really good.
Yes I’m still around, sorry I haven’t been sharing anything with you all lately,
I have been on a creative spree when it comes to story writing, also suffering jet lag from my trip to Europe and working the PM shifts. But I will post today that I had an interview at the new Sofitel in the city yesterday morning and it went really well! I met the Reservations manager and the Revenue manager who were both really nice women and the interview only went for 17mins, I will find out if I got the job or not next Monday so positive thoughts for me everyone!
This Sunday I will also be doing the Blackmore 10km run/walk with my mum and two of her friends, I’m not sure if some of you remember from last year, we did the 9km run of the same event. I am hoping to beat my score since I have been very active while travelling around Europe so my body is not foreign to lots of movement. My sister and I will be staying in the city because Ange being the fit girl that she is, is doing the half marathon- say good luck to her too 😀
Returning to pink and black outfits and none of these are part of Ame’s story arcs featured in her chronicles. These were all made recently on Polyvore when I had a random creative spike. The three outfits were inspired by places I have seen and wish to go there myself or wanting to have certain actors and actresses to be part of my chronicles dream cast.
Below are the three selected outfits for this week;
Valentines Day: Made on the 14th February, I was in a mush mood and was also in the middle of writing up the future stories for the Osvaldo Arc, this particular V-day is when Ame is back with her Italian mafia Jacen and they have gone to Paris for a weekend away. The above LOTD isn’t so much a dinner date but it could be during the day when Ame is out shopping at her favourite designer stores. She is subtlely armed in this look wearing her usual garter knives. My favourite accessory is the Gucci embroidered clutch.
Senpai in NYC: Ame stayed in New York city when she was hiding from the Russian Mafia Oleysa Zima, but has returned to the Big Apple on multiple occasions, she even has a permanent apartment in Park avenue. One of her connections through the London syndicate is a professor at New York university and rumour is that she is a crazy scientist. If in New York City, Ame will visit the professor to catch up as well as get any details on her latest creations. This LOTD is fun, feminine and eccentric, my favourite pieces is the egg purse and egg hair pins.
Rose Streets: I have shared so many outfits of Ame back home in the streets of Tokyo that I am certain everyone who follows her stories and fashion know what her looks are. Much more casual in the presence of friendships though still designer like her older sister Meiakane. Ame while in her home country always goes all out when it comes to her attire, she blends in with the Shinjuku and Harajuku crowds especially at night when the shops are open until late. My favourite accessories on this LOTD is the Kate Spade ‘Hello Tokyo’ cat bag and the badges/pins on her skirt.
We landed at 6:18am two days ago in Sydney International airport after a 13hr flight from Dubai, the trip back home wasn’t too bad despite the high turbulence that occured somewhere south of India and heading towards Western Australia. I had about four hours sleep and unfortunately parents did not sleep at all, they are quite sensitive to movement. Our chauffeur dropped us home and I got bombarded by my sister while she was filming us on her Snap chat app.
Parents slept for majority of the morning but not me, I unpacked, got my hair washed by my hairdressers while relaying the details of my month holiday and left a voice mail to the HR of Sofitel in the city. I really hope she calls me back and we can set up an interview, I really want to change direction into Reservations or back office. My boss had it down pat before she left us, she knew my strengths were technical and I have been facing guests for too long (seven years!)
Rather than give you all my five likes for the week, I’m going to give you the highlights of my holiday and break it down into detail.
- Florence/Firenze– The food, the Hotel Renaissance that we stayed in, the old buildings, there is something about this city that made me fall in love with it while we stayed there for 3 nights
- Sorrento– It was the optional addition to the Pompeii tour because we couldn’t go up to Mt Vesuvius but I did not mind relaxing by the water front with a milkshake after a busy day in the hot sun. It is so picturesque and gave me inspiration for Ame’s chronicles (written down in note form while away)
- Venice– All of it! It was no.2 on my bucket list since I was a kid. Regardless of how much walking we did, I loved seeing St Mark’s Square, drinking a mocktail at the Hard rock cafe, all the Venetian masks and leather bound, handmade journals and our hotel was amazing, my bed was in a seperate room to where the parents slept
- Lake Como– Mum’s old boss Camilla drove us all the way up to this grand lake from Milan for a day trip and we had dinner on the island of Bellagio, it was breathtaking especially at the top of the mountain, we rode a funicular and was given a gorgeous sight.
- Versailles– I love Marie Antoinette! So I had a very happy all day tour in the palace as well as checking out her estate, since I read her biography and watched the movie featuring Kirsten Dunst, I recognised a lot of the locations used, plus I bought Laduree merchandise, so cute macaron keychain and notepads.
- Disneyland Paris– I have now been to three Disneylands! I felt sorry for dad not sure if he enjoyed going there and probably would have preferred staying in the hotel but it was one of my happiest days on this holiday and I luckily didn’t go overboard with my shopping in the Emporium.
- The Cotswolds– A train ride up north and an early start but the personal tour: Secret Cottage with the tour guide Becky taking us to her home and having her daughter feed us morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea while visiting the old villages covered in flora and so much greenery! Considering that my lawn right now, the lands of England is so lush!
- Harry Potter studio tour– Mum and I left dad back in London and got a driver to take us to Leavesden studios where they filmed the Harry Potter studio, this day is up there with Disneyland and I did so much shopping afterwards! Including a pink pygmy puff that makes cute noises when you squeeze it. Any Potter fan should go here!
- Brad weekend– Two and a half days and finally meeting my other half, I wish we had more time together it so wasn’t long enough! I’m hoping he flies down under and we get more time together. We went to Camden Markets, Stratford Westfield and I met his best friend while he was in London- I miss him every day even though we still talk daily.