When it is cold, it means I am staying indoors as much as possible! We are in the middle of our winter here in Australia and the snow is blasting through this particular weekend. Though I do miss skiing every second year with the family, even though I was terrible in going down the slopes, it was a fun holiday, though I did get to experience the snow again while in Canada back in March. This is another late delivery of a diary entry, my apologies but I realised that I do no need to express my personal life on my blog every single week and rather just live in that moment of my life.
In between the heavy work load though phone calls have not been as busy because it is winter, I have been on Netflix a lot more while writing for Bast here and there. The third season of Stranger Things made me squeal with joy, laugh, exclaim and become a sobbing mess by the final episode. To see the characters grow from the previous two seasons and that character development made me feel like a proud older sister to the kids. The ship/OTP that is Mileven (Mike and Eleven) went through the roof and I love how their relationship developed in the series. Still sobbing over ending though..
We have a lot of lot of Disney remakes been released by either cinematic or trailers and I have never seen such a large bunch of whingey, old Disnerds! Why are we complaining that the classics we loved as children is coming back so that our own children and the next generation have something to enjoy? I am very active on my Twitter browsing and participation and to see (mostly) white fans complaining about the fact our Ariel has gone black is ridiculous. There are so many issues on a global scale that we need to raise about rather than the skin colour of a fictional character.
That there is no Mushu or Shang in the new Mulan. I did not even know this myself but the Chinese audience completely ridiculed and disliked the 90s original film because it was too westernised and ridiculous. Sure Disney is all about showing magic and fantasy elements that gives wonder to children, but the director for the remake wanted something more authentic and believable since the Asian audience is such a large number when it comes to box office calculations and critiques. To be honest, I love this new look, there have been some previous remakes that were scene by scene like its cartoon version and I felt wasn’t so well.
Those making fun of Lion King and the animals not looking animated enough, sure we had Aslan who was beautifully done in CGI for the Narnia chronicles and though I have yet to see the new film, I am both excited for it. Let’s be real here, we get to watch Simba grow up again to become the new king with all the classic songs that are given new life. I heard a sneak peek of “Can you feel the love tonight” featuring Donald Glover and Beyonce, it sounds amazing!
Still haven’t approached that predicament I had in the previous diary entry, every time I try and found time to discuss, I always end up too busy or my friend has too much going on. I tried to give hints and ideas, but you know we all have that one person in our close group that is so dense and doesn’t even understand the key to opening up. I always had a wall since I was a teenager and scared to let people in, that of course crumbled when I had my first relationship, went to college and became part of the industry where I’m always meeting new people. It is never easy to be able to open up, I just wish my friend did with me.
My top five likes for this past week;
- Queer Eye- When Stranger things left me completed shattered and desperately needing a Season 4 to lessen the heartache, the new Fab 5 came in and me feel all whole and happy again. I love the group that is Karamo, Tan, Jonathan, Antoni and Bobby, like bless and protect these gentlemen they are simply EVERYTHING. My girl friends had flailed at me wondering why I had not watched the series on Netflix, I didn’t even realise I had it on mine. So glad they told me of it, I am obsessed with this show and binge watched up until Season 2.
- Claris High Tea– A bit of promotion for what my work has released this weekend, I got to have a look and taste of what we will be selling for our guests two days ago. It’s a collaboration between Megan Hess and my hotel, releasing a high tea for families in particularly mothers and children based around Claris the Mouse. One of Megan’s latest creations especially because she is an illustrator for all luxury designers. Very appropriate for my five star work place.
- I have the worst motivation when it comes to completing or doing anything, I am like this with finishing one of my original stories but the fact my exercising regime is still going for the past two weeks (lol) just because I had a panicking moment when I noticed that I had gained two kilos without realising it. My new clothes luckily still fit me but for how long, not going to revert back to what I was in
- Fillie– The pairing that is Finn Wolfhard and Millie Bobby Brown, I can’t tell you all how happy I am to see these two kids being able to relax together in public and act like a bunch of silly goofs even during the promoting tour for Stranger Things. It was a bit cold and distant post Season 2 and it saddened me that they were scared to be friendly because of some crazy fangirls but now they are open and happy to be best friends again for the whole world to see. I stan.
- DIYs– I will admit I have never been the best at crafts since I was a child, I had help in putting together my shelf for Woodwork class in high school, the same in making pyjamas for the school catwalk, even sewing together a simple cushion! Nope, that was horrible too and I never got around to finish it (refer to the motivation dot point above). However in the past two weeks I was able to give some organisation to my many bags and jewellery that I have in my room. I put together new hangers and made a badge display to hold all my badges inside the wardrobe and not collecting dust outside. I also cleared out my jewellery to the ones that I love to wear all the time.