I am thankful that my weekend has arrived because the first week at my new job has been intense and information overload! I am glad I have a good memory because there is definitely a lot of detail when it comes to being a Reservation agent and I now understand why my old boss suggested I should apply for it. Though there is a lot to understand and its only my first week, I have been having a blast at this new challenge that has been given to me and eagerly accepting it wholeheartedly.
Because I travel into the city every morning on the bus, the need to go into the city isn’t as strong anymore because I’m already there and the energy that comes out of the CBD whether it is early morning with the smell of coffee and corporates going to work or in the early evening with everyone taking transportation home or hitting the local bar or restaurant for drinks, it is always exciting and doesn’t stop. Sydney may not be as bustling as New York City but we still have our own vibe, I am so glad to be working in the city again.
Today I had a decent two hour sleep in from my usual wake-up during the work week and I haven’t done much for this Saturday, tomorrow afternoon is the work Christmas party, I already got my outfit ready (can you tell I’m eager?). Today I visited my old work, returned pair of shoes to my colleague and got myself a headset, its only been four-five years that I been telling myself on the sideline to get myself a microphone that’s not embedded in my laptop.
Excited to know that I will also have Christmas off, which means I’ll have time with my family and I won’t have to work around a schedule where it was limited.
It is tomorrow! I have never been so organised in my life! I have my corporate outfit for the induction day all set including accessories and how to do my hair and make-up, I also got my bags packed complete with new notebook to write down what I need to know, I am re-using my Prada bag that was given to me from my bestie Mei because working in a five star hotel means you gotta up the style and oppulence (in my opinion anyway).
This weekend has been full of fun and today is my rest day before starting the new chapter in my life tomorrow, two of the events that happened this weekend will be listed in the below five likes;
- Honey’s farewell in the city, I haven’t been to a club in so long but it was a lot to go dancing and reunite with her though her new job and mine are in the same area! We can still do catch ups
- Six days off have been a nice mini break between jobs, gave me time to prepare and relax
- My sister’s bridal shower in the form of a kitchen tea yesterday afternoon, wind and rain did not stop us ladies from all having a good time, but OMG so much leftovers!
- Boyfriend has booked his flight to come here next year! I am so ready ❤
- Infinity war trailer!! That looks so badass, can’t wait for it come out next year in May 😀
Overall it has been a fun week and though I have been severely delayed in sharing this diary entry, usually its every Monday (whoops) I am optimistic on this final month of 2017 and 2018 is already looking so bright for me.
After 4.5 years of highs and lows with plenty of memories that were made, I said goodbye to the Novotel this afternoon, though I am returning to the hotel tomorrow to return my uniforms and badges, I officially signed off today. I got spoiled with gifts and plenty of hugs shared around.
I have seen the hotel change brands and my Front office team have plenty of changes itself in either procedures, staff and even the uniforms that we wear, we have thrived through all outcomes and become a much stronger team as a whole. This post will feature some of my favourite moments during my years at the hotel.
- The school formals, though I am working the PM shift hearing the loud music and seeing the outfits of the girls that come in, it is always a fun night to experience
- My birthday card last year was signed by a couple of my VIP loyalty guests. We always give them the special treatment but on that day, they gave it to me
- Going out to the movies with all my front office colleagues, it is so rare you have all of us together in one room. When we had the opportunity to promote the film linked to the Novotel brand, it was always a fun afternoon.
- Melbourne Cup last year, I got to frock up and not wear my uniform for the races while working
- Three emails from different guests of mine that was sent to my big CEO of Asia Pacific region, those warm fuzzy feelings
- Meeting the CEO himself when he came to the hotel this month, I was in awe!
- Learning to drive the hotel shuttle bus, it got me closer to the guests especially a group of fun-loving, happy nuns!
- My regular guests and VIPs, I will miss my colleagues but I will miss the familiar faces I see daily who checked in with me
I will start at the new property and new brand but still Accor in six days time, I am grateful that I am given this time off in between, it gives time to rest, relax and prepare for the change of scene starting next Monday!
I am in the last week at Novotel! It’s so weird that it has finally arrived, my countdown calendar no longer has twenty days on it, it has 5 days to go! Oh gosh and so much is happening all at once though I’m barely working this week, I have two days of morning then days off then another two days of morning. It is all happening so fast, I have already arranged my annual leave for next year including around the time of my sister’s wedding and when the boyfriend visits 😀
I’m grateful that I’m also given some time off in between the jobs, six days to be exact so I can find temporary corporate clothes to wear until the uniforms are ready and I won’t have to worry what to wear in the morning before I take the bus into the city. Posting the following five likes for this week;
- Mum is back from New Zealand! We picked her up from the airport this evening
- Justice League this past weekend was amazing! I don’t care what the masses say, Mei and I loved it!
- Writing up a storm still, so glad my imagination at its peak has returned
- Supre has upped their game when it comes to clothes, their Ice-cream Kween line is soo cute
- Used my Kitten d’amour voucher, got a cute necklace from their Vintage Rose line
I haven’t blogged in six days, whoops! I’m so sorry everyone.
I officially finished working the night shifts a week ago and since then had two days off and been working AM shifts. It is all prepping myself for the 9-5 job starting in the beginning of December. I am just grateful that I have six days off in between the hotels, it will give me time to relax and prepare for the new role.
The rest of my life has been same old, my pictures on Flickr are getting more recognition and though I’m still not going to dabble into Photoshop I am glad my unedited photos are still getting likes. On the writing front, my imagination has returned to what I used to have during my school days with new ideas and stories popping into my head at the most random of times, I just hope that I actually complete one of them, that would be a highlight for me. To finish a series or a short story.
Relationship news, my boyfriend will be booking his flight to come here end of February next year, next week. It is all happening and 2018 is already shaping up to be amazing for myself and my family.
I am counting down to a couple of things this month actually, its all positive and its all so exciting. First up I only have nineteen days to go at my current job as a guest service agent before I will be moving into the new, five star hotel in the city. It is located in the same area where I got into the hotel industry, seven years ago so I cannot wait! There are also a couple of other things that are happening but they will be listed in my weekly five likes.
The only thing that I can be sad about this week is the fact I had a day off on Melbourne cup day, my mum doesn’t like it because of her love for horses and conscience to animals but I am upset because at work, we do a big event every year that hosts over 250 people who book with our events department, have lunch and bet on the winning horse. It also means that Front desk can dress up in fancy wear and fascinators for the day, basically no uniform. I was working AM shift last year when we had the event and I got to wear one of my vintage dresses from Kitten D’amour.
Sadly this year’s Melbourne cup fell upon one of my days off, but even though I could not be dressed up for it, I still had positives for my weekend. The five likes for this week are;
- Booked Justice League to watch with Mei in two weeks, can’t wait!
- My grandma on my dad’s side has returned to Australia from the Philippines! I got to see her today 😀 She remembered me despite being 93 years old
- Men in Black trilogy marathon on Netflix, yes I am listing this as a positive thought because it brings back warm nostalgia of the 90s
- Double choc chip cookies from my local supermarket
- Boyfriend is booking his flight to Australia for next year in two weeks!
I been seeing these mood/aesthetic boards on tumblr lately of the creative artists making boards define by your personality type, Hogwarts house and star sign. I am an ENFP/Aquarius sun/Gryffindor and someone made a board and published it on tumblr for another fan. Credits to Maya
Yes I am definitely making this mood a thing right now because after watching last night’s latest episode of Miraculous, I am a bit peeved with my male lead Cat Noir/Adrien Agreste. Since the beginning of Season 2, the Love square that focused on Ladybug and Cat Noir bloomed into all their respective egos whether civilian or superhero, we saw the building of friendship but also the naivety that is Adrien Agreste’s character. I mean ok I get it, home schooled rich model boy who is clueless on relationships because of his neglectful father.
But surely he knows what is going on with Marinette, yes our adorable female protagonist is a bit of stalker (his entire schedule of what he does every day on her wall at home??) but he can’t be clueless on her actions around him. There was a couple of fellow fans who mentioned that he knew exactly what he was doing and knew about Marinette’s obvious crush on him. Which got me and more fans thinking, was he stringing her along. How is that good in teaching kids who watch this show? Surely the writers know that is not a good way of dealing with relationships.
After the introduction of new character Kagami Tsurugi, who by the way is a badass Japanese fencer, the animation gave off the feeling that Adrien was besotted with her on first meeting. And at the end of the episode, when questioned of his relationship to Marinette (someone who just met him, already got the sense that there was more to his relationship) and he downright said “she just a very good friend” mind you he said that in the first season. We the fandom brushed it off the very first time because he only said it to his kwami (little sprite who grants them superhero powers) Plagg but this second time, Marinette unfortunately witnessed it, leaving her devasted, luckily her kwami Tikki cheered her up.
What has me concerned is that I read in a translated episode list of Season 2, in Episode 11, there was a note that Marinette is akumatised?? Not sure if the translation is true but if will happen it is obvious to cause plenty of problems, because only she can purify the akuma inhabiting the emotionally distraught human. So IF Marinette gets akumatised, who will purify her? Cat Noir has powers of destruction to her creation, we also got the appearance of the Bee and Fox miraculous but so far no details yet to be discussed or shown. I know the creator said the two main characters are endgame as a couple, but yikes can they can be less stalker/stringing along and be normal friends to lovers stereotype?