I have not posted anything new in two weeks, I’m so sorry to those who truly decide to read my ramblings on my blog. I have been occupied whether in reading, writing my own stories or socialising beyond the laptop. I have also been working and exercising up a storm since I last posted about my newly diagnosed medical condition.
My birthday month of February has been blasting its way through and though it may feel like a whirlwind at times, I am still finding daily positive thoughts and fun experiences that are stored in the deep recess of my mind.
Also for the past two weeks I have been battling some combination of a cold and excessive cough. The doctors don’t know what it is, I have been giving antibiotics and now a ventolin to remedy the dry cough but the problem is, if I talk too much or I do my exercise it leaves me with a tight throat and coughing for air. Now everyone knows with my job, I have to be on the phone from 9am to 5pm because I’m in Reservations but this cough is preventing me from doing my job efficiently.
It is frustrating beyond belief and I wish it would end already or the doctor I goes to can confirm what it is than just guessing and giving me short term solutions.
Sharing my five likes over the course of the two weeks;
- A court of thorns and roses by Sarah Maas, the trilogy is addictive as hell! I went through Book 1 and 2 within 3 days and only stopped myself from continuing with the third book because I found myself not doing anything else other than reading
- I am now 80 kilos after starting with 86, 4 weeks ago 😀
- Went to one of my high school girlfriend’s engagement party last weekend, another one is tying the knot!
- 3 days until Brad is here on the same day of my 30th birthday party
- Kitten D’amour’s VIP party last night, I did not buy anything but it was fun to socialise with the other VIP ladies
I am tired because I didn’t get much sleep last night (body decided to wake up at 4am for no apparent reason), I am fangirling because Disney dropped both a new teaser for Avengers: Infinity War and the Han Solo standalone film. I am also annoyed beyond anything else because of the behaviour of my younger sister. Overall I am a mix of emotions tonight but the positive is outweighing the negative thankfully.
My 30th is this upcoming Saturday, not that I can really forget it. My work mates are ensuring I’m still remembering it especially since I share the day with my manager. I can no longer make excuses of being in my twenties anymore, I will be in that thirties age gap and I’m not sure what to think on that. I don’t feel any older except of course when it comes to my health and the dire need to change my lifestyle ASAP.
But I still love the same things I enjoyed when I was 20, the only difference between me being 30 and a decade ago is that I like to believe I have wisened up to what life has thrown at me, I have thrived in difficult circumstances and now prospering into a new chapter that I can happily call mine.
This past weekend I was given a massive wake up call, in the form of the blood tests that I had last week. After the results came through and I got them looked at on Saturday, I was informed that I am insulin resistant and pre-diabetic. It wasn’t until yesterday when I went to the doctors again that I was told I have PCOS. I know I consumed a lot of sweets/sugar in the past decade of my life but it has finally decided to rear in the consequences and ugly truth.
Now since Saturday I have had a total turnaround of my lifestyle and diet, I have been exercising every day whether going for walks with mum or going to my local pool. I have said no to all chocolate, candy and cakes, I even told my boss at work because we normally have chocolate shared around when we get super busy.
Needless to say the weight I have gained since I was 21 will drop but my body is still crying for sugar. Mum told me it will take 10 days for the cravings to stop, this is day 4…I am sincerely hoping.
Right now my mood is a mixture of “I don’t want to get operated on” to “I hope I can still eat all my delicious food, once I’m in the all clear” Friends and family who know me very well, know I am a huge food lover…so we’ll see what happens in a month or so.
The past week’s five likes were a struggle for me to pull together;
- Only four days of work this week, Australia Day means long weekend for me!
- Exercising every day now, that is huge considering I was so inactive beforehand
- Watched The Last Jedi again (third time) with my mum last Sunday, she loved the movie too
- I am reading Ready Player One again on the bus to and from work, such a good book!
- Discovered composer Ivan Torrent through Youtube, woww his music is amazing 😮
Another end of the work week has arrived and though I do not have anything planned for this weekend, I am glad it is here. We have been busy at work this week but the weather has been cooler than anticipate and I’m thankful we had it compared to next week which has a forecast of in the thirties. Eww!
I also have a work party that is occurring on February 1st but I am unsure whether to attend or not. Only because it falls on a week night and its from 6pm to 10pm and I still have work the following morning. Decisions, decisions! I would love to go as its any chance to socialise with my work peers and there is a theme for the event: Nautical. Any excuse to dress up for it as well but the cons that go against it is that its straight after work, I would have to bring an extra bag of clothes and lug it with me on the bus home, and I cannot stay until 10pm because my bus finishes at 7:30pm.
I have been writing a lot after work too, my longest story so far has now reached over 220 pages, that is a milestone in my entire writing history. My stories never reach this long let alone have over 30,000 words. I am half-way through this book.
Work has resumed as normal after New years day and I’m starting to pick up my own rhythm and confidence with every passing day. My assistant manager no longer needs to correct me on how I say things in calls to our guests and I don’t have to keep referring to my notes or the spreadsheets. My giant memory is once again becoming an asset in remembering the small details of a fast pace job. Don’t get me wrong though, I am living for these quick days where before I know it, it is already Friday afternoon.
My team of 8 including my two managers are amazing and hilarious but a supportive unit, if we need assistance in clearing out the email inbox or reducing reservation reviews, two of us will jump straight into it and power through. But while we all work, we also crack up random jokes, a couple of my team members break into a song or there is the standard share of delicious sweets to keep the energy flowing by the afternoon.
The past two week’s five likes;
- Boyfriend is here in 40 days! Two weeks I will have my Brad with me ❤ I can’t believe it is so soon!
- Watched Green Days’s American Idiot musical yesterday with mum at the Opera house, we got a little bit dressed up. I finally got to wear my pink polka dot dress from Kitten D’amour. The show was highly emotional and intense but the music still had me singing since it is from GD’s album.
- Saturday night at Regent place with the bestie Mei, we had not seen each other since New years eve, so it was nice to catch up with her while also discussing what to wear for my upcoming 30th birthday next month, omg!
- Miraculous has returned and graced our digital screens this past Sunday, Season 2 keeps surpassing the fandom’s expectations and it’s a nice fan base where no one is nitpicking or ranting about certain couples…unlike some other fandoms lately.
- Cadbury mini eggs are back in the supermarket! And the small packets are $1 each, I know I told myself less sugar…so I bought one box a day (the box is the length of my thumb..)
I am in a bit of an off mood since I woke up this morning though it is getting better being in the positive environment of work and chatting to my international friends on Facebook on the way into work. I think two big reasons why I’m feeling aggravated is partially because a bloody thunderstorm woke me up early this morning.
I didn’t check what time it was but according to my colleagues it had started at 4am, I must have been light sleeping because usually storms do not wake me up. I hope I will not have my 2pm crash from the lack of sleep.
The other reason is the need for personal space even on a bus that is packed to the front because all the other corporates are returning to work this week. There is one particular man who has sat next to me before and has a tendency to doze off and therefore leaning on me.
I don’t mind taking public transport at all as long as I have some space between myself and the passenger beside me. But there is always a certain group of men that do not know this term, I physically have to put my arm down and slightly push them away if they get too close.
I mean really, just because we are squished like sardines, does not mean they have to completely compact to the point that is too awkward and you can’t move. Not all the passengers are like this thankfully but lack of sleep and passengers did not give me a good morning. The rain has stopped outside and I’m hoping for an uneventful Tuesday.
Another year has finished its orbit around the sun and making its way for a fruitful 2018 (I hope and am very optimistic) I figured with this being my final 2017 diary entry, I will share my highlights of the years in the format of my five likes as well as the resolutions that I have laid out for myself and hoping I have enough motivation to follow through with some of them. I have been blessed with 2017, it started off slow and mundane but as the months passed it snowballed into something truly amazing that has me looking forward and anticipating on what is to come.
This year’s highlights that I can easily put on the top of my list of memories;
- Europe trip! Meeting my boyfriend Brad for the first time especially who is also going to be coming here end of February for 2 weeks and meeting my sister and the rest of the family
- Landing the reservation job at Sofitel, I moved up to a five star luxury brand and 3 weeks in and I’m still loving it!
- Year of fantastic film and tv series- Shadowhunters season 2, Miraculous, Stranger Things 1 and 2, Wonder Woman, Thor: Ragnarok, The Last Jedi just to name a couple of my favourites
- Canberra run in April with mum and Blackmore bridge run in September, who would have thought I’d do walks/runs for charity while enjoying it too
- My flickr of Second Life photos capped 1,000 followers earlier this year
I’ve had many memories and fun times that is why I share a weekly recap including positve thoughts of the week that keep the experiences alive and I can look back on them fondly. Now with a new year approaching, I had to list realistic resolutions for myself. Not exactly five though.
- Lose weight! I have jumped up to a size 16, that is scary! Considering I used to be a 12 years ago, my boyfriend is also losing weight for my sister’s wedding in March so I gotta drop the kilos, a couple at least by then
- Save money– Since Europe I have been idly saving up my money and mostly spending. Mum has been offering to do a budget for me, I might need to think that one over if I wish to continue travelling.
- Lessen the chocolate, it’s amazing that I am not diabetic considering the amount of sugar I eat daily. That needs to go too
- Continue being my happy self– it is because I am true to myself and everyone around me whether friends, family or work that I am my best self and it helps others who are feeling not so positive.
Four resolutions, that’s achievable right? Well this is me signing off for the year. See you all in my next post in 2018!