It is stinking hot! I mean I should expect this from an Australian summer but literally soon as December 1st arrived, the season decided “oh yes, it’s no longer Spring let’s crank up the degrees past 35 celsius!” My family and I have been going to bed with the air-conditioner turned on until 2am when it’s finally cooled down. Meanwhile my boyfriend is dealing with a heap of snow and minus temperatures up in London (lucky)
I apologise for the six day gap since my last post that I shared in relation to my photos on Second Life, my weekends haven’t been like my usual days of being at home and writing/blogging or short outings to the shops. My social life has been making a massive turn and I been going out for dinners for long periods of time. Not that I mind this change, I’m enjoying that I can get back in touch with a lot of old friends and my family especially.
The past two week’s five likes;
- The Last Jedi!!! Saw it last night on my own in my local cinema, glad I had no one next to me I was squealing quietly…a lot and so much plot twists but it was AWESOMEEE!
- Reservation Christmas Dinner last Friday, soo I didn’t realise Long island iced tea was so delicious especially when it’s given complimentary and in a punch bowl! Plus lots of laughs with my new team 😀
- Christmas dinner with the high school girls, I got heckled over information about the boyfriend and my new job. Jamie’s Italian restaurant is delicious especially their gelato. Brought back nostalgic feelings of Italy.
- I love my new job! Reservations in a French luxury hotel suits me to a tee 😛
- Doughnut Time’s ‘Slim shady’ which is basically a glazed donut dotted in mini M&M’s, that sweet is a weakness of mine! Especially with Thursday night shopping in the city.
Overall it has been a good past two weeks and this week is shaping up to be great too, Christmas at the end of the week and I can be there with the family completely without shift work breaking my hours with them.
It seems my boss is determined to give my career the boost it desperately needs having gotten me to fill out a transfer form and re-do my survey. I have also applied for two different types of roles, one is reservations, the other is communications like what I used to do at the previous hotel for 9 months and it was a fun 9 months as well, I enjoyed that role. So here is hoping I get into both, though the idea of working in a five star property though daunting sounds amazing!
Tomorrow is Day 3/5 in work and then I have four days off after that, not sure what I’ve got planned probably more organising my closet for Europe, 34 more days and it keeps getting closer! The excited jitters have landed.
My five likes over the course of the past week;
- Vegetable tempura is delicious and addictive!
- Kong: Skull Island wasn’t as bad I expected and the bonus of Tom Hiddleston ❤
- Marie from Aristocats and Regina from Once upon a time pop dolls I got the other day
- Clary and Jace had their kiss in the recent episode of Shadowhunters! MY OTP IS BACK
- Early access to The Crystal Heart Festival on Second Life is a magic girl’s dream come true