Three days out of eight have been done and dusted so far and I still have yet to continue my exercise, though I’m still very much moving around but not at a cardio level. Mum has been telling me about my budget for our Europe trip in August, thank goodness I been saving up is all I can say despite the random splurges of cute buys online…
Our clocks went back an hour today and I am forever grateful for the extra sleep I got this morning turning six hours into seven, I also worked with my front office manager today, despite being constant with our check outs, the guests were all so lovely and happy people, so we had a lot of fun while on shift. I also got fed breakfast at work today too, we got to have eggs and hash browns plus a free lunch! I can’t say no to fish and chips.
Been on a writing spree when it comes to the story of Mistaken Identity, I am up to chapter 6 for it and so far ironing out the plot while trying to calm down all the crazy ideas that keep entering my head around the fictional tale. Watched Burlesque to help with the dance sequences since the main focus is in the club. Can’t wait for this week to finish though, not just because I’m looking forward to a mini weekend away with mum but to get my rest will be nice.
Though Cyclone Debbie has gone passed and settled down from a category 4 to a tropical storm in Northern queensland, my work life is about to become a busy period leading right up to the weekend where mum and I will be doing the 10km walk in our nation’s capital.
Yes it is coming up already, can’t believe this month has gone so quickly (sorta). I will be working 8 AM shifts straight after tomorrow’s day off and training the new guest service agent, it will be a leadership experience for me, so wish me luck!
Do I have five likes for this past week, lemme count them below;
- Parents came home yesterday and I got a t-shirt present from mum 😀
- Sushi from Kanzo in Parramatta today for lunch was divine
- Finally watched Moana! What a girl power driven and emotional Disney movie ._.
- I been on a creative spark all this evening with writing my story Mistaken Identity
- Catch up phone call with my old work colleague Honey, we will see each other on Saturday
Even though I worked only 5 days last week, 3/5 days was super busy because the hotel was sitting at 100% occupancy, not looking forward to waking up tomorrow at 5am because I gotta be at work an hour early. Ew! Also 7 days of work this week, double ew! I’ll get through it as I always do, but listing off the 5 likes I had this past week.
- My resting heart rate has gone down to 81 (thats good for me >.>)
- Mei got me a delayed birthday present last night, two charms from Pandora 😮
- Boyfriend and I been planning for our days together in August ❤
- Been playing Minecraft again, it’s another creative outlet for me
- Dragons: Race to the edge on Netflix is an addictive show I been watching all week!
I made it! Counting down the five days of AM shift this week that finally led to clocking off at 3pm from work this afternoon and entering my five day weekend. Tonight was a great night with my bestie Lana, we just had dinner and dessert so stuffing our faces with our favourite food and talked about anything and everything, our usual thing when we go out. Looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow and catch up on this weeks’ lack of rest.
This week’s 5 likes;
- I got to work with Honey on AM shift, haven’t worked together in 3 weeks
- My pink mermaid tail arrived this week so did my DokiDoki crate
- Venus was out in the sky last night when I went for a drive
- Kat and Dom who play Clary and Jace were Batgirl and Nightwing for Halloween! ❤
- I started writing up short stories for Ame’s Miami arc, inspired by Polyvore outfits I made
The repetitive vice I have on Second Life is the hungry boys and girls that doesn’t matter your age whether well into your 40s or just entering adulthood you guys all horny and need to buy a collection of sex toys! Stop acting so desperate for a partner when really you just need a good boink!
I got one more day of work again before my two days off and also figuring out what will be my new fashion tile since the last one was so popular on Flickr. Work started off dramatic with one of our guests but ended on a good note even if my property is majority tour groups from Asia. Also looking forward to Melbourne Cup day, I was told by one of my Assistant managers that we have to dress up for it. Hullo to my Kitten D’amour closet!
This week’s 5 likes;
- Doctor Strange yesterday in Gold class, it was amazing! Benedict Cumberbatch born to be Steven Strange
- I got Halloweentown I and II plus Twitches to watch this weekend
- I saw myself on tv when watching X-factor episode that I went to last weekend
- One more day of work until weekend
- The Asian tour groups helping me with their fellow tourists in putting on WIFI to their phones
My only vice is at myself for struggling to write this next chapter for Ame Hayato, so much research and youtube watching to get inspiration for a knife fight. Battles are much harder to write than graphic smut I tell you!
Enjoying this 24hr break between my AM and PM shifts, it was so busy working the morning 7am-3pm at work the past two days because we have a lot of conferences and corporate groups staying with us. They check in for one night and leave the next day it also means no tour groups so no easy check out of a zero balance. I survived though and got just two more days of work left before I participate in yet another walk/jog with my mum this weekend.
This week’s 5 likes;
- Early evening drives heading up north to my favourite hangout by the river
- I got 2 name mentions from guests in our hotel surveys
- “The Hen Den” my Facebook group chat with International girl friends
- Making a list of Halloween movies to watching leading up to the 31st
- My Flickr is 20 followers away from dinging 900 😀
No vices tonight other than the usual vents that you all know about or I have already clucked to my friends about, plus my brain is tired and can’t be bothered to make an opinion. Good night ❤
I guess with only a month until my family and I fly out to glorious Hawaii and its warmth and sun I have to deal with doing long shift weeks at work. My boss has rostered me on 7 days this week then 6 after my next days off then another 7 after that. I’m not sure what the deal is though one of my assistant managers explained it’s because she is on annual leave and the casual guest service agent who can normally cover me will be acting as assistant manager too. Great..
Out of all the incompetenance with fellow colleagues at work, mum being away in Malaysia for work, worrying about who will look after dad since Ange is always out with her boyfriend I still managed to find 5 likes for this new week.
- Cabanossi bites by Primo dipped in minced garlic- yum!
- Pixel cuddles with my boyfriend after work
- Kitten D’amour’s Riviera collection, I raved about it last diary post
- Smell of rain on plants
- Periods of warm days just before I go to work in the PM shift
Tomorrow will be Day 5/7 for this week and got something to look forward to on my days off, I already planned with Mei of a catch up yet again and story talking on this Friday night so can’t wait 😀
Or as what everyone else knows them as the Front office manager. Our new one started two days ago in the morning shift and stayed back until 8-9pm learning everything she can from every single department and my duty manager Honey. Needless to say with years of knowledge and over 10 hotels of working under her belt, us girls on the Front desk have very optimistic thoughts in her being our new boss.
In just meeting and working with her for the past two days she has already has brought a lot to the plate and noticed things around our property that others had not. With her experience I am hoping she can boost the morale and motivation of our front office team because we all seem to be strung out quite thinly since December last year.
We only have 6 check in left and my duty manager Jae has allowed me to use my laptop in the back of Front office unless he needs to do an errand on our shift. I’m giving this time to say enjoy this festive day and the New Years eve to come. May you and your family be blessed and happy with good company, yummy food and giving/recieving of presents from each others. Also I hope your goals have been fulfilled as we count down to the final days of 2013.
At my hotel, we have treated the 200 guests who have booked to a Christmas treat in our Grand ballroom that also includes the arrival of Santa Claus, I managed to take a picture when the ladies from Banquets department were setting up the room, two days ago 😀