6:30am start today and I’m back to the daily grind after a fabulous weekend either relaxing or out with friends, this is also my last week of work doing 6 days before my annual leave for Europe begins. I am all packed and ready to go, just have my day bag to prep for but otherwise everything else is ready for the month trip. Mum keeps telling me how busy we will be with training around the different countries and I know this won’t be a shopping trip, I’m just overall excited for the experience.
I am also still in fangirl mode over all the goodies being released from San Diego comic-con, that is another bucket list to one day check out the convention and be part of the masses in Hall H. The trailers for Shadowhunters, Avengers 3: Infinity war, Justice League have got me squealing and I can’t believe that Adelaide Kane (Mary from Reign) is going to be in Once upon a time and Tom Welling (Superman from Smallville) is going to be featured in the new season of Lucifer!
- My old assistant manager celebrated her birthday this past Saturday in the city, it was great to catch up
- Kagami event has opened on Second Life, it’s a Japanese horror game brings back nostalgia from 2 years ago
- I pre-ordered Occamy, the bird snake from Fantastic Beasts, a special pop doll from San Diego comic-con
- My dragon story has been moved from my little black book into word document
- Cute covered journals from Typo such as mermaid scales are addictive, I need to stop buying them!
It seems my boss is determined to give my career the boost it desperately needs having gotten me to fill out a transfer form and re-do my survey. I have also applied for two different types of roles, one is reservations, the other is communications like what I used to do at the previous hotel for 9 months and it was a fun 9 months as well, I enjoyed that role. So here is hoping I get into both, though the idea of working in a five star property though daunting sounds amazing!
Tomorrow is Day 3/5 in work and then I have four days off after that, not sure what I’ve got planned probably more organising my closet for Europe, 34 more days and it keeps getting closer! The excited jitters have landed.
My five likes over the course of the past week;
- Vegetable tempura is delicious and addictive!
- Kong: Skull Island wasn’t as bad I expected and the bonus of Tom Hiddleston ❤
- Marie from Aristocats and Regina from Once upon a time pop dolls I got the other day
- Clary and Jace had their kiss in the recent episode of Shadowhunters! MY OTP IS BACK
- Early access to The Crystal Heart Festival on Second Life is a magic girl’s dream come true
I was suppose to post this earlier but that Ame fashion entry was too cute that I enjoyed seeing it sit at the top of my blog without anything disrupting all the bright colours of her wardrobe. Anyway here is a weekly update of what is going on in my reality. Work has been seamless and no problems, though our rating is horrid (we got 10 days to boost it up again!) though I also may been having a change of scene if all goes to plan and with the continuing support of my Front office manager and duty managers.
I won’t speak of it as of yet since its still very much in the early stages but after I was presented with a different path in my career, I realised that after 4 years in the same hotel, doing the same job I have become officially stalemate. No movement, no nothing even with the increased training of more tasks. This offer was presented to be my boss and had me thinking about it the past couple of days. I sought out advice from my besties Mei and Katie, my boyfriend Brad and my parents. They all think I should go for this new opportunity, so we’ll see how it goes.
I will keep you all my readers in touch of how it goes over the next couple of weeks, but surely nothing will happen as of yet because of my big holiday in August.
The top five likes from the past 10 days;
- New assistant manager has started working at my hotel, he knows my other duty manager and we are getting along very nicely
- Shadowhunters is back tomorrow, wooot!
- I have been binge watching Season 1 of Reign, oh gosh my ‘Frary’ heart is bursting
- I know I’m suppose to be saving up my money but I couldn’t help but get new Peter Alexander winter pjs today
- I’ve seen this handmade Enchanted rose with fairy lights on Etsy and I want to buy it so much! Maybe after my holiday (if I have money left in my bank account)