Instagram is currently down and everyone is on twitter asking and flailing about it. I didn’t even realise until I saw the hashtag treading, its comical and sad that humanity has come to rely on their social media so heavily on a daily basis. I admit I have a facebook, twitter and Instagram but I frequent them to catch up on my multi fandom news especially on Star Wars and Miraculous lady bug.
This work week while short because of the past long weekend but its been productive and very busy for us in Reservations especially because we only have four days. The long weekend was a well needed break from my city and from what had occured in the past month, all the bloody drama! My parents and I went to our nation’s capital for two nights and stayed in our favourite hotel while my sister and hubby house/cat sat.
We were in Canberra for the flower festival that signifies the arrival of Spring down under and the reason why we decided to go down there was because I had three days off and we had not been to Floriade since I was 8 years old. Though there wasn’t many tulips this year because we are currently going through a drought, there was still plenty of flowers to be seen and it was mixed with live music and cute market stalls. The smell of the food gave me nostalgic feels of the Easter show and all their attractions.
How have I been coping since the best friend removed me silently? I’ve been doing ok, I’ve still got my American besties and been reaching out to friends I haven’t spoken to in months. You know when you say goodbye to friends through work or leisure and you keep assuring each other to stay in touch and to not be strangers? Well I am realising that I am almost strangers to a couple of mates of mine who were there for me with any situation. I am not going to desert them.
Creative side has been all over the place and that is probably the ADHD again, I am re-reading all the old stories that are still a work in progress and trying to rack my brain to finish at least one of them. They are all in the middle of each tale and I just need to find the motivation and heart to finish them. I did read the Battle for Azeroth book: Before the storm in one day, on the road to Canberra this past Saturday. I only wished that I had also brought with me another book considering I finished the novel so quickly.
It gives inspiration for my warlock short stories that I post here bi-weekly and more temptation to subscribe again to Blizzard and return to the world of Azeroth. What is holding me back is the fact that I would have to pay for it again and I’m currently in the process of saving for my overseas travels of next year.
My five likes found during this short work week;
- Chicken pies for dinner this past Monday, we bought from this amazing bakery in Goulburn on the way home from Canberra and had them in the evening. Reason why I put this as a like is because we rarely eat pie because we’re all trying to eat healthy in this household and this was a treat.
- My handmade soot ball by Mola Pila arrived from Spain yesterday! It’s so soft and now part of my bed collection, I don’t care that I have many plushies, it is just part of who I am 😉
- Hyatt– though I work for Accor and have not thought of leaving the hotel chain, Hyatt always treats my family as high end guests doesn’t matter where we stay, whether in Canberra or Waikiki.
- A new colleague from Paris has joined my department and we had lunch together today, I told her how I’m learning French to benefit myself in being part of the French company. She has offered to help me learn her language.
- The Addams family, welcoming the spooky month I binge watched the two films on 1st and 2nd of October, Morticia is gothic elegance and her marriage with Gomez is pure couple goals, hidden kinks and all.
This week has been so busy with work! And exhausting because it has been the 7am-3pm shift, I was hoping that after our two new girls were trained up and on the phones, we could all revert back to our normal hours but this doesn’t look to be the case. I don’t mind finishing at 3pm, its nice getting home when the sun is still out but the waking up at 5am is very tiring.
The guests on the phones this week have been on the extreme ends either really nice and fun to talk to or very difficult that I need involvement from my manager (she has enough on her plate as it is!) I also had my specialist appointment on the Monday, she is glad that I am keeping the weight off and so far no blood tests need to be done, I am scheduled to see her in December again with a new weight goal in mind.
I haven’t been talking to the boofhead much this week and it’s probably because he and I have both been busy or he’s probably been occupied elsewhere in reality including this weekend that is about to finish. Before I would have sulked about it, but now its just coming to terms that he is not prominent in my life anymore.
Second Life has been meh and I’ve been lacking inspiration to make pretty photos in that virtual world, so I’ve been on IMVU instead this week and writing as well, tonight in particular I have written at least twenty pages for one of the stories, I don’t know where the spark came from but I’m glad it did.
Let’s see if I can find five positive likes from this past week;
- “Lingerie is not about seducing men, it’s about embracing womanhood.” – Dita Von Teese. I bought two harnesses by Mary Jane, she does custom jobs through Etsy and I been meaning to get something cute to show off subtley my ‘other’ side without being obvious.
- Crazy Rich Asians– I loved the book and the movie was a very good adaptation, I just wish there was a man like Nicholas Young, but finding a single, rich and humble bloke is highly unlikely in this world.
- An old acquaintance has returned in-world because he’s back to being overseas for work and in the same time zone, we caught up tonight and it was lovely
- My manager is back! She was gone for 4 weeks because she broke her shoulder and now she is back tomorrow, can’t wait to see her again! Our resident mama bear ❤
- Writing again, yes this is a positive every time I can do it before sometimes the struggle is real to find motivation to continue my many tales
I love having three days off, it feels like a long weekend and it means I can go out today to the shops or just go for a drive and there is no traffic and it’s nice and quiet in the shopping centre. Though it also means I will have to work this Saturday on my own (though I can’t now because I have my grandma’s 95th birthday lunch, I was under the impression it was a night time party as usual).
Didn’t do much surprisingly other than cooking dinner, helping my bestie Katie update her Second Life look, read over my previous stories that I haven’t looked at since March this year, Netflix and chill, walks under the warm sun. Even though my long weekend isn’t action packed, I don’t mind days where I can just have a breather especially with work being so busy with just three on the phone.
The new girls are picking up speed though in their training and we finally got one of them who has been with us for a month and a half on the phones. She is unsure of herself like I was when I first started working in hotels 8 years ago but I assured her with time, she will get the knack of it. With any skill it just takes practice.
Feels for this week have been happy, fluffy, supportive, passionate and all very optimistic, I am once again grateful that despite a tiring work week, the weekend makes up for it in decent doses of happiness.
Sharing my five positive likes for this past week and long weekend;
- Teen Choice Awards; Despite Constantin Films confirming that Shadowhunters is finished, my beloved show won best scifi series and actor! And that is piping hot tea to all those who cancelled it! BTS also won best international artist and Miraculous won best animated show. My fangirl heart is alive today.
- I have a serious weakness for Faerie fictional men, I mean Rhysand owns my soul from ‘A court of mists and fury’ and now I bought a new book called The Cruel Prince, the second main character Prince Cardan Greenbriar…lord! He is like a younger Rhys
- Spent this entire weekend with the boofhead inworld, happy mood on :3
- Devilled sausages on Saturday night, I haven’t had it in years (feels like it) so yum
- Bought from Pandora on Saturday arvo, their Shine honeycomb lace ring…been eyeing it for weeks now
Caught up on my sleep after working the 7am-3pm shifts last week and got two decent days off, they both been very good and productive surprisingly. Yesterday was a drive up to my usual lookout overlooking the Hawkesbury river then a fabulous night with the bestie watching Mission Impossible: Fallout, movie was amazing! I would say it tops all the other films in the series. Catch up with Mei was great as usual, next movie night is when Crazy Rich Asians is released.
I also decided to change my hair on Second Life, in reality I cut it all off so it sits just above my shoulders when natural so online after chatting with my other bestie Katie, we decided to change our hair colour to that of our favourite ponies respectively. As a nod to Pinkie Pie, my avatar’s hair is hot pink! It’s a drastic change from the usual brunette locks but I dig it.
Also been writing a lot in the current, random stories I have started. I haven’t continued Book 1 of my trilogy as of yet, but for that book I have to be in a decent head space to get the words flowing for the new chapter. Today was spontaneous, I was gonna chill at home and probably write some more, it turned out completely different. Mum had two tickets to go to a Gluten free expo, and invited me to go with her.
I am so glad I did, we got to eat a lot of food samples that are not only gluten free, soy free and even sugar free. There was a donut that was vegan and I’m still trying to figure out how did they substitute the chocolate that is inside it? Because it was simply amazing to eat and still tasted so sweet, but no sugar? The gluten free Chinese food and macaroons that I bought today I’m looking forward to cook/eat because those samples were my favourite to try.
Bonjour from the confines of my office! I am working today and while originally I felt overwhelmed especially seeing over one hundred emails and one thousand to be reviewed reservations, over the past three hours I have managed to cull both down at a decent amount. So once again I can be happy to say it is all quite manageable and I’m taking each task one step at a time while listening to my playlist of favourite, motivating tunes.
This past week I have also been back to working 9am-5pm and I will say that I miss the 8am wake-ups compared to waking up nowadays at 6am, it is freezing in the early morning! It is going to be worse next week with the 7am starts because I will have to wake up at 4:30am! Eww!
My social life outside work has been ok, I haven’t been logging on Second Life or gaming as much as I thought I would except at the beginning of the week. I have been multi tasking again, blame my ADHD, between reading book 1 of my fantasy trilogy, watching soaps being made and watching the new season of one of my favourite shows, I have been still keeping my brain distracted.
Been having nostalgic feels over my ten years being on IMVU this week, not sure why it’s been popping up in my head lately but another one of those mysteries of my buzzing memories. I also had an intense conversation with the ex, mutual understanding is forming but the trickles of frustration is present which I’m not sure he knows cause he reads this blog (I see you!) but other than that, nothing bad has happened this week that I can complain about.
I like to be a believer in good luck and karma and this week I been wearing my golden horse shoe necklace which has been classified as a known good luck charm, maybe that is it, or someone up there has been taking care of me.
My five likes for this week, it has been a good week despite work being crazy busy (limited staff);
- Fall out! The plot is depressing and I suck at 360 degree controls but my bestie Katie is a great teacher- so patient with me
- I got a favourite from the actor Luke Baines on my twitter! He will be playing the reborn Jonathan Morgenstern on Shadowhunters, we still have yet to save the show
- Bought the Clow book from Cardcaptor Sakura last night in it’s original Japanese format, one more artefact to become a true magic girl
- My hotel won ‘Best luxury hotel in NSW’ I am so proud to be a Sofitel girl
- Reunion with Mei tonight after work! We haven’t seen each other in two weeks and I’m having withdrawals of her company
Things are changing at work and that seems to my life this week, that and logging onto Second Life shopping for my cottage or taking pictures and gaining new Flickr followers. But anyway back to work, we said goodbye to another Reservations agent who has moved into Sales. Because of this and being limited in agents taking phone calls, our boss has decided to put all of us on a rotating shift.
Which means for me I’ll be doing a week of 7am-3pm (eww!) I don’t mind to be honest, it will be a nice break from finishing at night and seeing sun by the time I get home, it only means that I will have early wake up calls such as 4:30am to get a bus on time into the city. We also did a massive training segment for the entire hotel, it has been ongoing since last week, I did mine today. Learnt a lot and it’s four principles could also assist me in living my life.
One single line spoke out to me and it was something that the great inventor Thomas Edison had said to his peers after countless of failed inventions, I didn’t know that the man behind the light bulb had failed over one thousand times before he achieved greatness and put his name into our history books.
“I don’t see it as failing one thousand times, I see it as succeeding” To me, it is interpreted as that despite how many times you fail in anything such as being a decent person or doing your job correctly, fixing a relationship, you have all these bumps on the road, all these hurdles but to not see them as negative but rather a positive effect to encourage you to keep trying until you succeed. This resonated and stayed in my head and something I will apply to myself in everything that I do.
Let’s see if I can post my usual five, since this week it has been very quiet for me on the social front, I didn’t even go out with Mei on the weekend, I think we’re waiting until the new Mission Impossible comes out, her second boyfriend Henry Cavill is in it 😛
- Hanging out with the boofhead this past Friday/Saturday, it was nice to chill out online
- My boss said I should get a smaller uniform, I apparently have shrunk again -squee-!
- Addicted to watching novelty soaps being made on the channel Royalty Soaps via Youtube >.>
- Tiny bit of shopping last Sunday, I got more jeggings (jeans/leggings) and this cute polka dot sweater
- Massive catch up with my girls who work at Kitten D’amour, I haven’t seen them in a month, so nice to see both of them ❤
So it’s two steps forward and one step back when it comes to my life and this week though it started off great deterioated into me launching into two bleeding noses while working and then being sent home and the two days after that I’m stuck at home. The reason why? I got another throat infection! Last time I had to call in sick was in early February because I had lost my voice and that was another virus that hit me badly now I have another one that has mixed with the common cold.
In the four years that I worked at Novotel, I never got this sick? I mean yes I did lose my voice twice but this is within a couple of months? Is it because I am in an open space offf with no open windows to let out the germs unlike before where I stood in front of the main entrance with it’s sliding doors? I have no idea but safe to say it is pissing me off- my immunity system.
Sure my body is still undergoing changes such as losing weight and the like and my roster has changed from the standard 9am-5pm to 11am-7pm AND it is winter and no I did not have a flu shot this year. Maybe it’s all these factors that have sent me off the deep end but I thought that my immunity system was harder than this, I guess not.
Staying at home has been nice though, I have Skitty for company and been on a creative spree with making pictures on Second Life and getting appreciated for them on my Flickr stream. I been hanging out with my bestie a lot especially now that she got a new job in a hotel where it grants her overnight shifts- a shift she loves to do and it means we can hang out during my afternoon/evening. I also watched Pacific Rim 2 last night, I don’t know people disliked it, I enjoyed it a lot.
The talks with my ex have been going ok, I mean when you don’t involve Second Life and talk about reality it has always been so much better, but I just been thinking to myself since I woke up this morning and read something online. I’m not sure if I can keep doing this, he contacted me two weeks after hurting me deeply and though it cut me up, I know I still harbour a trickle of feelings for him.
Maybe he reached out too early but when would be the best time to get in contact again, because how do I know when these old feelings will eventually die out?
And I could continue the lyrics of “Breaking Free” from High School Musical but I won’t, but I just have another week where I can’t complain at all in what is going on in my life. This week has been great with both work wise and personal life. Despite some team members not being around this week, my department has still come out on top in tackling all aspects of our tasks and nailing it every day! Our new trainee is blossoming gracefully and very quick on the pick up…so, so proud to be a Reservation agent.
Friendships always changing but always getting closer with my girls and though I said goodbye to some for the benefit of myself (nobody wants a whiny pup, I’m just saying) I am fortunate for my small circle of friends. Speaking of which, seeing my bestie Mei last Saturday for movie date night was great! And nothing is better than having deep and meaningful discussions with your ‘Nee-chan’ while eating delicious, hot Korean food.
Tonight in the final hour of my shift at work, I drew a larger version of my fictional world Orphios (the planet where my trilogy: Seven Realms is set in case anyone has forgotten) and while browsing the web when I got home of other fantasy maps drawn by creative writers, I realised that the original specs of my first map wasn’t too bad. It wasn’t as small as I thought and my thoughts on my little world has gone back to content.
Side note: Same angles but using different colours/windlighting that I have seen featured on Flickr photostreams needs to go! I don’t want to see your pixel vaj 9 times, be original, be unique! Get some damn creative in your vapid soul! I am seeing an increase of online escorts doing this and it’s up there with my irritations alongside married women dating online, child-like avis in bondage and catfishing boys and girls.
Featuring my five likes of a productive but content week again;
- My real life fashion outfits, family and friends are complimenting me on how ‘on point’ my LOTDs are
- Incredibles 2 last Saturday with Mei was freaking fantastic! I could say it was better than no.1
- I bought a Sailor Moon umbrella from Spreepicky last night, it’s so cute, can’t wait to have it
- The to-be-reviewed reservations are back down to 0 at work and STAYING down!
- Soups on cold days that is all
Pinkie Pie is back! My happy, go-lucky attitude is back and better than ever and despite the concerns of my own family of what is happening in my personal life, I have chosen to go my own way and tell them to relax.
I am 30 years old and more than capable to handle individual situations, I mean it is all a part of growing up still is it not? Again I’m thankful to my besties Lana, Katie and Aria for being at my side and their never-ending support and appreciating him for being open to talk about absolutely everything.
The bad vibes of the past two months is dissipating and only what is left are content feelings and hopeful thoughts. The past week has been great, though I have a change of shift at work doing the 11am-7pm, I don’t mind doing this shift. I have a 2hr sleep in and the bus I get into work isn’t full of silent city workers but a cheerful, leisure crowd. This also has an affect on my attitude by the time I get into work.
We also have a new girl who started working this week and she is another half Asian like me. She is so sweet and very quick to learn, she’s going to be an amazing addition to our department. Finishing up at 7pm and being home by 8pm isn’t as bad as my parents think it is.
I get home in time for dinner, I’m still doing exercise after I finish work so I’m still not understanding why they don’t like me working this shift. It is not like I am back to a rotating roster, which could have happened if I said no to doing this shift.
Weekend plans are movie night on Saturday here in the city with Mei, we need to see Incredibles 2! That is a definite since we been waiting 14 years for the sequel!