Things are changing at work and that seems to my life this week, that and logging onto Second Life shopping for my cottage or taking pictures and gaining new Flickr followers. But anyway back to work, we said goodbye to another Reservations agent who has moved into Sales. Because of this and being limited in agents taking phone calls, our boss has decided to put all of us on a rotating shift.
Which means for me I’ll be doing a week of 7am-3pm (eww!) I don’t mind to be honest, it will be a nice break from finishing at night and seeing sun by the time I get home, it only means that I will have early wake up calls such as 4:30am to get a bus on time into the city. We also did a massive training segment for the entire hotel, it has been ongoing since last week, I did mine today. Learnt a lot and it’s four principles could also assist me in living my life.
One single line spoke out to me and it was something that the great inventor Thomas Edison had said to his peers after countless of failed inventions, I didn’t know that the man behind the light bulb had failed over one thousand times before he achieved greatness and put his name into our history books.
“I don’t see it as failing one thousand times, I see it as succeeding” To me, it is interpreted as that despite how many times you fail in anything such as being a decent person or doing your job correctly, fixing a relationship, you have all these bumps on the road, all these hurdles but to not see them as negative but rather a positive effect to encourage you to keep trying until you succeed. This resonated and stayed in my head and something I will apply to myself in everything that I do.
Let’s see if I can post my usual five, since this week it has been very quiet for me on the social front, I didn’t even go out with Mei on the weekend, I think we’re waiting until the new Mission Impossible comes out, her second boyfriend Henry Cavill is in it 😛
- Hanging out with the boofhead this past Friday/Saturday, it was nice to chill out online
- My boss said I should get a smaller uniform, I apparently have shrunk again -squee-!
- Addicted to watching novelty soaps being made on the channel Royalty Soaps via Youtube >.>
- Tiny bit of shopping last Sunday, I got more jeggings (jeans/leggings) and this cute polka dot sweater
- Massive catch up with my girls who work at Kitten D’amour, I haven’t seen them in a month, so nice to see both of them ❤
So it’s two steps forward and one step back when it comes to my life and this week though it started off great deterioated into me launching into two bleeding noses while working and then being sent home and the two days after that I’m stuck at home. The reason why? I got another throat infection! Last time I had to call in sick was in early February because I had lost my voice and that was another virus that hit me badly now I have another one that has mixed with the common cold.
In the four years that I worked at Novotel, I never got this sick? I mean yes I did lose my voice twice but this is within a couple of months? Is it because I am in an open space offf with no open windows to let out the germs unlike before where I stood in front of the main entrance with it’s sliding doors? I have no idea but safe to say it is pissing me off- my immunity system.
Sure my body is still undergoing changes such as losing weight and the like and my roster has changed from the standard 9am-5pm to 11am-7pm AND it is winter and no I did not have a flu shot this year. Maybe it’s all these factors that have sent me off the deep end but I thought that my immunity system was harder than this, I guess not.
Staying at home has been nice though, I have Skitty for company and been on a creative spree with making pictures on Second Life and getting appreciated for them on my Flickr stream. I been hanging out with my bestie a lot especially now that she got a new job in a hotel where it grants her overnight shifts- a shift she loves to do and it means we can hang out during my afternoon/evening. I also watched Pacific Rim 2 last night, I don’t know people disliked it, I enjoyed it a lot.
The talks with my ex have been going ok, I mean when you don’t involve Second Life and talk about reality it has always been so much better, but I just been thinking to myself since I woke up this morning and read something online. I’m not sure if I can keep doing this, he contacted me two weeks after hurting me deeply and though it cut me up, I know I still harbour a trickle of feelings for him.
Maybe he reached out too early but when would be the best time to get in contact again, because how do I know when these old feelings will eventually die out?
And I could continue the lyrics of “Breaking Free” from High School Musical but I won’t, but I just have another week where I can’t complain at all in what is going on in my life. This week has been great with both work wise and personal life. Despite some team members not being around this week, my department has still come out on top in tackling all aspects of our tasks and nailing it every day! Our new trainee is blossoming gracefully and very quick on the pick up…so, so proud to be a Reservation agent.
Friendships always changing but always getting closer with my girls and though I said goodbye to some for the benefit of myself (nobody wants a whiny pup, I’m just saying) I am fortunate for my small circle of friends. Speaking of which, seeing my bestie Mei last Saturday for movie date night was great! And nothing is better than having deep and meaningful discussions with your ‘Nee-chan’ while eating delicious, hot Korean food.
Tonight in the final hour of my shift at work, I drew a larger version of my fictional world Orphios (the planet where my trilogy: Seven Realms is set in case anyone has forgotten) and while browsing the web when I got home of other fantasy maps drawn by creative writers, I realised that the original specs of my first map wasn’t too bad. It wasn’t as small as I thought and my thoughts on my little world has gone back to content.
Side note: Same angles but using different colours/windlighting that I have seen featured on Flickr photostreams needs to go! I don’t want to see your pixel vaj 9 times, be original, be unique! Get some damn creative in your vapid soul! I am seeing an increase of online escorts doing this and it’s up there with my irritations alongside married women dating online, child-like avis in bondage and catfishing boys and girls.
Featuring my five likes of a productive but content week again;
- My real life fashion outfits, family and friends are complimenting me on how ‘on point’ my LOTDs are
- Incredibles 2 last Saturday with Mei was freaking fantastic! I could say it was better than no.1
- I bought a Sailor Moon umbrella from Spreepicky last night, it’s so cute, can’t wait to have it
- The to-be-reviewed reservations are back down to 0 at work and STAYING down!
- Soups on cold days that is all
Pinkie Pie is back! My happy, go-lucky attitude is back and better than ever and despite the concerns of my own family of what is happening in my personal life, I have chosen to go my own way and tell them to relax.
I am 30 years old and more than capable to handle individual situations, I mean it is all a part of growing up still is it not? Again I’m thankful to my besties Lana, Katie and Aria for being at my side and their never-ending support and appreciating him for being open to talk about absolutely everything.
The bad vibes of the past two months is dissipating and only what is left are content feelings and hopeful thoughts. The past week has been great, though I have a change of shift at work doing the 11am-7pm, I don’t mind doing this shift. I have a 2hr sleep in and the bus I get into work isn’t full of silent city workers but a cheerful, leisure crowd. This also has an affect on my attitude by the time I get into work.
We also have a new girl who started working this week and she is another half Asian like me. She is so sweet and very quick to learn, she’s going to be an amazing addition to our department. Finishing up at 7pm and being home by 8pm isn’t as bad as my parents think it is.
I get home in time for dinner, I’m still doing exercise after I finish work so I’m still not understanding why they don’t like me working this shift. It is not like I am back to a rotating roster, which could have happened if I said no to doing this shift.
Weekend plans are movie night on Saturday here in the city with Mei, we need to see Incredibles 2! That is a definite since we been waiting 14 years for the sequel!
I love to write stories whether book length or short quips and post them here for you all to read. This is the most obvious statement and when I look at my ten years of being on either IMVU or Second Life, I could happily say my own virtual world could have it’s own memoirs of my time online. I have had my fair share of positive and negative moments whether it was in-character for roleplay or just being me, I have experienced a lot.
Also what is with the case of the exes? Soon as I make a note I am single, they all come flocking back! Except 3 which I’m glad for, but the rest of them? I do not want a boyfriend, this is a new chapter in my life and I wish to focus on me. I want to be at my highest peak of success/career and personal happiness before I even think of dating someone again ohh and while travelling the world to my favourite destinations (Japan, Paris, Disney world…to name a few).
I am still forever grateful to my girls Katie, Lana and Aria for reaching out to me during my times of need and seeking advice, they haven’t been angry or offering vengeance rather they been giving sole advice, hope and ears to listen to my constant, flailing thoughts that are an emotional tumult even now.
Side note: Cutesy girls with child-like faces while totally kinked up needs to go, you don’t see that bs in reality so the whole trend going off on Second Life (not on IMVU thank God!) needs to desist, there is one thing to look “pure” and Lolita inspired but these girls just look like young girls, stop encouraging the pedos to come out of their dank caves!
Featuring my five likes for this very busy week;
- Family fuelled weekend, aunts from New Zealand are here and spent Friday, Saturday and today with mum’s side.
- Red Rooster’s cheesy nuggets, these are a cheeky snack and are so nom during cold days
- My imagination, it’s wide open whether through doing pictures on SL or continuing my Seven realms trilogy.
- No more tension, it’s been sealed off and clearing out the mental vents and because of it, I’m definitely back to my chirpy self again and people are noticing
- Golden State Warriors won the season! And the trophy is back in the bay! #Dubnation
My emotions are still a conglomerate of everything but it is more positive than negative so I’m happy to say that. Returning to work today after a pro-active, three days off (thank God we are part of the commonwealth to have a holiday to celebrate the Queen’s birthday though her actual bday is in April).
I saw Ocean’s 8 twice, once with mum, the second time with my bestie Mei. Got to see my grandma (dad’s mum) on Sunday night and been re-reading and typing more of Book 1 for my Seven realms trilogy. I have also been hitting a creative spike in taking creative pictures on Second Life, I am not getting the usual 30-50 favourites as before my 2 week break in February but I don’t mind that, I’ve hit 1.4k followers and that in itself an achievement.
When I do have a mental downer and I start to overthink over everything that has happened the past two months, my logical Aquarian brain barges in and gives me all the positives of each moment and though it may seem empty at times, I’m still getting better. Not for anyone else but just for me and my own self gratification.
Also in regards to my Aquarian brain, the ADHD side is throwing story ideas for what occurs after Book 3 in my trilogy, I had a basket of ideas in my head that I had to write it down inside one of my many notebooks stored in my desk. They might come to writing, they might not but they were bloody good, original notes.
Parents and I are flying back to Sydney tomorrow morning, it is an early flight around 7am I believe and we are skipping a day completely and landing around 5pm on Monday evening, time zones I tell you have multiple ways of being a complete pain in the ass, there is more cons to pros when it comes to flying across the globe. I don’t want to go home but at the same time I do.
I will be very happy to be reunited with my Skitty again, though I will be given the cold treatment for the rest of the night until he realises that he still loves me and that my younger sister is leaving him (again). I will also be excited to see my Reservations team again, I miss the singing, the random chatter and how efficient we are, I am ready to tackle my work and get back to business.
Vivid has also started back home, as readers know who have followed me for years, I go to this light and sound festival every year with my parents. The first two years was with my bestie Lana but afterwards its with mum and dad. We are looking to go next month as family from New Zealand will be coming over to celebrate my aunt (mum’s big sister) 60th birthday! So many milestones occurring within my family.
The five likes I will be sharing this time are the highlights of my two week holiday;
- Shirokiya street village in Ala Moana shopping centre; It feels like I am in Japan, that I am not in an American state and Japan is still no.1 in my bucket list so this place under the huge mall was a lovely escape every time we went.
- I got to see two turtles, on our drive to the windward side yesterday even though the waves were dangerous, we spotted two turtles swimming in the ocean.
- All the shopping! I didn’t splurge like I did in 2016 and was quite logical with my spending this year but the purchases I’m excited to wear especially the winter clothes
- Godiva coated Oreos, these decadent dark chocolate biscuits are AMAZE and I can’t get them back home in Australia, so I’m savouring each cookie
- Beating my record going up Diamond Head, I know I’m fitter than 2 years ago but climbing up the crater this past week just proved it to me.
I forgot to make a Luci note in my blog on the 13th May that I was going to be away for two weeks with the parents. I am typing this up in the club lounge of my hotel in Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii! We have been here for the past week and it has been an amazing trip so far to just keep my head clear and to re-think while enjoying the sun and all that shopping, yes please!
Though my shopping hasn’t been too bad, I think it is because I am logically analysing each item rather than splurge buying and realising that I barely wear it. I am getting a bit of a tan and the past 3 days we trekked through Maui around rainforests, mud and seeing majestic waterfalls. Got back to Waikiki yesterday and this whole week is relaxing in the sun and checking out the stores.
Last night I raided H&M down the road from my hotel and today I am wearing one of the dresses I bought, bestie Katie from New York says I look fabulous, but that girl is always biased. I will see all of you again when I am back in cold Sydney, the weather back home makes me glad I am in sunny Hawaii!
I am sitting at my desk at work typing this out while literally waiting for the next 30mins until I finish my shift at 7pm. I did the 11am to 7pm shift today to help my colleague Jay who needed to be with her family, I don’t mind doing this time to be honest.
I get to have a two hour sleep in from my usual 6am wake up, I can relax and enjoy the morning sun before work and then when I finish work its dinner time so I’ll usually head into Chinatown to get food. Friday finishes at 7pm are the best because every week we have the night markets open, so pork buns and dumplings yes please!
My mum also reminded me last night that we have only nine days until we are flying to Hawaii again on Mother’s Day, it also made me realise that I have yet to pack my suitcase, whoops! Last time I was in Hawaii was two years ago and I had the best time! Not only did I get a healthy tan, I got my first pair of Louboutin sandals, tried Godiva’s choc coated Oreos, shopped a lot in Hot Topic and Kate Spade, experienced the amazing Polynesian cultural centre, climbed Diamond Head and went to Pearl Harbour.
Going with the parents as always, even at 30 I still have a blast with them and I don’t care what others think on that note. I will start the packing tomorrow, yay for the weekend! and TGIF!
I realised that I have a lot of things that I’m looking forward to, the two events that are featured in this blog are only the recent ones while I have more upcoming in the first half of the year. I realised that with all the exciting events happening now, the second half of 2018 is looking to be very quiet and boring, I’m sure I’ll find something to get excited about.
My mood swings have been fluctuating like a damn rollercoaster especially when it comes to matters of the heart. I wish I could stop overthinking especially when I have work the following morning, but I can’t help it. It is probably a hormone thing and that again bounces back to my medical condition but still ugh! I do not like this overthinking and hot/cold attitude it’s really frustrating. My friends have been great ears for me to vent to.
Weight is still at a steady pace, it isn’t going up but it isn’t going down either, I think it’s because I welcomed carbs back into my life even though they are low GI, that and I haven’t been exercising for 30mins every day as I used to when I first started this whole change back in January, I really should do that again, it probably will help massively with my worrying emotions.
Sharing my five likes, I realised I only shared four last time, whoops;
- Infinity War is in 12 days! Going to watch it in fancy gold class with Mei
- I got book titles for my Seven Realms trilogy! After bringing down the ‘To be reviewed’ reservatons count to 0 this past Friday, I had ideas of what each book is going to be called. I checked with my second bestie Katie on what she thought of them, she loved them but I think my girls are just biased 😛
- My cousin’s 40th this past weekend, though the bar itself was full of Asians and they played two djs at each other end of the venue that you couldn’t decide where to dance, it was a fun night and Ate Gayle’s friends are great to chat to.
- My five year tenure with my hotel is coming up and I have a gala to attend to in relation to it at the end of this month, but I’m going to be featured in some random, film thing where I have to answer questions of my fond memories, who inspires me etc. That is this Thursday
- Hawaii is in 25 days! That place is so relaxed and positive vibes, perfect to rejuvenate from any busy life. Beach by day, shopping at night though I told myself I have to cut back on the shopping if I’m looking towards London next year (plane tickets are so expensive..)
Work has been very busy since I have returned from my 2 weeks off, we were told that April would mellow out after the long weekend, aha no… still crazy busy and the past two days I have been leaving later than usual. Also because I’m leaving later it means that I’m coming home at 7pm and it is already night, feels so surreal coming home and its dark.
The Easter long weekend was a nice break for me and I spent most of it outdoors with my bestie Mei at night though I did spend a great deal of it also indoors on my laptop- not logged into the virtual worlds however. The writers block I had seemed to have broken away and I’m back to writing Act I for my fantasy trilogy (more of that in my positive thoughts below).
After my epiphany of staying away from toxic internet life I have felt better and more happy, if that is even possible. Though I look back on the memories I made with international friends fondly, the drama that came from meta roleplayers and egos because they had nothing else going for them I am so happy to wash my hands of.
Sharing my five likes, I realised I only shared four last time, whoops;
- Ready Player One and Peter Rabbit, the Easter long weekend resulted in not only resulted in nice sleep-ins but also movie nights with the bestie. The two movies were both great in their own way. Though Rp1 was different to its book version it was very entertaining with lots of geeky easter eggs. Peter Rabbit I grew up with as a child so seeing this digital rendition of the beloved character, it was a cute Easter movie.
- My Seven realms trilogy, I finally came out and shared my drawn map to my friends and family on Facebook and told everyone how I’m writing a fantasy novel. It has been going well, I wrote a lot over my easter break
- Kitten D’amour dress up! One of the perks in being a VIP for the vintage boutique store, I can play dress up and pose for photos, its a major confident boost in myself
- I am two kilos away from the weight that I was in 2013, I can’t believe how much my lifestyle has turned around since the start of 2018!
- Miraculous and Shadowhunters are back on my Netflix with their new seasons, soo happy to binge my favourite shows again!