I realised that I have a lot of things that I’m looking forward to, the two events that are featured in this blog are only the recent ones while I have more upcoming in the first half of the year. I realised that with all the exciting events happening now, the second half of 2018 is looking to be very quiet and boring, I’m sure I’ll find something to get excited about.
My mood swings have been fluctuating like a damn rollercoaster especially when it comes to matters of the heart. I wish I could stop overthinking especially when I have work the following morning, but I can’t help it. It is probably a hormone thing and that again bounces back to my medical condition but still ugh! I do not like this overthinking and hot/cold attitude it’s really frustrating. My friends have been great ears for me to vent to.
Weight is still at a steady pace, it isn’t going up but it isn’t going down either, I think it’s because I welcomed carbs back into my life even though they are low GI, that and I haven’t been exercising for 30mins every day as I used to when I first started this whole change back in January, I really should do that again, it probably will help massively with my worrying emotions.
Sharing my five likes, I realised I only shared four last time, whoops;
- Infinity War is in 12 days! Going to watch it in fancy gold class with Mei
- I got book titles for my Seven Realms trilogy! After bringing down the ‘To be reviewed’ reservatons count to 0 this past Friday, I had ideas of what each book is going to be called. I checked with my second bestie Katie on what she thought of them, she loved them but I think my girls are just biased 😛
- My cousin’s 40th this past weekend, though the bar itself was full of Asians and they played two djs at each other end of the venue that you couldn’t decide where to dance, it was a fun night and Ate Gayle’s friends are great to chat to.
- My five year tenure with my hotel is coming up and I have a gala to attend to in relation to it at the end of this month, but I’m going to be featured in some random, film thing where I have to answer questions of my fond memories, who inspires me etc. That is this Thursday
- Hawaii is in 25 days! That place is so relaxed and positive vibes, perfect to rejuvenate from any busy life. Beach by day, shopping at night though I told myself I have to cut back on the shopping if I’m looking towards London next year (plane tickets are so expensive..)
Work has been very busy since I have returned from my 2 weeks off, we were told that April would mellow out after the long weekend, aha no… still crazy busy and the past two days I have been leaving later than usual. Also because I’m leaving later it means that I’m coming home at 7pm and it is already night, feels so surreal coming home and its dark.
The Easter long weekend was a nice break for me and I spent most of it outdoors with my bestie Mei at night though I did spend a great deal of it also indoors on my laptop- not logged into the virtual worlds however. The writers block I had seemed to have broken away and I’m back to writing Act I for my fantasy trilogy (more of that in my positive thoughts below).
After my epiphany of staying away from toxic internet life I have felt better and more happy, if that is even possible. Though I look back on the memories I made with international friends fondly, the drama that came from meta roleplayers and egos because they had nothing else going for them I am so happy to wash my hands of.
Sharing my five likes, I realised I only shared four last time, whoops;
- Ready Player One and Peter Rabbit, the Easter long weekend resulted in not only resulted in nice sleep-ins but also movie nights with the bestie. The two movies were both great in their own way. Though Rp1 was different to its book version it was very entertaining with lots of geeky easter eggs. Peter Rabbit I grew up with as a child so seeing this digital rendition of the beloved character, it was a cute Easter movie.
- My Seven realms trilogy, I finally came out and shared my drawn map to my friends and family on Facebook and told everyone how I’m writing a fantasy novel. It has been going well, I wrote a lot over my easter break
- Kitten D’amour dress up! One of the perks in being a VIP for the vintage boutique store, I can play dress up and pose for photos, its a major confident boost in myself
- I am two kilos away from the weight that I was in 2013, I can’t believe how much my lifestyle has turned around since the start of 2018!
- Miraculous and Shadowhunters are back on my Netflix with their new seasons, soo happy to binge my favourite shows again!
I have returned to the daily grind at my beautiful hotel in the city and I can happily boast that my team needed me desperately though I was only absent for two weeks. It is so good to see everyone again, though I enjoyed the time my boyfriend was here and got to show him a lot of my city, being back in the office and talking with my colleagues and doing our usual antics, I missed them all!
A lot has happened in the past week and a lot has been occurring this current weekend too, they will be featured in my positive thoughts for the weekend. Since Brad has left, I have been thinking over my trip for next year and when to go. Obviously it will be my turn to go to England and finally meet his parents and all his friends but I’m unsure on what time to go. My mum and bestie thinks I should go in their winter to see if I can survive it or not.
There is also talks of who would move where, my dad has already expressed that I am not going anywhere but in the end, this decision will be up to me and where I want to go in the next two years.
Sharing my five likes for this week;
- Black Panther with bestie Mei last weekend, it is such an amazing movie and I downloaded two songs from the soundtrack
- I have lost 6 kilograms since I started that life changing diet, friends and family are noticing the difference
- I bought The Last Jedi novel when Brad was over here, my shipper heart for Kylo and Rey made me so happy in reading the book. Jason Fry brought the movie to life even more
- Bruno Mars tonight with my Filo cousins and sister, from what I heard from friends who already been, he is an entertainer and keeps the crowd going.
- Brad and I shared rolled ice-cream the night before he flew home, it was in a cute pop store in my favourite shopping mall in the city. Oreos of course and so yummy.
I have been offline for the past two weeks since February 24th because of the sole purpose that my boyfriend Brad was here in Australia and I took him around Sydney and slightly outside the basin. The first week went at an easy pace, he met my family at my 30th birthday party, it was Harry Potter theme and we then had my sister’s wedding the following weekend, Brad caught the garter too…
My whole family adores him and he can get along easily with anyone he meets, he even met my regular hairdressers and my favourite shop assistant at the vintage store Kitten D’amour. The second week we did more tourist outings in the city including Manly beach and Taronga Zoo but like all good things, it must all come to an end.
At 2:30pm in front of the gates of Sydney International airport, I said goodbye to my other half. Even now, 4hrs later and sitting down in my room where my bed is remade and all my plushies are back, the room still smells like him and my chest still aches. I asked one of my high school friends how did they do it with their now husband and she advised to keep looking into the future and our next reunion.
The next reunion will be in England when I go there next year, I thought I’d go in August when my parents fly to Canada but mum suggested I should go in January, to experience their winter and if I would be able to handle it if I moved over there. Still thinking about dates just for now, I’m nursing a sad heart.
I have not posted anything new in two weeks, I’m so sorry to those who truly decide to read my ramblings on my blog. I have been occupied whether in reading, writing my own stories or socialising beyond the laptop. I have also been working and exercising up a storm since I last posted about my newly diagnosed medical condition.
My birthday month of February has been blasting its way through and though it may feel like a whirlwind at times, I am still finding daily positive thoughts and fun experiences that are stored in the deep recess of my mind.
Also for the past two weeks I have been battling some combination of a cold and excessive cough. The doctors don’t know what it is, I have been giving antibiotics and now a ventolin to remedy the dry cough but the problem is, if I talk too much or I do my exercise it leaves me with a tight throat and coughing for air. Now everyone knows with my job, I have to be on the phone from 9am to 5pm because I’m in Reservations but this cough is preventing me from doing my job efficiently.
It is frustrating beyond belief and I wish it would end already or the doctor I goes to can confirm what it is than just guessing and giving me short term solutions.
Sharing my five likes over the course of the two weeks;
- A court of thorns and roses by Sarah Maas, the trilogy is addictive as hell! I went through Book 1 and 2 within 3 days and only stopped myself from continuing with the third book because I found myself not doing anything else other than reading
- I am now 80 kilos after starting with 86, 4 weeks ago 😀
- Went to one of my high school girlfriend’s engagement party last weekend, another one is tying the knot!
- 3 days until Brad is here on the same day of my 30th birthday party
- Kitten D’amour’s VIP party last night, I did not buy anything but it was fun to socialise with the other VIP ladies
This past weekend I was given a massive wake up call, in the form of the blood tests that I had last week. After the results came through and I got them looked at on Saturday, I was informed that I am insulin resistant and pre-diabetic. It wasn’t until yesterday when I went to the doctors again that I was told I have PCOS. I know I consumed a lot of sweets/sugar in the past decade of my life but it has finally decided to rear in the consequences and ugly truth.
Now since Saturday I have had a total turnaround of my lifestyle and diet, I have been exercising every day whether going for walks with mum or going to my local pool. I have said no to all chocolate, candy and cakes, I even told my boss at work because we normally have chocolate shared around when we get super busy.
Needless to say the weight I have gained since I was 21 will drop but my body is still crying for sugar. Mum told me it will take 10 days for the cravings to stop, this is day 4…I am sincerely hoping.
Right now my mood is a mixture of “I don’t want to get operated on” to “I hope I can still eat all my delicious food, once I’m in the all clear” Friends and family who know me very well, know I am a huge food lover…so we’ll see what happens in a month or so.
The past week’s five likes were a struggle for me to pull together;
- Only four days of work this week, Australia Day means long weekend for me!
- Exercising every day now, that is huge considering I was so inactive beforehand
- Watched The Last Jedi again (third time) with my mum last Sunday, she loved the movie too
- I am reading Ready Player One again on the bus to and from work, such a good book!
- Discovered composer Ivan Torrent through Youtube, woww his music is amazing 😮
Work has resumed as normal after New years day and I’m starting to pick up my own rhythm and confidence with every passing day. My assistant manager no longer needs to correct me on how I say things in calls to our guests and I don’t have to keep referring to my notes or the spreadsheets. My giant memory is once again becoming an asset in remembering the small details of a fast pace job. Don’t get me wrong though, I am living for these quick days where before I know it, it is already Friday afternoon.
My team of 8 including my two managers are amazing and hilarious but a supportive unit, if we need assistance in clearing out the email inbox or reducing reservation reviews, two of us will jump straight into it and power through. But while we all work, we also crack up random jokes, a couple of my team members break into a song or there is the standard share of delicious sweets to keep the energy flowing by the afternoon.
The past two week’s five likes;
- Boyfriend is here in 40 days! Two weeks I will have my Brad with me ❤ I can’t believe it is so soon!
- Watched Green Days’s American Idiot musical yesterday with mum at the Opera house, we got a little bit dressed up. I finally got to wear my pink polka dot dress from Kitten D’amour. The show was highly emotional and intense but the music still had me singing since it is from GD’s album.
- Saturday night at Regent place with the bestie Mei, we had not seen each other since New years eve, so it was nice to catch up with her while also discussing what to wear for my upcoming 30th birthday next month, omg!
- Miraculous has returned and graced our digital screens this past Sunday, Season 2 keeps surpassing the fandom’s expectations and it’s a nice fan base where no one is nitpicking or ranting about certain couples…unlike some other fandoms lately.
- Cadbury mini eggs are back in the supermarket! And the small packets are $1 each, I know I told myself less sugar…so I bought one box a day (the box is the length of my thumb..)
Another year has finished its orbit around the sun and making its way for a fruitful 2018 (I hope and am very optimistic) I figured with this being my final 2017 diary entry, I will share my highlights of the years in the format of my five likes as well as the resolutions that I have laid out for myself and hoping I have enough motivation to follow through with some of them. I have been blessed with 2017, it started off slow and mundane but as the months passed it snowballed into something truly amazing that has me looking forward and anticipating on what is to come.
This year’s highlights that I can easily put on the top of my list of memories;
- Europe trip! Meeting my boyfriend Brad for the first time especially who is also going to be coming here end of February for 2 weeks and meeting my sister and the rest of the family
- Landing the reservation job at Sofitel, I moved up to a five star luxury brand and 3 weeks in and I’m still loving it!
- Year of fantastic film and tv series- Shadowhunters season 2, Miraculous, Stranger Things 1 and 2, Wonder Woman, Thor: Ragnarok, The Last Jedi just to name a couple of my favourites
- Canberra run in April with mum and Blackmore bridge run in September, who would have thought I’d do walks/runs for charity while enjoying it too
- My flickr of Second Life photos capped 1,000 followers earlier this year
I’ve had many memories and fun times that is why I share a weekly recap including positve thoughts of the week that keep the experiences alive and I can look back on them fondly. Now with a new year approaching, I had to list realistic resolutions for myself. Not exactly five though.
- Lose weight! I have jumped up to a size 16, that is scary! Considering I used to be a 12 years ago, my boyfriend is also losing weight for my sister’s wedding in March so I gotta drop the kilos, a couple at least by then
- Save money– Since Europe I have been idly saving up my money and mostly spending. Mum has been offering to do a budget for me, I might need to think that one over if I wish to continue travelling.
- Lessen the chocolate, it’s amazing that I am not diabetic considering the amount of sugar I eat daily. That needs to go too
- Continue being my happy self– it is because I am true to myself and everyone around me whether friends, family or work that I am my best self and it helps others who are feeling not so positive.
Four resolutions, that’s achievable right? Well this is me signing off for the year. See you all in my next post in 2018!
I had forgotten how fun family parties can be when you are there for the entire evening and not rocking up at the last minute like I was doing for the past seven years. My four day weekend is coming to an end and it has been amazing. 3/4 days were parties with either side of my parents families and I experienced my first ‘boodle’ which is where all the food is laid out along a table covered in banana leaves and you eat with your hands. It’s a Filo tradition. I couldn’t do it, well I did but not how the rest of my family could and I even attempted to use two skewers as chopsticks, that failed..
Christmas night was less eventful but by no means less fun, we played Articulate on the dining table. It’s a game where you have to describe the word on the card without saying it’s name and you’re under a timer. I realise that my trivia knowledge is quite limited and I do not know the world as much as I thought I did.
I binge watched Stranger Things in two days (thank you Netflix!) and I will not watch that show again at night, didn’t realise it also has quite a few spooky creatures that had me fast forwarding those particular scenes. I adore Mike and Eleven, they are so young and pure but adorable as a couple! The conspiracy theories behind the town of Hawkins had me thinking a lot but it was a good series and I’ll be one of those fans eagerly waiting for Season 3.
Boxing Day (today) I avoided the shops until the afternoon and instead spending my evening listening to my music on Itunes and browsing tumblr and writing a segment into one of my four main stories that I have saved on my laptop. I also revamped my tumblr layout, it needed a change after so long. Back to work tomorrow but it is only for 3 days then I got another 3 days off because of New Years day, yayy for working hotel reservations!
It is stinking hot! I mean I should expect this from an Australian summer but literally soon as December 1st arrived, the season decided “oh yes, it’s no longer Spring let’s crank up the degrees past 35 celsius!” My family and I have been going to bed with the air-conditioner turned on until 2am when it’s finally cooled down. Meanwhile my boyfriend is dealing with a heap of snow and minus temperatures up in London (lucky)
I apologise for the six day gap since my last post that I shared in relation to my photos on Second Life, my weekends haven’t been like my usual days of being at home and writing/blogging or short outings to the shops. My social life has been making a massive turn and I been going out for dinners for long periods of time. Not that I mind this change, I’m enjoying that I can get back in touch with a lot of old friends and my family especially.
The past two week’s five likes;
- The Last Jedi!!! Saw it last night on my own in my local cinema, glad I had no one next to me I was squealing quietly…a lot and so much plot twists but it was AWESOMEEE!
- Reservation Christmas Dinner last Friday, soo I didn’t realise Long island iced tea was so delicious especially when it’s given complimentary and in a punch bowl! Plus lots of laughs with my new team 😀
- Christmas dinner with the high school girls, I got heckled over information about the boyfriend and my new job. Jamie’s Italian restaurant is delicious especially their gelato. Brought back nostalgic feelings of Italy.
- I love my new job! Reservations in a French luxury hotel suits me to a tee 😛
- Doughnut Time’s ‘Slim shady’ which is basically a glazed donut dotted in mini M&M’s, that sweet is a weakness of mine! Especially with Thursday night shopping in the city.
Overall it has been a good past two weeks and this week is shaping up to be great too, Christmas at the end of the week and I can be there with the family completely without shift work breaking my hours with them.