Writing this after working the Saturday shift and my God we had our fluctuations of crazy busy to complete silence with booking rooms today. Decided to start this blog entry in being completely open with all my readers and baring myself to all of you. I have been hiding in the virtual worlds of IMVU and Second Life because of the toxic relationship of my first boyfriend. I have been hiding ever since and dating random blokes that I have met through online. I was with someone the past four years and we finally met last year, he came here this year for my sister’s wedding but we also broke up.
I have been diagnosed with PCOS since mid last year and been taking pills to assist me losing weight, it has been a struggle because I have a massive sweet tooth. It is confirmed I have ADHD, it was thought about when I was in Yr 3 but brushed aside by my doctor thinking it was just me having an eccentric mind. It is also why I always need to be multi tasking and can’t stay on a fixed task. When I was a child I struggled in gaining friends and was a bit of a loner until I had a group with 4 other girls, same thing in high school for the first two years until I met my best friend. I am Eurasian, I have a mixed background of Filipino and New Zealand and because of these cultures I am heavily influenced by the strong family ties.
I have a fear of being alone because of my condition in having severe bleeding noses as a child, its not just a simple drip and dab away, mine have a tendency to gush and last for 10minutes or so, I am on bioflavonoids to help the capillaries in my nose become strong, I keep salt tablets in my purse to help ease the heavy flow. It is a contradiction with my mentality, I like going out and doing things on my own but at the same I like having someone around whether friends or family just in case I have another episode.
I am 30 years old and still love to travel with my parents, though I am told to venture out into the big, bad world alone, the above reason is why I’m scared to do so but also bold enough that I can travel domestically but if it was anything international I would wish for company. I like the colour pink, anything glittery or sparkly, I have a ton of plushies on my bed and my bedside table is a magical girl haven yet on the other side, I have a weakness for bondage harnesses, katanas and anything gothic lolita. I have a penchant for New age jewellery but also like any accessories related to cats and my favourite fandoms. I am a fantasy reader and a writer yet struggle to finish a decent story because I am always picking on it and finding the motivation to complete it.
All of these things have created me over the years to make me the woman I am today, either I am accepted or found to be considered odd by some but this is ok by me, because I would hate to be anyone other than myself.
My five likes over this past week;
- Shopping– I normally try and cull my weekend visit to the local mall with just one day but the past weekend was a whole different matter. I went to three different shopping centres and got various items. My favourite piece is a lace bodysuit from Honey Birdette. This lingerie store is known for being bold and causing controversy being so liberal when it comes to expression of female empowerment and I only got two items including this bodysuit. I would wear it with a black bralet of course and I’ve already envisioned pairing it with one of my Kitten D’amour skirts.
- I had yesterday off because I worked today and because of it, I got to see my 94-year-old grandma on my dad’s side. She lives with my dad’s youngest sister so I got to see my aunt too, I am worried with my grandma because she is getting older, her memory is starting to fade and with family, if she does not see them enough she is starting to forget. Luckily for me, as soon as she saw me her entire face lit up and she reached out for a hug- best.day.ever
- I finally used the gift cards given to me from my old hotel as a farewell present. Used them on two designer perfumes- Burberry‘s classic scent and Dolce & Gabanna‘s latest- The only one. Both fragrances smell amazing but I have yet to finish the rest of the perfume still in my collection.
- New dishes created from this chef named Nagi, mum has been on a experimental binge this past week and two nights ago I had my first Thai laksa, it had a bit of a kick to it but the noodles, broth and bean sprouts was delicious.
- Wearing a size smaller on both top and bottom, the loss of weight is showing at last!
Another week has come to it’s end and despite the heavy rain we have experienced here in my city and work has been insanely busy with high occupancy it still has been an overall good week. The company of my colleagues is always emanating positive energy and we have a new Reservation agent that has joined our insane family. He used to work with one of the new girls at their old hotel but knows a lot of the system and picking up very quickly. He appears to be a strong asset to the team.
Conversations of catch up with my girls this week has been lovely too, it’s realising that I have been missing out on seeing them and I just hope that I can have another catch up with the Filo side of my family. I barely see my cousins as it is, of course they all have their own families now but I recalled to my parents one night that we barely have parties anymore when before we used to have one every second weekend or so because there is so many of us.
I worked yesterday and normally on Saturdays I am alone in the office but this time I had both my boss and one of the group co-ordinators come in and work, they were catching up on their group reservation work but still it was lovely company and we had some laughs in between work. I was fortunate enough to not have many phone calls that I got a ton of work done for the duration of my shift. It means less stress for our team when we all return to work tomorrow morning.
Matters of my heart has been ok, I’m enjoying being the single pringle and though the people I have met has been dismal and disappointing I am content in not searching for a while because I’m in a happy spot in my life where I don’t need a companion and instead can flourish as a free standing career woman.
Collecting my five likes for this past week;
- My best friend Katie got married today!! Though she lives in the U.S and I sadly could not be attendance (that’s a whole different matter) I got to see the photos and she got someone to record the event so I’ll be able to watch the ceremony. She looked flawless and completely Rarity sparkle, the elegant pony would have approved.
- Miraculous– The fandom was well fed with two episodes yesterday and while Malediktator showed a redemption arc for the school’s mean girl and gave us complete girl power, Frozer on the other hand was an emotional mess. The love square is about to become a bloody hexagon with the two new characters being potential crushes. The writers said they would be more than the love interests but I say liars!
- Night Noodle Markets in my city last night, I was introduced to it by my boss and I could not believe it has taken me this long to discover it. It is more than just Asian food though I did indulge in dim sims and pork buns, it also had bars and dessert stalls. Music was great and company was good.
- Reunion with an old friend, we knew each other on IMVU about 6-7 years ago than he went into the navy and we hardly spoke since that time but yesterday he reached out to me and told me that he’s coming to my city next month. He wants to meet up since he’s here for a month, I’m unsure because we haven’t been in contact for years though from our conversation we are still the same people just older and mature? maybe lol.
- Mum’s birthday, it was this past Thursday and we all went out for Thai joined by my sister, her husband and the in-laws. Stayed out late with yummy food and fun conversation, as I mentioned above outings with family beyond my circle of three is so minimal nowadays so to have that experience is treasured.
This week has been so busy with work! And exhausting because it has been the 7am-3pm shift, I was hoping that after our two new girls were trained up and on the phones, we could all revert back to our normal hours but this doesn’t look to be the case. I don’t mind finishing at 3pm, its nice getting home when the sun is still out but the waking up at 5am is very tiring.
The guests on the phones this week have been on the extreme ends either really nice and fun to talk to or very difficult that I need involvement from my manager (she has enough on her plate as it is!) I also had my specialist appointment on the Monday, she is glad that I am keeping the weight off and so far no blood tests need to be done, I am scheduled to see her in December again with a new weight goal in mind.
I haven’t been talking to the boofhead much this week and it’s probably because he and I have both been busy or he’s probably been occupied elsewhere in reality including this weekend that is about to finish. Before I would have sulked about it, but now its just coming to terms that he is not prominent in my life anymore.
Second Life has been meh and I’ve been lacking inspiration to make pretty photos in that virtual world, so I’ve been on IMVU instead this week and writing as well, tonight in particular I have written at least twenty pages for one of the stories, I don’t know where the spark came from but I’m glad it did.
Let’s see if I can find five positive likes from this past week;
- “Lingerie is not about seducing men, it’s about embracing womanhood.” – Dita Von Teese. I bought two harnesses by Mary Jane, she does custom jobs through Etsy and I been meaning to get something cute to show off subtley my ‘other’ side without being obvious.
- Crazy Rich Asians– I loved the book and the movie was a very good adaptation, I just wish there was a man like Nicholas Young, but finding a single, rich and humble bloke is highly unlikely in this world.
- An old acquaintance has returned in-world because he’s back to being overseas for work and in the same time zone, we caught up tonight and it was lovely
- My manager is back! She was gone for 4 weeks because she broke her shoulder and now she is back tomorrow, can’t wait to see her again! Our resident mama bear ❤
- Writing again, yes this is a positive every time I can do it before sometimes the struggle is real to find motivation to continue my many tales
I love having three days off, it feels like a long weekend and it means I can go out today to the shops or just go for a drive and there is no traffic and it’s nice and quiet in the shopping centre. Though it also means I will have to work this Saturday on my own (though I can’t now because I have my grandma’s 95th birthday lunch, I was under the impression it was a night time party as usual).
Didn’t do much surprisingly other than cooking dinner, helping my bestie Katie update her Second Life look, read over my previous stories that I haven’t looked at since March this year, Netflix and chill, walks under the warm sun. Even though my long weekend isn’t action packed, I don’t mind days where I can just have a breather especially with work being so busy with just three on the phone.
The new girls are picking up speed though in their training and we finally got one of them who has been with us for a month and a half on the phones. She is unsure of herself like I was when I first started working in hotels 8 years ago but I assured her with time, she will get the knack of it. With any skill it just takes practice.
Feels for this week have been happy, fluffy, supportive, passionate and all very optimistic, I am once again grateful that despite a tiring work week, the weekend makes up for it in decent doses of happiness.
Sharing my five positive likes for this past week and long weekend;
- Teen Choice Awards; Despite Constantin Films confirming that Shadowhunters is finished, my beloved show won best scifi series and actor! And that is piping hot tea to all those who cancelled it! BTS also won best international artist and Miraculous won best animated show. My fangirl heart is alive today.
- I have a serious weakness for Faerie fictional men, I mean Rhysand owns my soul from ‘A court of mists and fury’ and now I bought a new book called The Cruel Prince, the second main character Prince Cardan Greenbriar…lord! He is like a younger Rhys
- Spent this entire weekend with the boofhead inworld, happy mood on :3
- Devilled sausages on Saturday night, I haven’t had it in years (feels like it) so yum
- Bought from Pandora on Saturday arvo, their Shine honeycomb lace ring…been eyeing it for weeks now
Caught up on my sleep after working the 7am-3pm shifts last week and got two decent days off, they both been very good and productive surprisingly. Yesterday was a drive up to my usual lookout overlooking the Hawkesbury river then a fabulous night with the bestie watching Mission Impossible: Fallout, movie was amazing! I would say it tops all the other films in the series. Catch up with Mei was great as usual, next movie night is when Crazy Rich Asians is released.
I also decided to change my hair on Second Life, in reality I cut it all off so it sits just above my shoulders when natural so online after chatting with my other bestie Katie, we decided to change our hair colour to that of our favourite ponies respectively. As a nod to Pinkie Pie, my avatar’s hair is hot pink! It’s a drastic change from the usual brunette locks but I dig it.
Also been writing a lot in the current, random stories I have started. I haven’t continued Book 1 of my trilogy as of yet, but for that book I have to be in a decent head space to get the words flowing for the new chapter. Today was spontaneous, I was gonna chill at home and probably write some more, it turned out completely different. Mum had two tickets to go to a Gluten free expo, and invited me to go with her.
I am so glad I did, we got to eat a lot of food samples that are not only gluten free, soy free and even sugar free. There was a donut that was vegan and I’m still trying to figure out how did they substitute the chocolate that is inside it? Because it was simply amazing to eat and still tasted so sweet, but no sugar? The gluten free Chinese food and macaroons that I bought today I’m looking forward to cook/eat because those samples were my favourite to try.
Things are changing at work and that seems to my life this week, that and logging onto Second Life shopping for my cottage or taking pictures and gaining new Flickr followers. But anyway back to work, we said goodbye to another Reservations agent who has moved into Sales. Because of this and being limited in agents taking phone calls, our boss has decided to put all of us on a rotating shift.
Which means for me I’ll be doing a week of 7am-3pm (eww!) I don’t mind to be honest, it will be a nice break from finishing at night and seeing sun by the time I get home, it only means that I will have early wake up calls such as 4:30am to get a bus on time into the city. We also did a massive training segment for the entire hotel, it has been ongoing since last week, I did mine today. Learnt a lot and it’s four principles could also assist me in living my life.
One single line spoke out to me and it was something that the great inventor Thomas Edison had said to his peers after countless of failed inventions, I didn’t know that the man behind the light bulb had failed over one thousand times before he achieved greatness and put his name into our history books.
“I don’t see it as failing one thousand times, I see it as succeeding” To me, it is interpreted as that despite how many times you fail in anything such as being a decent person or doing your job correctly, fixing a relationship, you have all these bumps on the road, all these hurdles but to not see them as negative but rather a positive effect to encourage you to keep trying until you succeed. This resonated and stayed in my head and something I will apply to myself in everything that I do.
Let’s see if I can post my usual five, since this week it has been very quiet for me on the social front, I didn’t even go out with Mei on the weekend, I think we’re waiting until the new Mission Impossible comes out, her second boyfriend Henry Cavill is in it 😛
- Hanging out with the boofhead this past Friday/Saturday, it was nice to chill out online
- My boss said I should get a smaller uniform, I apparently have shrunk again -squee-!
- Addicted to watching novelty soaps being made on the channel Royalty Soaps via Youtube >.>
- Tiny bit of shopping last Sunday, I got more jeggings (jeans/leggings) and this cute polka dot sweater
- Massive catch up with my girls who work at Kitten D’amour, I haven’t seen them in a month, so nice to see both of them ❤
And I could continue the lyrics of “Breaking Free” from High School Musical but I won’t, but I just have another week where I can’t complain at all in what is going on in my life. This week has been great with both work wise and personal life. Despite some team members not being around this week, my department has still come out on top in tackling all aspects of our tasks and nailing it every day! Our new trainee is blossoming gracefully and very quick on the pick up…so, so proud to be a Reservation agent.
Friendships always changing but always getting closer with my girls and though I said goodbye to some for the benefit of myself (nobody wants a whiny pup, I’m just saying) I am fortunate for my small circle of friends. Speaking of which, seeing my bestie Mei last Saturday for movie date night was great! And nothing is better than having deep and meaningful discussions with your ‘Nee-chan’ while eating delicious, hot Korean food.
Tonight in the final hour of my shift at work, I drew a larger version of my fictional world Orphios (the planet where my trilogy: Seven Realms is set in case anyone has forgotten) and while browsing the web when I got home of other fantasy maps drawn by creative writers, I realised that the original specs of my first map wasn’t too bad. It wasn’t as small as I thought and my thoughts on my little world has gone back to content.
Side note: Same angles but using different colours/windlighting that I have seen featured on Flickr photostreams needs to go! I don’t want to see your pixel vaj 9 times, be original, be unique! Get some damn creative in your vapid soul! I am seeing an increase of online escorts doing this and it’s up there with my irritations alongside married women dating online, child-like avis in bondage and catfishing boys and girls.
Featuring my five likes of a productive but content week again;
- My real life fashion outfits, family and friends are complimenting me on how ‘on point’ my LOTDs are
- Incredibles 2 last Saturday with Mei was freaking fantastic! I could say it was better than no.1
- I bought a Sailor Moon umbrella from Spreepicky last night, it’s so cute, can’t wait to have it
- The to-be-reviewed reservations are back down to 0 at work and STAYING down!
- Soups on cold days that is all
Pinkie Pie is back! My happy, go-lucky attitude is back and better than ever and despite the concerns of my own family of what is happening in my personal life, I have chosen to go my own way and tell them to relax.
I am 30 years old and more than capable to handle individual situations, I mean it is all a part of growing up still is it not? Again I’m thankful to my besties Lana, Katie and Aria for being at my side and their never-ending support and appreciating him for being open to talk about absolutely everything.
The bad vibes of the past two months is dissipating and only what is left are content feelings and hopeful thoughts. The past week has been great, though I have a change of shift at work doing the 11am-7pm, I don’t mind doing this shift. I have a 2hr sleep in and the bus I get into work isn’t full of silent city workers but a cheerful, leisure crowd. This also has an affect on my attitude by the time I get into work.
We also have a new girl who started working this week and she is another half Asian like me. She is so sweet and very quick to learn, she’s going to be an amazing addition to our department. Finishing up at 7pm and being home by 8pm isn’t as bad as my parents think it is.
I get home in time for dinner, I’m still doing exercise after I finish work so I’m still not understanding why they don’t like me working this shift. It is not like I am back to a rotating roster, which could have happened if I said no to doing this shift.
Weekend plans are movie night on Saturday here in the city with Mei, we need to see Incredibles 2! That is a definite since we been waiting 14 years for the sequel!
Parents and I are flying back to Sydney tomorrow morning, it is an early flight around 7am I believe and we are skipping a day completely and landing around 5pm on Monday evening, time zones I tell you have multiple ways of being a complete pain in the ass, there is more cons to pros when it comes to flying across the globe. I don’t want to go home but at the same time I do.
I will be very happy to be reunited with my Skitty again, though I will be given the cold treatment for the rest of the night until he realises that he still loves me and that my younger sister is leaving him (again). I will also be excited to see my Reservations team again, I miss the singing, the random chatter and how efficient we are, I am ready to tackle my work and get back to business.
Vivid has also started back home, as readers know who have followed me for years, I go to this light and sound festival every year with my parents. The first two years was with my bestie Lana but afterwards its with mum and dad. We are looking to go next month as family from New Zealand will be coming over to celebrate my aunt (mum’s big sister) 60th birthday! So many milestones occurring within my family.
The five likes I will be sharing this time are the highlights of my two week holiday;
- Shirokiya street village in Ala Moana shopping centre; It feels like I am in Japan, that I am not in an American state and Japan is still no.1 in my bucket list so this place under the huge mall was a lovely escape every time we went.
- I got to see two turtles, on our drive to the windward side yesterday even though the waves were dangerous, we spotted two turtles swimming in the ocean.
- All the shopping! I didn’t splurge like I did in 2016 and was quite logical with my spending this year but the purchases I’m excited to wear especially the winter clothes
- Godiva coated Oreos, these decadent dark chocolate biscuits are AMAZE and I can’t get them back home in Australia, so I’m savouring each cookie
- Beating my record going up Diamond Head, I know I’m fitter than 2 years ago but climbing up the crater this past week just proved it to me.