Pinkie Pie is back! My happy, go-lucky attitude is back and better than ever and despite the concerns of my own family of what is happening in my personal life, I have chosen to go my own way and tell them to relax.
I am 30 years old and more than capable to handle individual situations, I mean it is all a part of growing up still is it not? Again I’m thankful to my besties Lana, Katie and Aria for being at my side and their never-ending support and appreciating him for being open to talk about absolutely everything.
The bad vibes of the past two months is dissipating and only what is left are content feelings and hopeful thoughts. The past week has been great, though I have a change of shift at work doing the 11am-7pm, I don’t mind doing this shift. I have a 2hr sleep in and the bus I get into work isn’t full of silent city workers but a cheerful, leisure crowd. This also has an affect on my attitude by the time I get into work.
We also have a new girl who started working this week and she is another half Asian like me. She is so sweet and very quick to learn, she’s going to be an amazing addition to our department. Finishing up at 7pm and being home by 8pm isn’t as bad as my parents think it is.
I get home in time for dinner, I’m still doing exercise after I finish work so I’m still not understanding why they don’t like me working this shift. It is not like I am back to a rotating roster, which could have happened if I said no to doing this shift.
Weekend plans are movie night on Saturday here in the city with Mei, we need to see Incredibles 2! That is a definite since we been waiting 14 years for the sequel!
Parents and I are flying back to Sydney tomorrow morning, it is an early flight around 7am I believe and we are skipping a day completely and landing around 5pm on Monday evening, time zones I tell you have multiple ways of being a complete pain in the ass, there is more cons to pros when it comes to flying across the globe. I don’t want to go home but at the same time I do.
I will be very happy to be reunited with my Skitty again, though I will be given the cold treatment for the rest of the night until he realises that he still loves me and that my younger sister is leaving him (again). I will also be excited to see my Reservations team again, I miss the singing, the random chatter and how efficient we are, I am ready to tackle my work and get back to business.
Vivid has also started back home, as readers know who have followed me for years, I go to this light and sound festival every year with my parents. The first two years was with my bestie Lana but afterwards its with mum and dad. We are looking to go next month as family from New Zealand will be coming over to celebrate my aunt (mum’s big sister) 60th birthday! So many milestones occurring within my family.
The five likes I will be sharing this time are the highlights of my two week holiday;
- Shirokiya street village in Ala Moana shopping centre; It feels like I am in Japan, that I am not in an American state and Japan is still no.1 in my bucket list so this place under the huge mall was a lovely escape every time we went.
- I got to see two turtles, on our drive to the windward side yesterday even though the waves were dangerous, we spotted two turtles swimming in the ocean.
- All the shopping! I didn’t splurge like I did in 2016 and was quite logical with my spending this year but the purchases I’m excited to wear especially the winter clothes
- Godiva coated Oreos, these decadent dark chocolate biscuits are AMAZE and I can’t get them back home in Australia, so I’m savouring each cookie
- Beating my record going up Diamond Head, I know I’m fitter than 2 years ago but climbing up the crater this past week just proved it to me.
I realised that I have a lot of things that I’m looking forward to, the two events that are featured in this blog are only the recent ones while I have more upcoming in the first half of the year. I realised that with all the exciting events happening now, the second half of 2018 is looking to be very quiet and boring, I’m sure I’ll find something to get excited about.
My mood swings have been fluctuating like a damn rollercoaster especially when it comes to matters of the heart. I wish I could stop overthinking especially when I have work the following morning, but I can’t help it. It is probably a hormone thing and that again bounces back to my medical condition but still ugh! I do not like this overthinking and hot/cold attitude it’s really frustrating. My friends have been great ears for me to vent to.
Weight is still at a steady pace, it isn’t going up but it isn’t going down either, I think it’s because I welcomed carbs back into my life even though they are low GI, that and I haven’t been exercising for 30mins every day as I used to when I first started this whole change back in January, I really should do that again, it probably will help massively with my worrying emotions.
Sharing my five likes, I realised I only shared four last time, whoops;
- Infinity War is in 12 days! Going to watch it in fancy gold class with Mei
- I got book titles for my Seven Realms trilogy! After bringing down the ‘To be reviewed’ reservatons count to 0 this past Friday, I had ideas of what each book is going to be called. I checked with my second bestie Katie on what she thought of them, she loved them but I think my girls are just biased 😛
- My cousin’s 40th this past weekend, though the bar itself was full of Asians and they played two djs at each other end of the venue that you couldn’t decide where to dance, it was a fun night and Ate Gayle’s friends are great to chat to.
- My five year tenure with my hotel is coming up and I have a gala to attend to in relation to it at the end of this month, but I’m going to be featured in some random, film thing where I have to answer questions of my fond memories, who inspires me etc. That is this Thursday
- Hawaii is in 25 days! That place is so relaxed and positive vibes, perfect to rejuvenate from any busy life. Beach by day, shopping at night though I told myself I have to cut back on the shopping if I’m looking towards London next year (plane tickets are so expensive..)
Work has been very busy since I have returned from my 2 weeks off, we were told that April would mellow out after the long weekend, aha no… still crazy busy and the past two days I have been leaving later than usual. Also because I’m leaving later it means that I’m coming home at 7pm and it is already night, feels so surreal coming home and its dark.
The Easter long weekend was a nice break for me and I spent most of it outdoors with my bestie Mei at night though I did spend a great deal of it also indoors on my laptop- not logged into the virtual worlds however. The writers block I had seemed to have broken away and I’m back to writing Act I for my fantasy trilogy (more of that in my positive thoughts below).
After my epiphany of staying away from toxic internet life I have felt better and more happy, if that is even possible. Though I look back on the memories I made with international friends fondly, the drama that came from meta roleplayers and egos because they had nothing else going for them I am so happy to wash my hands of.
Sharing my five likes, I realised I only shared four last time, whoops;
- Ready Player One and Peter Rabbit, the Easter long weekend resulted in not only resulted in nice sleep-ins but also movie nights with the bestie. The two movies were both great in their own way. Though Rp1 was different to its book version it was very entertaining with lots of geeky easter eggs. Peter Rabbit I grew up with as a child so seeing this digital rendition of the beloved character, it was a cute Easter movie.
- My Seven realms trilogy, I finally came out and shared my drawn map to my friends and family on Facebook and told everyone how I’m writing a fantasy novel. It has been going well, I wrote a lot over my easter break
- Kitten D’amour dress up! One of the perks in being a VIP for the vintage boutique store, I can play dress up and pose for photos, its a major confident boost in myself
- I am two kilos away from the weight that I was in 2013, I can’t believe how much my lifestyle has turned around since the start of 2018!
- Miraculous and Shadowhunters are back on my Netflix with their new seasons, soo happy to binge my favourite shows again!
I have returned to the daily grind at my beautiful hotel in the city and I can happily boast that my team needed me desperately though I was only absent for two weeks. It is so good to see everyone again, though I enjoyed the time my boyfriend was here and got to show him a lot of my city, being back in the office and talking with my colleagues and doing our usual antics, I missed them all!
A lot has happened in the past week and a lot has been occurring this current weekend too, they will be featured in my positive thoughts for the weekend. Since Brad has left, I have been thinking over my trip for next year and when to go. Obviously it will be my turn to go to England and finally meet his parents and all his friends but I’m unsure on what time to go. My mum and bestie thinks I should go in their winter to see if I can survive it or not.
There is also talks of who would move where, my dad has already expressed that I am not going anywhere but in the end, this decision will be up to me and where I want to go in the next two years.
Sharing my five likes for this week;
- Black Panther with bestie Mei last weekend, it is such an amazing movie and I downloaded two songs from the soundtrack
- I have lost 6 kilograms since I started that life changing diet, friends and family are noticing the difference
- I bought The Last Jedi novel when Brad was over here, my shipper heart for Kylo and Rey made me so happy in reading the book. Jason Fry brought the movie to life even more
- Bruno Mars tonight with my Filo cousins and sister, from what I heard from friends who already been, he is an entertainer and keeps the crowd going.
- Brad and I shared rolled ice-cream the night before he flew home, it was in a cute pop store in my favourite shopping mall in the city. Oreos of course and so yummy.
I have not posted anything new in two weeks, I’m so sorry to those who truly decide to read my ramblings on my blog. I have been occupied whether in reading, writing my own stories or socialising beyond the laptop. I have also been working and exercising up a storm since I last posted about my newly diagnosed medical condition.
My birthday month of February has been blasting its way through and though it may feel like a whirlwind at times, I am still finding daily positive thoughts and fun experiences that are stored in the deep recess of my mind.
Also for the past two weeks I have been battling some combination of a cold and excessive cough. The doctors don’t know what it is, I have been giving antibiotics and now a ventolin to remedy the dry cough but the problem is, if I talk too much or I do my exercise it leaves me with a tight throat and coughing for air. Now everyone knows with my job, I have to be on the phone from 9am to 5pm because I’m in Reservations but this cough is preventing me from doing my job efficiently.
It is frustrating beyond belief and I wish it would end already or the doctor I goes to can confirm what it is than just guessing and giving me short term solutions.
Sharing my five likes over the course of the two weeks;
- A court of thorns and roses by Sarah Maas, the trilogy is addictive as hell! I went through Book 1 and 2 within 3 days and only stopped myself from continuing with the third book because I found myself not doing anything else other than reading
- I am now 80 kilos after starting with 86, 4 weeks ago 😀
- Went to one of my high school girlfriend’s engagement party last weekend, another one is tying the knot!
- 3 days until Brad is here on the same day of my 30th birthday party
- Kitten D’amour’s VIP party last night, I did not buy anything but it was fun to socialise with the other VIP ladies
Another year has finished its orbit around the sun and making its way for a fruitful 2018 (I hope and am very optimistic) I figured with this being my final 2017 diary entry, I will share my highlights of the years in the format of my five likes as well as the resolutions that I have laid out for myself and hoping I have enough motivation to follow through with some of them. I have been blessed with 2017, it started off slow and mundane but as the months passed it snowballed into something truly amazing that has me looking forward and anticipating on what is to come.
This year’s highlights that I can easily put on the top of my list of memories;
- Europe trip! Meeting my boyfriend Brad for the first time especially who is also going to be coming here end of February for 2 weeks and meeting my sister and the rest of the family
- Landing the reservation job at Sofitel, I moved up to a five star luxury brand and 3 weeks in and I’m still loving it!
- Year of fantastic film and tv series- Shadowhunters season 2, Miraculous, Stranger Things 1 and 2, Wonder Woman, Thor: Ragnarok, The Last Jedi just to name a couple of my favourites
- Canberra run in April with mum and Blackmore bridge run in September, who would have thought I’d do walks/runs for charity while enjoying it too
- My flickr of Second Life photos capped 1,000 followers earlier this year
I’ve had many memories and fun times that is why I share a weekly recap including positve thoughts of the week that keep the experiences alive and I can look back on them fondly. Now with a new year approaching, I had to list realistic resolutions for myself. Not exactly five though.
- Lose weight! I have jumped up to a size 16, that is scary! Considering I used to be a 12 years ago, my boyfriend is also losing weight for my sister’s wedding in March so I gotta drop the kilos, a couple at least by then
- Save money– Since Europe I have been idly saving up my money and mostly spending. Mum has been offering to do a budget for me, I might need to think that one over if I wish to continue travelling.
- Lessen the chocolate, it’s amazing that I am not diabetic considering the amount of sugar I eat daily. That needs to go too
- Continue being my happy self– it is because I am true to myself and everyone around me whether friends, family or work that I am my best self and it helps others who are feeling not so positive.
Four resolutions, that’s achievable right? Well this is me signing off for the year. See you all in my next post in 2018!
It is stinking hot! I mean I should expect this from an Australian summer but literally soon as December 1st arrived, the season decided “oh yes, it’s no longer Spring let’s crank up the degrees past 35 celsius!” My family and I have been going to bed with the air-conditioner turned on until 2am when it’s finally cooled down. Meanwhile my boyfriend is dealing with a heap of snow and minus temperatures up in London (lucky)
I apologise for the six day gap since my last post that I shared in relation to my photos on Second Life, my weekends haven’t been like my usual days of being at home and writing/blogging or short outings to the shops. My social life has been making a massive turn and I been going out for dinners for long periods of time. Not that I mind this change, I’m enjoying that I can get back in touch with a lot of old friends and my family especially.
The past two week’s five likes;
- The Last Jedi!!! Saw it last night on my own in my local cinema, glad I had no one next to me I was squealing quietly…a lot and so much plot twists but it was AWESOMEEE!
- Reservation Christmas Dinner last Friday, soo I didn’t realise Long island iced tea was so delicious especially when it’s given complimentary and in a punch bowl! Plus lots of laughs with my new team 😀
- Christmas dinner with the high school girls, I got heckled over information about the boyfriend and my new job. Jamie’s Italian restaurant is delicious especially their gelato. Brought back nostalgic feelings of Italy.
- I love my new job! Reservations in a French luxury hotel suits me to a tee 😛
- Doughnut Time’s ‘Slim shady’ which is basically a glazed donut dotted in mini M&M’s, that sweet is a weakness of mine! Especially with Thursday night shopping in the city.
Overall it has been a good past two weeks and this week is shaping up to be great too, Christmas at the end of the week and I can be there with the family completely without shift work breaking my hours with them.
I am thankful that my weekend has arrived because the first week at my new job has been intense and information overload! I am glad I have a good memory because there is definitely a lot of detail when it comes to being a Reservation agent and I now understand why my old boss suggested I should apply for it. Though there is a lot to understand and its only my first week, I have been having a blast at this new challenge that has been given to me and eagerly accepting it wholeheartedly.
Because I travel into the city every morning on the bus, the need to go into the city isn’t as strong anymore because I’m already there and the energy that comes out of the CBD whether it is early morning with the smell of coffee and corporates going to work or in the early evening with everyone taking transportation home or hitting the local bar or restaurant for drinks, it is always exciting and doesn’t stop. Sydney may not be as bustling as New York City but we still have our own vibe, I am so glad to be working in the city again.
Today I had a decent two hour sleep in from my usual wake-up during the work week and I haven’t done much for this Saturday, tomorrow afternoon is the work Christmas party, I already got my outfit ready (can you tell I’m eager?). Today I visited my old work, returned pair of shoes to my colleague and got myself a headset, its only been four-five years that I been telling myself on the sideline to get myself a microphone that’s not embedded in my laptop.
Excited to know that I will also have Christmas off, which means I’ll have time with my family and I won’t have to work around a schedule where it was limited.
It is tomorrow! I have never been so organised in my life! I have my corporate outfit for the induction day all set including accessories and how to do my hair and make-up, I also got my bags packed complete with new notebook to write down what I need to know, I am re-using my Prada bag that was given to me from my bestie Mei because working in a five star hotel means you gotta up the style and oppulence (in my opinion anyway).
This weekend has been full of fun and today is my rest day before starting the new chapter in my life tomorrow, two of the events that happened this weekend will be listed in the below five likes;
- Honey’s farewell in the city, I haven’t been to a club in so long but it was a lot to go dancing and reunite with her though her new job and mine are in the same area! We can still do catch ups
- Six days off have been a nice mini break between jobs, gave me time to prepare and relax
- My sister’s bridal shower in the form of a kitchen tea yesterday afternoon, wind and rain did not stop us ladies from all having a good time, but OMG so much leftovers!
- Boyfriend has booked his flight to come here next year! I am so ready ❤
- Infinity war trailer!! That looks so badass, can’t wait for it come out next year in May 😀
Overall it has been a fun week and though I have been severely delayed in sharing this diary entry, usually its every Monday (whoops) I am optimistic on this final month of 2017 and 2018 is already looking so bright for me.
I am in the last week at Novotel! It’s so weird that it has finally arrived, my countdown calendar no longer has twenty days on it, it has 5 days to go! Oh gosh and so much is happening all at once though I’m barely working this week, I have two days of morning then days off then another two days of morning. It is all happening so fast, I have already arranged my annual leave for next year including around the time of my sister’s wedding and when the boyfriend visits 😀
I’m grateful that I’m also given some time off in between the jobs, six days to be exact so I can find temporary corporate clothes to wear until the uniforms are ready and I won’t have to worry what to wear in the morning before I take the bus into the city. Posting the following five likes for this week;
- Mum is back from New Zealand! We picked her up from the airport this evening
- Justice League this past weekend was amazing! I don’t care what the masses say, Mei and I loved it!
- Writing up a storm still, so glad my imagination at its peak has returned
- Supre has upped their game when it comes to clothes, their Ice-cream Kween line is soo cute
- Used my Kitten d’amour voucher, got a cute necklace from their Vintage Rose line