I am thankful that my weekend has arrived because the first week at my new job has been intense and information overload! I am glad I have a good memory because there is definitely a lot of detail when it comes to being a Reservation agent and I now understand why my old boss suggested I should apply for it. Though there is a lot to understand and its only my first week, I have been having a blast at this new challenge that has been given to me and eagerly accepting it wholeheartedly.
Because I travel into the city every morning on the bus, the need to go into the city isn’t as strong anymore because I’m already there and the energy that comes out of the CBD whether it is early morning with the smell of coffee and corporates going to work or in the early evening with everyone taking transportation home or hitting the local bar or restaurant for drinks, it is always exciting and doesn’t stop. Sydney may not be as bustling as New York City but we still have our own vibe, I am so glad to be working in the city again.
Today I had a decent two hour sleep in from my usual wake-up during the work week and I haven’t done much for this Saturday, tomorrow afternoon is the work Christmas party, I already got my outfit ready (can you tell I’m eager?). Today I visited my old work, returned pair of shoes to my colleague and got myself a headset, its only been four-five years that I been telling myself on the sideline to get myself a microphone that’s not embedded in my laptop.
Excited to know that I will also have Christmas off, which means I’ll have time with my family and I won’t have to work around a schedule where it was limited.
It is tomorrow! I have never been so organised in my life! I have my corporate outfit for the induction day all set including accessories and how to do my hair and make-up, I also got my bags packed complete with new notebook to write down what I need to know, I am re-using my Prada bag that was given to me from my bestie Mei because working in a five star hotel means you gotta up the style and oppulence (in my opinion anyway).
This weekend has been full of fun and today is my rest day before starting the new chapter in my life tomorrow, two of the events that happened this weekend will be listed in the below five likes;
- Honey’s farewell in the city, I haven’t been to a club in so long but it was a lot to go dancing and reunite with her though her new job and mine are in the same area! We can still do catch ups
- Six days off have been a nice mini break between jobs, gave me time to prepare and relax
- My sister’s bridal shower in the form of a kitchen tea yesterday afternoon, wind and rain did not stop us ladies from all having a good time, but OMG so much leftovers!
- Boyfriend has booked his flight to come here next year! I am so ready ❤
- Infinity war trailer!! That looks so badass, can’t wait for it come out next year in May 😀
Overall it has been a fun week and though I have been severely delayed in sharing this diary entry, usually its every Monday (whoops) I am optimistic on this final month of 2017 and 2018 is already looking so bright for me.
I am in the last week at Novotel! It’s so weird that it has finally arrived, my countdown calendar no longer has twenty days on it, it has 5 days to go! Oh gosh and so much is happening all at once though I’m barely working this week, I have two days of morning then days off then another two days of morning. It is all happening so fast, I have already arranged my annual leave for next year including around the time of my sister’s wedding and when the boyfriend visits 😀
I’m grateful that I’m also given some time off in between the jobs, six days to be exact so I can find temporary corporate clothes to wear until the uniforms are ready and I won’t have to worry what to wear in the morning before I take the bus into the city. Posting the following five likes for this week;
- Mum is back from New Zealand! We picked her up from the airport this evening
- Justice League this past weekend was amazing! I don’t care what the masses say, Mei and I loved it!
- Writing up a storm still, so glad my imagination at its peak has returned
- Supre has upped their game when it comes to clothes, their Ice-cream Kween line is soo cute
- Used my Kitten d’amour voucher, got a cute necklace from their Vintage Rose line
I am counting down to a couple of things this month actually, its all positive and its all so exciting. First up I only have nineteen days to go at my current job as a guest service agent before I will be moving into the new, five star hotel in the city. It is located in the same area where I got into the hotel industry, seven years ago so I cannot wait! There are also a couple of other things that are happening but they will be listed in my weekly five likes.
The only thing that I can be sad about this week is the fact I had a day off on Melbourne cup day, my mum doesn’t like it because of her love for horses and conscience to animals but I am upset because at work, we do a big event every year that hosts over 250 people who book with our events department, have lunch and bet on the winning horse. It also means that Front desk can dress up in fancy wear and fascinators for the day, basically no uniform. I was working AM shift last year when we had the event and I got to wear one of my vintage dresses from Kitten D’amour.
Sadly this year’s Melbourne cup fell upon one of my days off, but even though I could not be dressed up for it, I still had positives for my weekend. The five likes for this week are;
- Booked Justice League to watch with Mei in two weeks, can’t wait!
- My grandma on my dad’s side has returned to Australia from the Philippines! I got to see her today 😀 She remembered me despite being 93 years old
- Men in Black trilogy marathon on Netflix, yes I am listing this as a positive thought because it brings back warm nostalgia of the 90s
- Double choc chip cookies from my local supermarket
- Boyfriend is booking his flight to Australia for next year in two weeks!
I am so tired! I have been on three weeks on PM shift the past month and this week I have been working all morning shifts, the 7am to 3pm and I am ready for a sleep-in, well in particular my days off coming up the next two days. Work has been uneventful as per the norm though we do have a new casual guest service agent who has been working the night shifts and is eager to learn, which is awesome!
I was going to wait to see what Strawberry Singh would be releasing for her Monday Second Life challenge tomorrow but I noticed I’m already three days behind my usual blog posting, so I will do a challenge another time. The five following positive thoughts for this week;
- Movie night with Mei last night! We watched the latest Thor film, it was funny but kept with the storyline and in true Marvel fashion had two end of credit scenes. My love for Loki has been reborn, soo good to see him again on the big screen
- Ichiban Boshi: It’s the restaurant we had dinner at last night, it used to be our regular haunt situated right next to our favourite book store that is Kinokuniya but we switched to Regent Place and haven’t returned until recently.
- I been creating a storm of outfits on Polyvore, like I said in my previous Second Life picture post it has been less fashion tiles for pixel land and more using real life products
- Miraculous has premiered its Season 2 in Europe! I been watching it through Youtube since it won’t hit my Netflix until December
- Mango smoothies and small donut balls, I did not know were such a good combo!
Today’s post might be a little bit lengthier than usual because I am including Strawberry Singh‘s challenge that she just posted today, she used to do them on a weekly occurance but reality can get quite busy as you and I all know. Anyway this week has been a blur, I been working all PM shifts, only four nights and been full speed into my fantasy series, I have notes for all 3 books now and I think I will keep it to a trilogy even though they all got heaps of content.
I have also decided that I will professionally bind them so they can be read like a book and passed around to anyone in my family or friends can read it (that’s if they enjoy the fantasy genre of course). I’ll be sharing my five positive thoughts before doing the challenge.
- Miraculous has a premiere date for Season 2! October 26th!! Shadowhunters has a date for Season 3, April 3 (It’s far away but still yay, also the new footage looks amazing)
- Spent the entire weekend with my boyfriend on SL ❤
- Ka.lu.el got to have a catch up on IMVU, Elie has been busy moving in reality so it was great to see her again
- I am 84 pages into Book 1 of my Seven realms series, been discussing with best friend Mei and told her character deaths…she isn’t happy with me again ^^;
- No big problems at work this past week, to have a relaxed but productive day at work is a blessing 😛
Now giving you a couple of my Second Life facts, Strawberry has written seven so I shall try and give you 7 too
- My Second Life fact #1: I am a horrible shopaholic, I was worse before the Europe trip but I love to dress up my pixels and I spent my real life work money to buy lindens..
- My Second Life fact #2: I can’t stand Alpha men and spoiled baby girls, I know two dear friends who are in that lifestyle in reality and they have explained Babygirls are not want the thots are in-world at all! Alphas also are insecure, little dick men who also fall under the category of your generic pup (fuck boy)
- My Second Life fact #3: I’m usually parked in my cottage, it is my rosy bubble and my safe place, quite often the people around the grid make me roll my eyes at their stupidity
- My Second Life fact #4: I love to take photos, which is why I have that Flickr account and always sharing pictures on my blog
- My Second Life fact #5: Anything pink, cutesy, magical or cat related I will buy it almost immediately whether in-world store, event or gacha form. It will be mine!!
- My Second Life fact #6: I met the love of my life online, three years ago. On 13th October 2014 to be precise 😛 And then we met in reality in September of this year 😀
- My Second Life fact #7: I have been growing meh about Second Life lately, with my novel writing and socialising more on my pixel network that is IMVU, I probably log on maybe 3-4 days a week and spend less than 3hrs on it, unless of course there is a new event that is calling my shopaholic side..
I hope this satisfies the challenge and yay to Strawberry Singh for bringing them back again, they are so much fun to do!
I do five likes every week because with all the negativity in the world and people who threaten to pop your rosy bubble of happiness, finding joy in the little things has been a recommended idea by many of people, socialites, friendship circles and psychologists alike. It is no way meant to be means to boast about great your life is but more finding the better things that make you smile and push through a week until you are fresh for the next.
This week has been uneventful at work, we have a group of nuns staying with us at the moment so our hotel is feeling incredibly holy and full of energy because of their presence, they aren’t your typical nuns either (enjoy a good game of football while drinking beer or wine). I have had the pleasure of dropping them off in our hotel shuttle bus to and from the destination, I have gotten confidence in driving our vehicle which has been great.
- High Tea at La Florisan with Mei this Monday public holiday, can’t wait!
- Cadbury coated Oreos, they made it an official biscuit down under 😀
- My Beauty and the Beast Enchanted rose bluetooth speaker arrived, its so pretty
- My Gryffindor nightgown from Peter Alexander #Housepride
- Our internet has been bumped to 5g because of the newly installed NBN
We landed at 6:18am two days ago in Sydney International airport after a 13hr flight from Dubai, the trip back home wasn’t too bad despite the high turbulence that occured somewhere south of India and heading towards Western Australia. I had about four hours sleep and unfortunately parents did not sleep at all, they are quite sensitive to movement. Our chauffeur dropped us home and I got bombarded by my sister while she was filming us on her Snap chat app.
Parents slept for majority of the morning but not me, I unpacked, got my hair washed by my hairdressers while relaying the details of my month holiday and left a voice mail to the HR of Sofitel in the city. I really hope she calls me back and we can set up an interview, I really want to change direction into Reservations or back office. My boss had it down pat before she left us, she knew my strengths were technical and I have been facing guests for too long (seven years!)
Rather than give you all my five likes for the week, I’m going to give you the highlights of my holiday and break it down into detail.
- Florence/Firenze– The food, the Hotel Renaissance that we stayed in, the old buildings, there is something about this city that made me fall in love with it while we stayed there for 3 nights
- Sorrento– It was the optional addition to the Pompeii tour because we couldn’t go up to Mt Vesuvius but I did not mind relaxing by the water front with a milkshake after a busy day in the hot sun. It is so picturesque and gave me inspiration for Ame’s chronicles (written down in note form while away)
- Venice– All of it! It was no.2 on my bucket list since I was a kid. Regardless of how much walking we did, I loved seeing St Mark’s Square, drinking a mocktail at the Hard rock cafe, all the Venetian masks and leather bound, handmade journals and our hotel was amazing, my bed was in a seperate room to where the parents slept
- Lake Como– Mum’s old boss Camilla drove us all the way up to this grand lake from Milan for a day trip and we had dinner on the island of Bellagio, it was breathtaking especially at the top of the mountain, we rode a funicular and was given a gorgeous sight.
- Versailles– I love Marie Antoinette! So I had a very happy all day tour in the palace as well as checking out her estate, since I read her biography and watched the movie featuring Kirsten Dunst, I recognised a lot of the locations used, plus I bought Laduree merchandise, so cute macaron keychain and notepads.
- Disneyland Paris– I have now been to three Disneylands! I felt sorry for dad not sure if he enjoyed going there and probably would have preferred staying in the hotel but it was one of my happiest days on this holiday and I luckily didn’t go overboard with my shopping in the Emporium.
- The Cotswolds– A train ride up north and an early start but the personal tour: Secret Cottage with the tour guide Becky taking us to her home and having her daughter feed us morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea while visiting the old villages covered in flora and so much greenery! Considering that my lawn right now, the lands of England is so lush!
- Harry Potter studio tour– Mum and I left dad back in London and got a driver to take us to Leavesden studios where they filmed the Harry Potter studio, this day is up there with Disneyland and I did so much shopping afterwards! Including a pink pygmy puff that makes cute noises when you squeeze it. Any Potter fan should go here!
- Brad weekend– Two and a half days and finally meeting my other half, I wish we had more time together it so wasn’t long enough! I’m hoping he flies down under and we get more time together. We went to Camden Markets, Stratford Westfield and I met his best friend while he was in London- I miss him every day even though we still talk daily.
As the days creep closer and my parents and I are finalising our checklists and our packing, I’m just happy that I am already on annual leave after six days of work last week. Not that it wasn’t stressful, happy to say that my very last shift at work turned out to be quite pleasant with a lot of hugs and well wishing from my colleagues. I’m looking forward to travelling in business class, it is such a long flight to get up to Dubai alone.
Been organising with the boyfriend of what we are going to do together in the second week while in England, I know that the cat cafe is one thing I definitely want to experience even after finding out Sydney has its own cat cafe in the city. Mum has also asked Brad if he would like to join us on a trip down to Portsmouth, she is going there to meet her work friends but the train ride would be nice for my parents to find more about him.
- I pre-ordered the Enchanted rose from Beauty and the Beast, also acts as bluetooth speaker
- Family dinner with my family and my sister’s fiance’s family tonight, lots of laughs and good conversation
- Getting keratin on my hair tomorrow, it means no more frizz!
- Dollhouse DIY videos on Youtube are so relaxing, I have no idea why
- Writing more, socialising in reality more like what I used to do before pixel universes took over
6:30am start today and I’m back to the daily grind after a fabulous weekend either relaxing or out with friends, this is also my last week of work doing 6 days before my annual leave for Europe begins. I am all packed and ready to go, just have my day bag to prep for but otherwise everything else is ready for the month trip. Mum keeps telling me how busy we will be with training around the different countries and I know this won’t be a shopping trip, I’m just overall excited for the experience.
I am also still in fangirl mode over all the goodies being released from San Diego comic-con, that is another bucket list to one day check out the convention and be part of the masses in Hall H. The trailers for Shadowhunters, Avengers 3: Infinity war, Justice League have got me squealing and I can’t believe that Adelaide Kane (Mary from Reign) is going to be in Once upon a time and Tom Welling (Superman from Smallville) is going to be featured in the new season of Lucifer!
- My old assistant manager celebrated her birthday this past Saturday in the city, it was great to catch up
- Kagami event has opened on Second Life, it’s a Japanese horror game brings back nostalgia from 2 years ago
- I pre-ordered Occamy, the bird snake from Fantastic Beasts, a special pop doll from San Diego comic-con
- My dragon story has been moved from my little black book into word document
- Cute covered journals from Typo such as mermaid scales are addictive, I need to stop buying them!
8 days can put a strain on your body and you can imagine how relieved I was when 11pm finally clocked over and I was happily leaving work last Friday for my weekend off! It is also not long now until I am away for a month and in Europe! I keep having dreams of flying business class would be like. Though I have done it before when going to Christchurch with mum, this longer trip will be worth the heavy dollars that my family and I paid.
Also can’t wait to meet my other half in London, if all goes well with him and I after our first official meeting in reality, he said he would fly down under for my sister’s wedding next year in March! Here is hoping everything goes smoothly.
- Catch up dinner with Mei last night, I haven’t seen her in a month!
- Crunchie hot choc, The Choc Pot invented it and its a subtle version of the monster milkshakes. Yum!
- The original Disney Princess voice actresses are making a cameo in Wreck it Ralph 2!!
- I lost another kilo, I just wish my body would stop fluctuating on itself
- Binge watching Z nation on Netflix, that show I admit is better than TWD >.>
I guess four days off can be classified as a mini holiday for most people especially when usually even after 6-7 days of work, you still only get the required two day weekend. For me in the hotel industry, this is quite a luxury and though I haven’t been exactly productive though I have packed majority of clothes needed for Europe and I did cook dinner for the family tonight (they loved it too :D) my days off so far have been very chilled out.
I have one more day off and again it will probably be nothing too crazy however I am getting something done which will be listed below in my weekly likes. Once again delivering my five positive thoughts for the week;
- Re-connecting with one of my girls in the Hen Den past two days has been sweet
- Skype calls with the boyfriend, seeing each other’s cats on camera too
- Dollhouse DIY’s on youtube, I don’t know why but they are so relaxing to watch before bed
- I am getting my hair done ombre tomorrow! I’m adding a mahogany hue to the ends 😀
- My pictures on Flickr are getting popular again
It seems my boss is determined to give my career the boost it desperately needs having gotten me to fill out a transfer form and re-do my survey. I have also applied for two different types of roles, one is reservations, the other is communications like what I used to do at the previous hotel for 9 months and it was a fun 9 months as well, I enjoyed that role. So here is hoping I get into both, though the idea of working in a five star property though daunting sounds amazing!
Tomorrow is Day 3/5 in work and then I have four days off after that, not sure what I’ve got planned probably more organising my closet for Europe, 34 more days and it keeps getting closer! The excited jitters have landed.
My five likes over the course of the past week;
- Vegetable tempura is delicious and addictive!
- Kong: Skull Island wasn’t as bad I expected and the bonus of Tom Hiddleston ❤
- Marie from Aristocats and Regina from Once upon a time pop dolls I got the other day
- Clary and Jace had their kiss in the recent episode of Shadowhunters! MY OTP IS BACK
- Early access to The Crystal Heart Festival on Second Life is a magic girl’s dream come true