I have returned to the daily grind at my beautiful hotel in the city and I can happily boast that my team needed me desperately though I was only absent for two weeks. It is so good to see everyone again, though I enjoyed the time my boyfriend was here and got to show him a lot of my city, being back in the office and talking with my colleagues and doing our usual antics, I missed them all!
A lot has happened in the past week and a lot has been occurring this current weekend too, they will be featured in my positive thoughts for the weekend. Since Brad has left, I have been thinking over my trip for next year and when to go. Obviously it will be my turn to go to England and finally meet his parents and all his friends but I’m unsure on what time to go. My mum and bestie thinks I should go in their winter to see if I can survive it or not.
There is also talks of who would move where, my dad has already expressed that I am not going anywhere but in the end, this decision will be up to me and where I want to go in the next two years.
Sharing my five likes for this week;
- Black Panther with bestie Mei last weekend, it is such an amazing movie and I downloaded two songs from the soundtrack
- I have lost 6 kilograms since I started that life changing diet, friends and family are noticing the difference
- I bought The Last Jedi novel when Brad was over here, my shipper heart for Kylo and Rey made me so happy in reading the book. Jason Fry brought the movie to life even more
- Bruno Mars tonight with my Filo cousins and sister, from what I heard from friends who already been, he is an entertainer and keeps the crowd going.
- Brad and I shared rolled ice-cream the night before he flew home, it was in a cute pop store in my favourite shopping mall in the city. Oreos of course and so yummy.
I have not posted anything new in two weeks, I’m so sorry to those who truly decide to read my ramblings on my blog. I have been occupied whether in reading, writing my own stories or socialising beyond the laptop. I have also been working and exercising up a storm since I last posted about my newly diagnosed medical condition.
My birthday month of February has been blasting its way through and though it may feel like a whirlwind at times, I am still finding daily positive thoughts and fun experiences that are stored in the deep recess of my mind.
Also for the past two weeks I have been battling some combination of a cold and excessive cough. The doctors don’t know what it is, I have been giving antibiotics and now a ventolin to remedy the dry cough but the problem is, if I talk too much or I do my exercise it leaves me with a tight throat and coughing for air. Now everyone knows with my job, I have to be on the phone from 9am to 5pm because I’m in Reservations but this cough is preventing me from doing my job efficiently.
It is frustrating beyond belief and I wish it would end already or the doctor I goes to can confirm what it is than just guessing and giving me short term solutions.
Sharing my five likes over the course of the two weeks;
- A court of thorns and roses by Sarah Maas, the trilogy is addictive as hell! I went through Book 1 and 2 within 3 days and only stopped myself from continuing with the third book because I found myself not doing anything else other than reading
- I am now 80 kilos after starting with 86, 4 weeks ago 😀
- Went to one of my high school girlfriend’s engagement party last weekend, another one is tying the knot!
- 3 days until Brad is here on the same day of my 30th birthday party
- Kitten D’amour’s VIP party last night, I did not buy anything but it was fun to socialise with the other VIP ladies
Another year has finished its orbit around the sun and making its way for a fruitful 2018 (I hope and am very optimistic) I figured with this being my final 2017 diary entry, I will share my highlights of the years in the format of my five likes as well as the resolutions that I have laid out for myself and hoping I have enough motivation to follow through with some of them. I have been blessed with 2017, it started off slow and mundane but as the months passed it snowballed into something truly amazing that has me looking forward and anticipating on what is to come.
This year’s highlights that I can easily put on the top of my list of memories;
- Europe trip! Meeting my boyfriend Brad for the first time especially who is also going to be coming here end of February for 2 weeks and meeting my sister and the rest of the family
- Landing the reservation job at Sofitel, I moved up to a five star luxury brand and 3 weeks in and I’m still loving it!
- Year of fantastic film and tv series- Shadowhunters season 2, Miraculous, Stranger Things 1 and 2, Wonder Woman, Thor: Ragnarok, The Last Jedi just to name a couple of my favourites
- Canberra run in April with mum and Blackmore bridge run in September, who would have thought I’d do walks/runs for charity while enjoying it too
- My flickr of Second Life photos capped 1,000 followers earlier this year
I’ve had many memories and fun times that is why I share a weekly recap including positve thoughts of the week that keep the experiences alive and I can look back on them fondly. Now with a new year approaching, I had to list realistic resolutions for myself. Not exactly five though.
- Lose weight! I have jumped up to a size 16, that is scary! Considering I used to be a 12 years ago, my boyfriend is also losing weight for my sister’s wedding in March so I gotta drop the kilos, a couple at least by then
- Save money– Since Europe I have been idly saving up my money and mostly spending. Mum has been offering to do a budget for me, I might need to think that one over if I wish to continue travelling.
- Lessen the chocolate, it’s amazing that I am not diabetic considering the amount of sugar I eat daily. That needs to go too
- Continue being my happy self– it is because I am true to myself and everyone around me whether friends, family or work that I am my best self and it helps others who are feeling not so positive.
Four resolutions, that’s achievable right? Well this is me signing off for the year. See you all in my next post in 2018!
It is stinking hot! I mean I should expect this from an Australian summer but literally soon as December 1st arrived, the season decided “oh yes, it’s no longer Spring let’s crank up the degrees past 35 celsius!” My family and I have been going to bed with the air-conditioner turned on until 2am when it’s finally cooled down. Meanwhile my boyfriend is dealing with a heap of snow and minus temperatures up in London (lucky)
I apologise for the six day gap since my last post that I shared in relation to my photos on Second Life, my weekends haven’t been like my usual days of being at home and writing/blogging or short outings to the shops. My social life has been making a massive turn and I been going out for dinners for long periods of time. Not that I mind this change, I’m enjoying that I can get back in touch with a lot of old friends and my family especially.
The past two week’s five likes;
- The Last Jedi!!! Saw it last night on my own in my local cinema, glad I had no one next to me I was squealing quietly…a lot and so much plot twists but it was AWESOMEEE!
- Reservation Christmas Dinner last Friday, soo I didn’t realise Long island iced tea was so delicious especially when it’s given complimentary and in a punch bowl! Plus lots of laughs with my new team 😀
- Christmas dinner with the high school girls, I got heckled over information about the boyfriend and my new job. Jamie’s Italian restaurant is delicious especially their gelato. Brought back nostalgic feelings of Italy.
- I love my new job! Reservations in a French luxury hotel suits me to a tee 😛
- Doughnut Time’s ‘Slim shady’ which is basically a glazed donut dotted in mini M&M’s, that sweet is a weakness of mine! Especially with Thursday night shopping in the city.
Overall it has been a good past two weeks and this week is shaping up to be great too, Christmas at the end of the week and I can be there with the family completely without shift work breaking my hours with them.
I am thankful that my weekend has arrived because the first week at my new job has been intense and information overload! I am glad I have a good memory because there is definitely a lot of detail when it comes to being a Reservation agent and I now understand why my old boss suggested I should apply for it. Though there is a lot to understand and its only my first week, I have been having a blast at this new challenge that has been given to me and eagerly accepting it wholeheartedly.
Because I travel into the city every morning on the bus, the need to go into the city isn’t as strong anymore because I’m already there and the energy that comes out of the CBD whether it is early morning with the smell of coffee and corporates going to work or in the early evening with everyone taking transportation home or hitting the local bar or restaurant for drinks, it is always exciting and doesn’t stop. Sydney may not be as bustling as New York City but we still have our own vibe, I am so glad to be working in the city again.
Today I had a decent two hour sleep in from my usual wake-up during the work week and I haven’t done much for this Saturday, tomorrow afternoon is the work Christmas party, I already got my outfit ready (can you tell I’m eager?). Today I visited my old work, returned pair of shoes to my colleague and got myself a headset, its only been four-five years that I been telling myself on the sideline to get myself a microphone that’s not embedded in my laptop.
Excited to know that I will also have Christmas off, which means I’ll have time with my family and I won’t have to work around a schedule where it was limited.
It is tomorrow! I have never been so organised in my life! I have my corporate outfit for the induction day all set including accessories and how to do my hair and make-up, I also got my bags packed complete with new notebook to write down what I need to know, I am re-using my Prada bag that was given to me from my bestie Mei because working in a five star hotel means you gotta up the style and oppulence (in my opinion anyway).
This weekend has been full of fun and today is my rest day before starting the new chapter in my life tomorrow, two of the events that happened this weekend will be listed in the below five likes;
- Honey’s farewell in the city, I haven’t been to a club in so long but it was a lot to go dancing and reunite with her though her new job and mine are in the same area! We can still do catch ups
- Six days off have been a nice mini break between jobs, gave me time to prepare and relax
- My sister’s bridal shower in the form of a kitchen tea yesterday afternoon, wind and rain did not stop us ladies from all having a good time, but OMG so much leftovers!
- Boyfriend has booked his flight to come here next year! I am so ready ❤
- Infinity war trailer!! That looks so badass, can’t wait for it come out next year in May 😀
Overall it has been a fun week and though I have been severely delayed in sharing this diary entry, usually its every Monday (whoops) I am optimistic on this final month of 2017 and 2018 is already looking so bright for me.
I am in the last week at Novotel! It’s so weird that it has finally arrived, my countdown calendar no longer has twenty days on it, it has 5 days to go! Oh gosh and so much is happening all at once though I’m barely working this week, I have two days of morning then days off then another two days of morning. It is all happening so fast, I have already arranged my annual leave for next year including around the time of my sister’s wedding and when the boyfriend visits 😀
I’m grateful that I’m also given some time off in between the jobs, six days to be exact so I can find temporary corporate clothes to wear until the uniforms are ready and I won’t have to worry what to wear in the morning before I take the bus into the city. Posting the following five likes for this week;
- Mum is back from New Zealand! We picked her up from the airport this evening
- Justice League this past weekend was amazing! I don’t care what the masses say, Mei and I loved it!
- Writing up a storm still, so glad my imagination at its peak has returned
- Supre has upped their game when it comes to clothes, their Ice-cream Kween line is soo cute
- Used my Kitten d’amour voucher, got a cute necklace from their Vintage Rose line
I am counting down to a couple of things this month actually, its all positive and its all so exciting. First up I only have nineteen days to go at my current job as a guest service agent before I will be moving into the new, five star hotel in the city. It is located in the same area where I got into the hotel industry, seven years ago so I cannot wait! There are also a couple of other things that are happening but they will be listed in my weekly five likes.
The only thing that I can be sad about this week is the fact I had a day off on Melbourne cup day, my mum doesn’t like it because of her love for horses and conscience to animals but I am upset because at work, we do a big event every year that hosts over 250 people who book with our events department, have lunch and bet on the winning horse. It also means that Front desk can dress up in fancy wear and fascinators for the day, basically no uniform. I was working AM shift last year when we had the event and I got to wear one of my vintage dresses from Kitten D’amour.
Sadly this year’s Melbourne cup fell upon one of my days off, but even though I could not be dressed up for it, I still had positives for my weekend. The five likes for this week are;
- Booked Justice League to watch with Mei in two weeks, can’t wait!
- My grandma on my dad’s side has returned to Australia from the Philippines! I got to see her today 😀 She remembered me despite being 93 years old
- Men in Black trilogy marathon on Netflix, yes I am listing this as a positive thought because it brings back warm nostalgia of the 90s
- Double choc chip cookies from my local supermarket
- Boyfriend is booking his flight to Australia for next year in two weeks!
I am so tired! I have been on three weeks on PM shift the past month and this week I have been working all morning shifts, the 7am to 3pm and I am ready for a sleep-in, well in particular my days off coming up the next two days. Work has been uneventful as per the norm though we do have a new casual guest service agent who has been working the night shifts and is eager to learn, which is awesome!
I was going to wait to see what Strawberry Singh would be releasing for her Monday Second Life challenge tomorrow but I noticed I’m already three days behind my usual blog posting, so I will do a challenge another time. The five following positive thoughts for this week;
- Movie night with Mei last night! We watched the latest Thor film, it was funny but kept with the storyline and in true Marvel fashion had two end of credit scenes. My love for Loki has been reborn, soo good to see him again on the big screen
- Ichiban Boshi: It’s the restaurant we had dinner at last night, it used to be our regular haunt situated right next to our favourite book store that is Kinokuniya but we switched to Regent Place and haven’t returned until recently.
- I been creating a storm of outfits on Polyvore, like I said in my previous Second Life picture post it has been less fashion tiles for pixel land and more using real life products
- Miraculous has premiered its Season 2 in Europe! I been watching it through Youtube since it won’t hit my Netflix until December
- Mango smoothies and small donut balls, I did not know were such a good combo!
Today’s post might be a little bit lengthier than usual because I am including Strawberry Singh‘s challenge that she just posted today, she used to do them on a weekly occurance but reality can get quite busy as you and I all know. Anyway this week has been a blur, I been working all PM shifts, only four nights and been full speed into my fantasy series, I have notes for all 3 books now and I think I will keep it to a trilogy even though they all got heaps of content.
I have also decided that I will professionally bind them so they can be read like a book and passed around to anyone in my family or friends can read it (that’s if they enjoy the fantasy genre of course). I’ll be sharing my five positive thoughts before doing the challenge.
- Miraculous has a premiere date for Season 2! October 26th!! Shadowhunters has a date for Season 3, April 3 (It’s far away but still yay, also the new footage looks amazing)
- Spent the entire weekend with my boyfriend on SL ❤
- Ka.lu.el got to have a catch up on IMVU, Elie has been busy moving in reality so it was great to see her again
- I am 84 pages into Book 1 of my Seven realms series, been discussing with best friend Mei and told her character deaths…she isn’t happy with me again ^^;
- No big problems at work this past week, to have a relaxed but productive day at work is a blessing 😛
Now giving you a couple of my Second Life facts, Strawberry has written seven so I shall try and give you 7 too
- My Second Life fact #1: I am a horrible shopaholic, I was worse before the Europe trip but I love to dress up my pixels and I spent my real life work money to buy lindens..
- My Second Life fact #2: I can’t stand Alpha men and spoiled baby girls, I know two dear friends who are in that lifestyle in reality and they have explained Babygirls are not want the thots are in-world at all! Alphas also are insecure, little dick men who also fall under the category of your generic pup (fuck boy)
- My Second Life fact #3: I’m usually parked in my cottage, it is my rosy bubble and my safe place, quite often the people around the grid make me roll my eyes at their stupidity
- My Second Life fact #4: I love to take photos, which is why I have that Flickr account and always sharing pictures on my blog
- My Second Life fact #5: Anything pink, cutesy, magical or cat related I will buy it almost immediately whether in-world store, event or gacha form. It will be mine!!
- My Second Life fact #6: I met the love of my life online, three years ago. On 13th October 2014 to be precise 😛 And then we met in reality in September of this year 😀
- My Second Life fact #7: I have been growing meh about Second Life lately, with my novel writing and socialising more on my pixel network that is IMVU, I probably log on maybe 3-4 days a week and spend less than 3hrs on it, unless of course there is a new event that is calling my shopaholic side..
I hope this satisfies the challenge and yay to Strawberry Singh for bringing them back again, they are so much fun to do!
I do five likes every week because with all the negativity in the world and people who threaten to pop your rosy bubble of happiness, finding joy in the little things has been a recommended idea by many of people, socialites, friendship circles and psychologists alike. It is no way meant to be means to boast about great your life is but more finding the better things that make you smile and push through a week until you are fresh for the next.
This week has been uneventful at work, we have a group of nuns staying with us at the moment so our hotel is feeling incredibly holy and full of energy because of their presence, they aren’t your typical nuns either (enjoy a good game of football while drinking beer or wine). I have had the pleasure of dropping them off in our hotel shuttle bus to and from the destination, I have gotten confidence in driving our vehicle which has been great.
- High Tea at La Florisan with Mei this Monday public holiday, can’t wait!
- Cadbury coated Oreos, they made it an official biscuit down under 😀
- My Beauty and the Beast Enchanted rose bluetooth speaker arrived, its so pretty
- My Gryffindor nightgown from Peter Alexander #Housepride
- Our internet has been bumped to 5g because of the newly installed NBN
We landed at 6:18am two days ago in Sydney International airport after a 13hr flight from Dubai, the trip back home wasn’t too bad despite the high turbulence that occured somewhere south of India and heading towards Western Australia. I had about four hours sleep and unfortunately parents did not sleep at all, they are quite sensitive to movement. Our chauffeur dropped us home and I got bombarded by my sister while she was filming us on her Snap chat app.
Parents slept for majority of the morning but not me, I unpacked, got my hair washed by my hairdressers while relaying the details of my month holiday and left a voice mail to the HR of Sofitel in the city. I really hope she calls me back and we can set up an interview, I really want to change direction into Reservations or back office. My boss had it down pat before she left us, she knew my strengths were technical and I have been facing guests for too long (seven years!)
Rather than give you all my five likes for the week, I’m going to give you the highlights of my holiday and break it down into detail.
- Florence/Firenze– The food, the Hotel Renaissance that we stayed in, the old buildings, there is something about this city that made me fall in love with it while we stayed there for 3 nights
- Sorrento– It was the optional addition to the Pompeii tour because we couldn’t go up to Mt Vesuvius but I did not mind relaxing by the water front with a milkshake after a busy day in the hot sun. It is so picturesque and gave me inspiration for Ame’s chronicles (written down in note form while away)
- Venice– All of it! It was no.2 on my bucket list since I was a kid. Regardless of how much walking we did, I loved seeing St Mark’s Square, drinking a mocktail at the Hard rock cafe, all the Venetian masks and leather bound, handmade journals and our hotel was amazing, my bed was in a seperate room to where the parents slept
- Lake Como– Mum’s old boss Camilla drove us all the way up to this grand lake from Milan for a day trip and we had dinner on the island of Bellagio, it was breathtaking especially at the top of the mountain, we rode a funicular and was given a gorgeous sight.
- Versailles– I love Marie Antoinette! So I had a very happy all day tour in the palace as well as checking out her estate, since I read her biography and watched the movie featuring Kirsten Dunst, I recognised a lot of the locations used, plus I bought Laduree merchandise, so cute macaron keychain and notepads.
- Disneyland Paris– I have now been to three Disneylands! I felt sorry for dad not sure if he enjoyed going there and probably would have preferred staying in the hotel but it was one of my happiest days on this holiday and I luckily didn’t go overboard with my shopping in the Emporium.
- The Cotswolds– A train ride up north and an early start but the personal tour: Secret Cottage with the tour guide Becky taking us to her home and having her daughter feed us morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea while visiting the old villages covered in flora and so much greenery! Considering that my lawn right now, the lands of England is so lush!
- Harry Potter studio tour– Mum and I left dad back in London and got a driver to take us to Leavesden studios where they filmed the Harry Potter studio, this day is up there with Disneyland and I did so much shopping afterwards! Including a pink pygmy puff that makes cute noises when you squeeze it. Any Potter fan should go here!
- Brad weekend– Two and a half days and finally meeting my other half, I wish we had more time together it so wasn’t long enough! I’m hoping he flies down under and we get more time together. We went to Camden Markets, Stratford Westfield and I met his best friend while he was in London- I miss him every day even though we still talk daily.
As the days creep closer and my parents and I are finalising our checklists and our packing, I’m just happy that I am already on annual leave after six days of work last week. Not that it wasn’t stressful, happy to say that my very last shift at work turned out to be quite pleasant with a lot of hugs and well wishing from my colleagues. I’m looking forward to travelling in business class, it is such a long flight to get up to Dubai alone.
Been organising with the boyfriend of what we are going to do together in the second week while in England, I know that the cat cafe is one thing I definitely want to experience even after finding out Sydney has its own cat cafe in the city. Mum has also asked Brad if he would like to join us on a trip down to Portsmouth, she is going there to meet her work friends but the train ride would be nice for my parents to find more about him.
- I pre-ordered the Enchanted rose from Beauty and the Beast, also acts as bluetooth speaker
- Family dinner with my family and my sister’s fiance’s family tonight, lots of laughs and good conversation
- Getting keratin on my hair tomorrow, it means no more frizz!
- Dollhouse DIY videos on Youtube are so relaxing, I have no idea why
- Writing more, socialising in reality more like what I used to do before pixel universes took over
6:30am start today and I’m back to the daily grind after a fabulous weekend either relaxing or out with friends, this is also my last week of work doing 6 days before my annual leave for Europe begins. I am all packed and ready to go, just have my day bag to prep for but otherwise everything else is ready for the month trip. Mum keeps telling me how busy we will be with training around the different countries and I know this won’t be a shopping trip, I’m just overall excited for the experience.
I am also still in fangirl mode over all the goodies being released from San Diego comic-con, that is another bucket list to one day check out the convention and be part of the masses in Hall H. The trailers for Shadowhunters, Avengers 3: Infinity war, Justice League have got me squealing and I can’t believe that Adelaide Kane (Mary from Reign) is going to be in Once upon a time and Tom Welling (Superman from Smallville) is going to be featured in the new season of Lucifer!
- My old assistant manager celebrated her birthday this past Saturday in the city, it was great to catch up
- Kagami event has opened on Second Life, it’s a Japanese horror game brings back nostalgia from 2 years ago
- I pre-ordered Occamy, the bird snake from Fantastic Beasts, a special pop doll from San Diego comic-con
- My dragon story has been moved from my little black book into word document
- Cute covered journals from Typo such as mermaid scales are addictive, I need to stop buying them!