After last weekend’s non stop action, this week has been fairly slow, the past week was all PM shifts and training the new GSA, she been nailing the checklist so I had confidence that she would be fine to work on her own when I went on my days off. Weekend was exciting and did a lot of socialising with my friendship group from high school.
Now I’m halfway through my AM shifts in this new week and so far it’s been quiet because of this Easter long weekend, I don’t mind it has been nice to catch up on projects that had to be put on hold because of my teaching or busy days where we are 100% and full of corporate guests.
My five likes for this week;
- Mei’s 30th birthday dinner, got to catch up with the high school girlies
- Fate of the Furious (F8) was friggin awesome especially in gold class
- Shadowhunters is renewed for Season 3…according to SpoilerTV
- Bucket of M&M speckled eggs from my younger sister for Easter
- Quiet weekend at work, everyone still on holidays!
I powered through the 8 days of AM shifts the past week and managed to get the new guest service agent onto doing the morning checklist and doing check outs, I had a proud mum moment on the last day before I had to get home for the drive to Canberra with mum. The ravioli in the tea room last night in the Hyatt was delicious, light but full of carbs which according to my mum is what you need to have before a big walk/run.
Woke up this morning at 5:15am, room service breakfast got delivered of wholemeal toast and either poached or scrambled eggs, boyfriend was jealous from the photo. The start line for the running festival was across the road from the hotel so we were quite fortunate and walked there. Mum got a personal best with going under 90mins, she beat her own score that we did at the Blackmore run last year and that was 9km!
I think my five likes are just from the last day of work and this weekend to be honest;
- Though I did not get under 90 I did get under 100mins and finished it, got a medal
- Managed to sleep very well last night in the hotel’s bed
- Chicken caesar wrap with wedges for lunch in Goulburn today- nuff said
- Going out again with Mei tonight even though my leg muscles are a wee bit sore
- My pictures on Flickr have surpassed 30 favs now 😀
Normally this post between gifs and fashion tiles is a continuating of Ame Hayato’s Chronicles or a diary that includes my weekly 5 likes but tonight I would simply like to express my concern and sympathy for my friends in the United States. My family from the Philippines living there, my Transgender bestie, my Afro-American roleplaying girl friend and my fellow SL fashion blogging Latina. I and the rest of the world are just as scared and behind you, it will be better!
Like your current President said in one of his final speeches “The sun will rise tomorrow” and it will continue to do so for the next four years, even with a Republican president, Senate and Congress you are a sturdy people and will persevere. If it feels like it is going down the drain I have a spare room at my house here down under that you are welcome to live in 😛 ❤
I guess with only a month until my family and I fly out to glorious Hawaii and its warmth and sun I have to deal with doing long shift weeks at work. My boss has rostered me on 7 days this week then 6 after my next days off then another 7 after that. I’m not sure what the deal is though one of my assistant managers explained it’s because she is on annual leave and the casual guest service agent who can normally cover me will be acting as assistant manager too. Great..
Out of all the incompetenance with fellow colleagues at work, mum being away in Malaysia for work, worrying about who will look after dad since Ange is always out with her boyfriend I still managed to find 5 likes for this new week.
- Cabanossi bites by Primo dipped in minced garlic- yum!
- Pixel cuddles with my boyfriend after work
- Kitten D’amour’s Riviera collection, I raved about it last diary post
- Smell of rain on plants
- Periods of warm days just before I go to work in the PM shift
Tomorrow will be Day 5/7 for this week and got something to look forward to on my days off, I already planned with Mei of a catch up yet again and story talking on this Friday night so can’t wait 😀