I love having three days off, it feels like a long weekend and it means I can go out today to the shops or just go for a drive and there is no traffic and it’s nice and quiet in the shopping centre. Though it also means I will have to work this Saturday on my own (though I can’t now because I have my grandma’s 95th birthday lunch, I was under the impression it was a night time party as usual).
Didn’t do much surprisingly other than cooking dinner, helping my bestie Katie update her Second Life look, read over my previous stories that I haven’t looked at since March this year, Netflix and chill, walks under the warm sun. Even though my long weekend isn’t action packed, I don’t mind days where I can just have a breather especially with work being so busy with just three on the phone.
The new girls are picking up speed though in their training and we finally got one of them who has been with us for a month and a half on the phones. She is unsure of herself like I was when I first started working in hotels 8 years ago but I assured her with time, she will get the knack of it. With any skill it just takes practice.
Feels for this week have been happy, fluffy, supportive, passionate and all very optimistic, I am once again grateful that despite a tiring work week, the weekend makes up for it in decent doses of happiness.
Sharing my five positive likes for this past week and long weekend;
- Teen Choice Awards; Despite Constantin Films confirming that Shadowhunters is finished, my beloved show won best scifi series and actor! And that is piping hot tea to all those who cancelled it! BTS also won best international artist and Miraculous won best animated show. My fangirl heart is alive today.
- I have a serious weakness for Faerie fictional men, I mean Rhysand owns my soul from ‘A court of mists and fury’ and now I bought a new book called The Cruel Prince, the second main character Prince Cardan Greenbriar…lord! He is like a younger Rhys
- Spent this entire weekend with the boofhead inworld, happy mood on :3
- Devilled sausages on Saturday night, I haven’t had it in years (feels like it) so yum
- Bought from Pandora on Saturday arvo, their Shine honeycomb lace ring…been eyeing it for weeks now
Bonjour from the confines of my office! I am working today and while originally I felt overwhelmed especially seeing over one hundred emails and one thousand to be reviewed reservations, over the past three hours I have managed to cull both down at a decent amount. So once again I can be happy to say it is all quite manageable and I’m taking each task one step at a time while listening to my playlist of favourite, motivating tunes.
This past week I have also been back to working 9am-5pm and I will say that I miss the 8am wake-ups compared to waking up nowadays at 6am, it is freezing in the early morning! It is going to be worse next week with the 7am starts because I will have to wake up at 4:30am! Eww!
My social life outside work has been ok, I haven’t been logging on Second Life or gaming as much as I thought I would except at the beginning of the week. I have been multi tasking again, blame my ADHD, between reading book 1 of my fantasy trilogy, watching soaps being made and watching the new season of one of my favourite shows, I have been still keeping my brain distracted.
Been having nostalgic feels over my ten years being on IMVU this week, not sure why it’s been popping up in my head lately but another one of those mysteries of my buzzing memories. I also had an intense conversation with the ex, mutual understanding is forming but the trickles of frustration is present which I’m not sure he knows cause he reads this blog (I see you!) but other than that, nothing bad has happened this week that I can complain about.
I like to be a believer in good luck and karma and this week I been wearing my golden horse shoe necklace which has been classified as a known good luck charm, maybe that is it, or someone up there has been taking care of me.
My five likes for this week, it has been a good week despite work being crazy busy (limited staff);
- Fall out! The plot is depressing and I suck at 360 degree controls but my bestie Katie is a great teacher- so patient with me
- I got a favourite from the actor Luke Baines on my twitter! He will be playing the reborn Jonathan Morgenstern on Shadowhunters, we still have yet to save the show
- Bought the Clow book from Cardcaptor Sakura last night in it’s original Japanese format, one more artefact to become a true magic girl
- My hotel won ‘Best luxury hotel in NSW’ I am so proud to be a Sofitel girl
- Reunion with Mei tonight after work! We haven’t seen each other in two weeks and I’m having withdrawals of her company
And I could continue the lyrics of “Breaking Free” from High School Musical but I won’t, but I just have another week where I can’t complain at all in what is going on in my life. This week has been great with both work wise and personal life. Despite some team members not being around this week, my department has still come out on top in tackling all aspects of our tasks and nailing it every day! Our new trainee is blossoming gracefully and very quick on the pick up…so, so proud to be a Reservation agent.
Friendships always changing but always getting closer with my girls and though I said goodbye to some for the benefit of myself (nobody wants a whiny pup, I’m just saying) I am fortunate for my small circle of friends. Speaking of which, seeing my bestie Mei last Saturday for movie date night was great! And nothing is better than having deep and meaningful discussions with your ‘Nee-chan’ while eating delicious, hot Korean food.
Tonight in the final hour of my shift at work, I drew a larger version of my fictional world Orphios (the planet where my trilogy: Seven Realms is set in case anyone has forgotten) and while browsing the web when I got home of other fantasy maps drawn by creative writers, I realised that the original specs of my first map wasn’t too bad. It wasn’t as small as I thought and my thoughts on my little world has gone back to content.
Side note: Same angles but using different colours/windlighting that I have seen featured on Flickr photostreams needs to go! I don’t want to see your pixel vaj 9 times, be original, be unique! Get some damn creative in your vapid soul! I am seeing an increase of online escorts doing this and it’s up there with my irritations alongside married women dating online, child-like avis in bondage and catfishing boys and girls.
Featuring my five likes of a productive but content week again;
- My real life fashion outfits, family and friends are complimenting me on how ‘on point’ my LOTDs are
- Incredibles 2 last Saturday with Mei was freaking fantastic! I could say it was better than no.1
- I bought a Sailor Moon umbrella from Spreepicky last night, it’s so cute, can’t wait to have it
- The to-be-reviewed reservations are back down to 0 at work and STAYING down!
- Soups on cold days that is all
I love to write stories whether book length or short quips and post them here for you all to read. This is the most obvious statement and when I look at my ten years of being on either IMVU or Second Life, I could happily say my own virtual world could have it’s own memoirs of my time online. I have had my fair share of positive and negative moments whether it was in-character for roleplay or just being me, I have experienced a lot.
Also what is with the case of the exes? Soon as I make a note I am single, they all come flocking back! Except 3 which I’m glad for, but the rest of them? I do not want a boyfriend, this is a new chapter in my life and I wish to focus on me. I want to be at my highest peak of success/career and personal happiness before I even think of dating someone again ohh and while travelling the world to my favourite destinations (Japan, Paris, Disney world…to name a few).
I am still forever grateful to my girls Katie, Lana and Aria for reaching out to me during my times of need and seeking advice, they haven’t been angry or offering vengeance rather they been giving sole advice, hope and ears to listen to my constant, flailing thoughts that are an emotional tumult even now.
Side note: Cutesy girls with child-like faces while totally kinked up needs to go, you don’t see that bs in reality so the whole trend going off on Second Life (not on IMVU thank God!) needs to desist, there is one thing to look “pure” and Lolita inspired but these girls just look like young girls, stop encouraging the pedos to come out of their dank caves!
Featuring my five likes for this very busy week;
- Family fuelled weekend, aunts from New Zealand are here and spent Friday, Saturday and today with mum’s side.
- Red Rooster’s cheesy nuggets, these are a cheeky snack and are so nom during cold days
- My imagination, it’s wide open whether through doing pictures on SL or continuing my Seven realms trilogy.
- No more tension, it’s been sealed off and clearing out the mental vents and because of it, I’m definitely back to my chirpy self again and people are noticing
- Golden State Warriors won the season! And the trophy is back in the bay! #Dubnation
I have returned to the daily grind at my beautiful hotel in the city and I can happily boast that my team needed me desperately though I was only absent for two weeks. It is so good to see everyone again, though I enjoyed the time my boyfriend was here and got to show him a lot of my city, being back in the office and talking with my colleagues and doing our usual antics, I missed them all!
A lot has happened in the past week and a lot has been occurring this current weekend too, they will be featured in my positive thoughts for the weekend. Since Brad has left, I have been thinking over my trip for next year and when to go. Obviously it will be my turn to go to England and finally meet his parents and all his friends but I’m unsure on what time to go. My mum and bestie thinks I should go in their winter to see if I can survive it or not.
There is also talks of who would move where, my dad has already expressed that I am not going anywhere but in the end, this decision will be up to me and where I want to go in the next two years.
Sharing my five likes for this week;
- Black Panther with bestie Mei last weekend, it is such an amazing movie and I downloaded two songs from the soundtrack
- I have lost 6 kilograms since I started that life changing diet, friends and family are noticing the difference
- I bought The Last Jedi novel when Brad was over here, my shipper heart for Kylo and Rey made me so happy in reading the book. Jason Fry brought the movie to life even more
- Bruno Mars tonight with my Filo cousins and sister, from what I heard from friends who already been, he is an entertainer and keeps the crowd going.
- Brad and I shared rolled ice-cream the night before he flew home, it was in a cute pop store in my favourite shopping mall in the city. Oreos of course and so yummy.
As the days creep closer and my parents and I are finalising our checklists and our packing, I’m just happy that I am already on annual leave after six days of work last week. Not that it wasn’t stressful, happy to say that my very last shift at work turned out to be quite pleasant with a lot of hugs and well wishing from my colleagues. I’m looking forward to travelling in business class, it is such a long flight to get up to Dubai alone.
Been organising with the boyfriend of what we are going to do together in the second week while in England, I know that the cat cafe is one thing I definitely want to experience even after finding out Sydney has its own cat cafe in the city. Mum has also asked Brad if he would like to join us on a trip down to Portsmouth, she is going there to meet her work friends but the train ride would be nice for my parents to find more about him.
- I pre-ordered the Enchanted rose from Beauty and the Beast, also acts as bluetooth speaker
- Family dinner with my family and my sister’s fiance’s family tonight, lots of laughs and good conversation
- Getting keratin on my hair tomorrow, it means no more frizz!
- Dollhouse DIY videos on Youtube are so relaxing, I have no idea why
- Writing more, socialising in reality more like what I used to do before pixel universes took over
6:30am start today and I’m back to the daily grind after a fabulous weekend either relaxing or out with friends, this is also my last week of work doing 6 days before my annual leave for Europe begins. I am all packed and ready to go, just have my day bag to prep for but otherwise everything else is ready for the month trip. Mum keeps telling me how busy we will be with training around the different countries and I know this won’t be a shopping trip, I’m just overall excited for the experience.
I am also still in fangirl mode over all the goodies being released from San Diego comic-con, that is another bucket list to one day check out the convention and be part of the masses in Hall H. The trailers for Shadowhunters, Avengers 3: Infinity war, Justice League have got me squealing and I can’t believe that Adelaide Kane (Mary from Reign) is going to be in Once upon a time and Tom Welling (Superman from Smallville) is going to be featured in the new season of Lucifer!
- My old assistant manager celebrated her birthday this past Saturday in the city, it was great to catch up
- Kagami event has opened on Second Life, it’s a Japanese horror game brings back nostalgia from 2 years ago
- I pre-ordered Occamy, the bird snake from Fantastic Beasts, a special pop doll from San Diego comic-con
- My dragon story has been moved from my little black book into word document
- Cute covered journals from Typo such as mermaid scales are addictive, I need to stop buying them!
8 days can put a strain on your body and you can imagine how relieved I was when 11pm finally clocked over and I was happily leaving work last Friday for my weekend off! It is also not long now until I am away for a month and in Europe! I keep having dreams of flying business class would be like. Though I have done it before when going to Christchurch with mum, this longer trip will be worth the heavy dollars that my family and I paid.
Also can’t wait to meet my other half in London, if all goes well with him and I after our first official meeting in reality, he said he would fly down under for my sister’s wedding next year in March! Here is hoping everything goes smoothly.
- Catch up dinner with Mei last night, I haven’t seen her in a month!
- Crunchie hot choc, The Choc Pot invented it and its a subtle version of the monster milkshakes. Yum!
- The original Disney Princess voice actresses are making a cameo in Wreck it Ralph 2!!
- I lost another kilo, I just wish my body would stop fluctuating on itself
- Binge watching Z nation on Netflix, that show I admit is better than TWD >.>
I guess four days off can be classified as a mini holiday for most people especially when usually even after 6-7 days of work, you still only get the required two day weekend. For me in the hotel industry, this is quite a luxury and though I haven’t been exactly productive though I have packed majority of clothes needed for Europe and I did cook dinner for the family tonight (they loved it too :D) my days off so far have been very chilled out.
I have one more day off and again it will probably be nothing too crazy however I am getting something done which will be listed below in my weekly likes. Once again delivering my five positive thoughts for the week;
- Re-connecting with one of my girls in the Hen Den past two days has been sweet
- Skype calls with the boyfriend, seeing each other’s cats on camera too
- Dollhouse DIY’s on youtube, I don’t know why but they are so relaxing to watch before bed
- I am getting my hair done ombre tomorrow! I’m adding a mahogany hue to the ends 😀
- My pictures on Flickr are getting popular again