Like my favourite NBA team the Golden State Warriors who pushed forward into the finals after almost facing elimination during the western conference, I too am facing a positive comeback after having a confused and stressful past week.
Though it hasn’t affected my career, it was noticed by family and friends but after a casual conversation today with my boss, she noted that I am improving in my mannerisms and I am hoping this is a change.
I do not want to feel like this again because being bluntly honest with everyone who is reading this, it is bloody shit! I don’t want to stay angry and confused over someone, because negativity is ruining my normally positive, go lucky self. When I’m upset or pouty, people will notice it and I don’t like that feeling that everyone can see it.
My family and friends have been looking out for me though as well as my boss at work, she has been amazing in the one on one chats and my mum or younger sister are keeping me distracted by taking me out and dad just being his adorable self in offering hope when it seems so dismal at present.
I also started writing again since last night, I had hint a writer’s block because of my relationship status and I been trying to get back into it since I returned from Hawaii. It appears to have returned last night.
Pulling together my five likes for this week;
- Already planning my holidays for next year- South Korea in February with the bestie and Japan in October possibly with my Aunt from New Zealand.
- Drinks tonight with the team, celebrating a birthday and a farewell
- Wreck it Ralph 2, Lego Movie 2 and How to tame your dragon 3 trailers were released this week! Yes cartoon movies give me strength >.>
- Watching Ocean’s 8 in Gold class tomorrow with the mother dearest
- Golden State Warriors are leading the finals 3-0, we only have one more game until we win!
Friends and family who have known me for years know that with all my imagination and skill in writing, I have never been able to finish one of my many stories. It is a personal flaw of mine that I have been tackling since I have taken up the hobby when I was 12 years old.
This is happening again with my trilogy, I am still lacking motivation to continue Book 1 because I keep getting distracted with other things in my life. I know I have a case of adult ADHD, it hasn’t been professionally diagnosed but I know for certain I get so easily distracted by anything, it is obvious on what my condition is.
Because I have stopped continuing Book 1 in my Seven Realms trilogy, I had another story idea based off characters I created through the virtual world IMVU and it is anime-inspired in a high school of trouble makers.
My leading character is the descendant of my first roleplaying character Ame Hayato. I have a total of ten main characters that all interact with each other in some way or the other. I just started writing it two nights ago when I had a creative spike. I haven’t forgotten about my trilogy, it will come to me I’m positive when I find another inspiring moment.
I’m not sure if I’ll be able to post five likes today but I’m sure I can can pull something together;
- Anzac Day this past Wednesday, I had it off and spent it with my family, saw my 95 year old grandma who is doing much better since returning here from Philippines
- Infinity War is tomorrow! I’m so scared considering a lot of friends/fangirls who seen it said they cried non stop. I am a huge crier so I’m bringing a box of tissues.
- Dad’s birthday lunch was last Saturday, it is always great to spend the weekend with family
- Cream’d ice-cream store is in the shopping centre in front of my work, last time I had it was when the boyfriend was visiting from England
- Hogwarts: A mystery, the mobile app game I downloaded it last night and started playing it- it’s rather cute
Since I been writing more of my trilogy (I finally got book titles for each last night!) I have also been changing what I been sharing on my blog, the pictures that I had commissioned on Second Life, I have minimised and I have also deleted my Luci Logs facebook page.
I decided that with all these positive changes that I am making happen in my life to become more reality than virtual, I did not have to rely on likes and favourites from the internet. That I would post things that I would enjoy and not just do it for the sake of gaining more followers, perfect example of that is my Flickr, I stopped posting favourites because I no longer log on Second Life.
Am I sad that I am not getting anymore followers, not at all I had reached my achievement of gaining 1000 and that was a massive highlight for me two years ago. Now with encouragement I’m focusing on my old hobby that I used to love doing in high school- story writing. The Seven realms trilogy is getting a lot of support from my two besties Mei and Katie and I’m thankful that I am not having any recent writers block to keep writing the story on gaining more ideas for book 3, I hadn’t finished the note form for that yet. Whoops!
I got my cousin’s 40th birthday tonight and we are heading into the city, the bar we are going to is Asian ville so at least the family and I will be blending in with the rest of the crowd. I’m just lookin forward to spending a night with my cousins, a girls night out!
Work has been very busy since I have returned from my 2 weeks off, we were told that April would mellow out after the long weekend, aha no… still crazy busy and the past two days I have been leaving later than usual. Also because I’m leaving later it means that I’m coming home at 7pm and it is already night, feels so surreal coming home and its dark.
The Easter long weekend was a nice break for me and I spent most of it outdoors with my bestie Mei at night though I did spend a great deal of it also indoors on my laptop- not logged into the virtual worlds however. The writers block I had seemed to have broken away and I’m back to writing Act I for my fantasy trilogy (more of that in my positive thoughts below).
After my epiphany of staying away from toxic internet life I have felt better and more happy, if that is even possible. Though I look back on the memories I made with international friends fondly, the drama that came from meta roleplayers and egos because they had nothing else going for them I am so happy to wash my hands of.
Sharing my five likes, I realised I only shared four last time, whoops;
- Ready Player One and Peter Rabbit, the Easter long weekend resulted in not only resulted in nice sleep-ins but also movie nights with the bestie. The two movies were both great in their own way. Though Rp1 was different to its book version it was very entertaining with lots of geeky easter eggs. Peter Rabbit I grew up with as a child so seeing this digital rendition of the beloved character, it was a cute Easter movie.
- My Seven realms trilogy, I finally came out and shared my drawn map to my friends and family on Facebook and told everyone how I’m writing a fantasy novel. It has been going well, I wrote a lot over my easter break
- Kitten D’amour dress up! One of the perks in being a VIP for the vintage boutique store, I can play dress up and pose for photos, its a major confident boost in myself
- I am two kilos away from the weight that I was in 2013, I can’t believe how much my lifestyle has turned around since the start of 2018!
- Miraculous and Shadowhunters are back on my Netflix with their new seasons, soo happy to binge my favourite shows again!
I have sealed myself off Second Life for the past two weeks, I made an announcement and discreetly vanished. And truth be told, it feels really good. Finding myself being able to go outside more or find my imagination giving me motivation to continue my many stories has been an amazing feeling and realisation that I prefer reality more than virtual.
Though I have recently been logging onto IMVU, the very first virtual world I joined back in 2008, I am on it to socialise with my group of friends who occassionally log on but are not on it for long hours upon end because we all have busy realities to be part of. This casual dabbling into pixels is better for me than what I used to do and I’m glad I managed to detach myself from an addictive pattern.
Because I have removed myself from worrying what others in Second Life think or stopped caring on how I act and happy to just be the real deal, there is less stress around my life. I am also doing this for the sake of my long distance relationship, he decided to remove himself from the virtual universe too and is feeling much better because of it.
Since I have done this massive change too, I am already feeling the results of a life without toxic personalities.
I have not posted anything new in two weeks, I’m so sorry to those who truly decide to read my ramblings on my blog. I have been occupied whether in reading, writing my own stories or socialising beyond the laptop. I have also been working and exercising up a storm since I last posted about my newly diagnosed medical condition.
My birthday month of February has been blasting its way through and though it may feel like a whirlwind at times, I am still finding daily positive thoughts and fun experiences that are stored in the deep recess of my mind.
Also for the past two weeks I have been battling some combination of a cold and excessive cough. The doctors don’t know what it is, I have been giving antibiotics and now a ventolin to remedy the dry cough but the problem is, if I talk too much or I do my exercise it leaves me with a tight throat and coughing for air. Now everyone knows with my job, I have to be on the phone from 9am to 5pm because I’m in Reservations but this cough is preventing me from doing my job efficiently.
It is frustrating beyond belief and I wish it would end already or the doctor I goes to can confirm what it is than just guessing and giving me short term solutions.
Sharing my five likes over the course of the two weeks;
- A court of thorns and roses by Sarah Maas, the trilogy is addictive as hell! I went through Book 1 and 2 within 3 days and only stopped myself from continuing with the third book because I found myself not doing anything else other than reading
- I am now 80 kilos after starting with 86, 4 weeks ago 😀
- Went to one of my high school girlfriend’s engagement party last weekend, another one is tying the knot!
- 3 days until Brad is here on the same day of my 30th birthday party
- Kitten D’amour’s VIP party last night, I did not buy anything but it was fun to socialise with the other VIP ladies
I am tired because I didn’t get much sleep last night (body decided to wake up at 4am for no apparent reason), I am fangirling because Disney dropped both a new teaser for Avengers: Infinity War and the Han Solo standalone film. I am also annoyed beyond anything else because of the behaviour of my younger sister. Overall I am a mix of emotions tonight but the positive is outweighing the negative thankfully.
My 30th is this upcoming Saturday, not that I can really forget it. My work mates are ensuring I’m still remembering it especially since I share the day with my manager. I can no longer make excuses of being in my twenties anymore, I will be in that thirties age gap and I’m not sure what to think on that. I don’t feel any older except of course when it comes to my health and the dire need to change my lifestyle ASAP.
But I still love the same things I enjoyed when I was 20, the only difference between me being 30 and a decade ago is that I like to believe I have wisened up to what life has thrown at me, I have thrived in difficult circumstances and now prospering into a new chapter that I can happily call mine.
It is stinking hot! I mean I should expect this from an Australian summer but literally soon as December 1st arrived, the season decided “oh yes, it’s no longer Spring let’s crank up the degrees past 35 celsius!” My family and I have been going to bed with the air-conditioner turned on until 2am when it’s finally cooled down. Meanwhile my boyfriend is dealing with a heap of snow and minus temperatures up in London (lucky)
I apologise for the six day gap since my last post that I shared in relation to my photos on Second Life, my weekends haven’t been like my usual days of being at home and writing/blogging or short outings to the shops. My social life has been making a massive turn and I been going out for dinners for long periods of time. Not that I mind this change, I’m enjoying that I can get back in touch with a lot of old friends and my family especially.
The past two week’s five likes;
- The Last Jedi!!! Saw it last night on my own in my local cinema, glad I had no one next to me I was squealing quietly…a lot and so much plot twists but it was AWESOMEEE!
- Reservation Christmas Dinner last Friday, soo I didn’t realise Long island iced tea was so delicious especially when it’s given complimentary and in a punch bowl! Plus lots of laughs with my new team 😀
- Christmas dinner with the high school girls, I got heckled over information about the boyfriend and my new job. Jamie’s Italian restaurant is delicious especially their gelato. Brought back nostalgic feelings of Italy.
- I love my new job! Reservations in a French luxury hotel suits me to a tee 😛
- Doughnut Time’s ‘Slim shady’ which is basically a glazed donut dotted in mini M&M’s, that sweet is a weakness of mine! Especially with Thursday night shopping in the city.
Overall it has been a good past two weeks and this week is shaping up to be great too, Christmas at the end of the week and I can be there with the family completely without shift work breaking my hours with them.
I am thankful that my weekend has arrived because the first week at my new job has been intense and information overload! I am glad I have a good memory because there is definitely a lot of detail when it comes to being a Reservation agent and I now understand why my old boss suggested I should apply for it. Though there is a lot to understand and its only my first week, I have been having a blast at this new challenge that has been given to me and eagerly accepting it wholeheartedly.
Because I travel into the city every morning on the bus, the need to go into the city isn’t as strong anymore because I’m already there and the energy that comes out of the CBD whether it is early morning with the smell of coffee and corporates going to work or in the early evening with everyone taking transportation home or hitting the local bar or restaurant for drinks, it is always exciting and doesn’t stop. Sydney may not be as bustling as New York City but we still have our own vibe, I am so glad to be working in the city again.
Today I had a decent two hour sleep in from my usual wake-up during the work week and I haven’t done much for this Saturday, tomorrow afternoon is the work Christmas party, I already got my outfit ready (can you tell I’m eager?). Today I visited my old work, returned pair of shoes to my colleague and got myself a headset, its only been four-five years that I been telling myself on the sideline to get myself a microphone that’s not embedded in my laptop.
Excited to know that I will also have Christmas off, which means I’ll have time with my family and I won’t have to work around a schedule where it was limited.
It is tomorrow! I have never been so organised in my life! I have my corporate outfit for the induction day all set including accessories and how to do my hair and make-up, I also got my bags packed complete with new notebook to write down what I need to know, I am re-using my Prada bag that was given to me from my bestie Mei because working in a five star hotel means you gotta up the style and oppulence (in my opinion anyway).
This weekend has been full of fun and today is my rest day before starting the new chapter in my life tomorrow, two of the events that happened this weekend will be listed in the below five likes;
- Honey’s farewell in the city, I haven’t been to a club in so long but it was a lot to go dancing and reunite with her though her new job and mine are in the same area! We can still do catch ups
- Six days off have been a nice mini break between jobs, gave me time to prepare and relax
- My sister’s bridal shower in the form of a kitchen tea yesterday afternoon, wind and rain did not stop us ladies from all having a good time, but OMG so much leftovers!
- Boyfriend has booked his flight to come here next year! I am so ready ❤
- Infinity war trailer!! That looks so badass, can’t wait for it come out next year in May 😀
Overall it has been a fun week and though I have been severely delayed in sharing this diary entry, usually its every Monday (whoops) I am optimistic on this final month of 2017 and 2018 is already looking so bright for me.
I haven’t blogged in six days, whoops! I’m so sorry everyone.
I officially finished working the night shifts a week ago and since then had two days off and been working AM shifts. It is all prepping myself for the 9-5 job starting in the beginning of December. I am just grateful that I have six days off in between the hotels, it will give me time to relax and prepare for the new role.
The rest of my life has been same old, my pictures on Flickr are getting more recognition and though I’m still not going to dabble into Photoshop I am glad my unedited photos are still getting likes. On the writing front, my imagination has returned to what I used to have during my school days with new ideas and stories popping into my head at the most random of times, I just hope that I actually complete one of them, that would be a highlight for me. To finish a series or a short story.
Relationship news, my boyfriend will be booking his flight to come here end of February next year, next week. It is all happening and 2018 is already shaping up to be amazing for myself and my family.