I forgot to make a Luci note in my blog on the 13th May that I was going to be away for two weeks with the parents. I am typing this up in the club lounge of my hotel in Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii! We have been here for the past week and it has been an amazing trip so far to just keep my head clear and to re-think while enjoying the sun and all that shopping, yes please!
Though my shopping hasn’t been too bad, I think it is because I am logically analysing each item rather than splurge buying and realising that I barely wear it. I am getting a bit of a tan and the past 3 days we trekked through Maui around rainforests, mud and seeing majestic waterfalls. Got back to Waikiki yesterday and this whole week is relaxing in the sun and checking out the stores.
Last night I raided H&M down the road from my hotel and today I am wearing one of the dresses I bought, bestie Katie from New York says I look fabulous, but that girl is always biased. I will see all of you again when I am back in cold Sydney, the weather back home makes me glad I am in sunny Hawaii!
I realised that I have a lot of things that I’m looking forward to, the two events that are featured in this blog are only the recent ones while I have more upcoming in the first half of the year. I realised that with all the exciting events happening now, the second half of 2018 is looking to be very quiet and boring, I’m sure I’ll find something to get excited about.
My mood swings have been fluctuating like a damn rollercoaster especially when it comes to matters of the heart. I wish I could stop overthinking especially when I have work the following morning, but I can’t help it. It is probably a hormone thing and that again bounces back to my medical condition but still ugh! I do not like this overthinking and hot/cold attitude it’s really frustrating. My friends have been great ears for me to vent to.
Weight is still at a steady pace, it isn’t going up but it isn’t going down either, I think it’s because I welcomed carbs back into my life even though they are low GI, that and I haven’t been exercising for 30mins every day as I used to when I first started this whole change back in January, I really should do that again, it probably will help massively with my worrying emotions.
Sharing my five likes, I realised I only shared four last time, whoops;
- Infinity War is in 12 days! Going to watch it in fancy gold class with Mei
- I got book titles for my Seven Realms trilogy! After bringing down the ‘To be reviewed’ reservatons count to 0 this past Friday, I had ideas of what each book is going to be called. I checked with my second bestie Katie on what she thought of them, she loved them but I think my girls are just biased 😛
- My cousin’s 40th this past weekend, though the bar itself was full of Asians and they played two djs at each other end of the venue that you couldn’t decide where to dance, it was a fun night and Ate Gayle’s friends are great to chat to.
- My five year tenure with my hotel is coming up and I have a gala to attend to in relation to it at the end of this month, but I’m going to be featured in some random, film thing where I have to answer questions of my fond memories, who inspires me etc. That is this Thursday
- Hawaii is in 25 days! That place is so relaxed and positive vibes, perfect to rejuvenate from any busy life. Beach by day, shopping at night though I told myself I have to cut back on the shopping if I’m looking towards London next year (plane tickets are so expensive..)
That time of year is here! And though here in Australia we don’t celebrate it as hard as our northern hemisphere neighbours, I have plenty of friends who live in the U.S who go all out for Halloween. I got myself in the mood tonight with this aesthetic board I found on tumblr :3
We landed at 6:18am two days ago in Sydney International airport after a 13hr flight from Dubai, the trip back home wasn’t too bad despite the high turbulence that occured somewhere south of India and heading towards Western Australia. I had about four hours sleep and unfortunately parents did not sleep at all, they are quite sensitive to movement. Our chauffeur dropped us home and I got bombarded by my sister while she was filming us on her Snap chat app.
Parents slept for majority of the morning but not me, I unpacked, got my hair washed by my hairdressers while relaying the details of my month holiday and left a voice mail to the HR of Sofitel in the city. I really hope she calls me back and we can set up an interview, I really want to change direction into Reservations or back office. My boss had it down pat before she left us, she knew my strengths were technical and I have been facing guests for too long (seven years!)
Rather than give you all my five likes for the week, I’m going to give you the highlights of my holiday and break it down into detail.
- Florence/Firenze– The food, the Hotel Renaissance that we stayed in, the old buildings, there is something about this city that made me fall in love with it while we stayed there for 3 nights
- Sorrento– It was the optional addition to the Pompeii tour because we couldn’t go up to Mt Vesuvius but I did not mind relaxing by the water front with a milkshake after a busy day in the hot sun. It is so picturesque and gave me inspiration for Ame’s chronicles (written down in note form while away)
- Venice– All of it! It was no.2 on my bucket list since I was a kid. Regardless of how much walking we did, I loved seeing St Mark’s Square, drinking a mocktail at the Hard rock cafe, all the Venetian masks and leather bound, handmade journals and our hotel was amazing, my bed was in a seperate room to where the parents slept
- Lake Como– Mum’s old boss Camilla drove us all the way up to this grand lake from Milan for a day trip and we had dinner on the island of Bellagio, it was breathtaking especially at the top of the mountain, we rode a funicular and was given a gorgeous sight.
- Versailles– I love Marie Antoinette! So I had a very happy all day tour in the palace as well as checking out her estate, since I read her biography and watched the movie featuring Kirsten Dunst, I recognised a lot of the locations used, plus I bought Laduree merchandise, so cute macaron keychain and notepads.
- Disneyland Paris– I have now been to three Disneylands! I felt sorry for dad not sure if he enjoyed going there and probably would have preferred staying in the hotel but it was one of my happiest days on this holiday and I luckily didn’t go overboard with my shopping in the Emporium.
- The Cotswolds– A train ride up north and an early start but the personal tour: Secret Cottage with the tour guide Becky taking us to her home and having her daughter feed us morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea while visiting the old villages covered in flora and so much greenery! Considering that my lawn right now, the lands of England is so lush!
- Harry Potter studio tour– Mum and I left dad back in London and got a driver to take us to Leavesden studios where they filmed the Harry Potter studio, this day is up there with Disneyland and I did so much shopping afterwards! Including a pink pygmy puff that makes cute noises when you squeeze it. Any Potter fan should go here!
- Brad weekend– Two and a half days and finally meeting my other half, I wish we had more time together it so wasn’t long enough! I’m hoping he flies down under and we get more time together. We went to Camden Markets, Stratford Westfield and I met his best friend while he was in London- I miss him every day even though we still talk daily.
Good morning from Paris!
I didn’t make an official announcement of when I left Sydney two weeks ago but I am positive that everyone who follows my blog knew where I was going in the leading up days until I flew to Dubai. I have been over here on the other side of the globe for the past 2 weeks and been in Paris for 5 days. My parents and I have been non stop moving since we arrived and it has been amazing even with the random arguments my parents decide to start with each other. I have had my own room this past week and have been glad for it, I am returning to sharing a room with the parentals as of tonight after we take a train to London this afternoon. We are there for two weeks and next week I will be finally seeing my other half Brad, so can’t wait!
Might post again here while in London but mum has a busy schedule yet again for us, if not I will blog again when I am back home in Sydney. Thanks to those who are still following the Luci Logs and understaning my annual leave.
I been back home from Hawaii for the past 9 days and also returned to work two days after I landed. My regular guests were happy to see me and asked of stories while in Oahu, happy to say that during the first week back I did not have any post-holiday blues more like a refreshed mind and ready to tackle work. I was surely missed by all of my Front desk team and it was amazing to see them all again.
I also experienced jury duty, that was interesting to say the least but I wasn’t selected so didn’t have to inform work I’d be missing out on shifts which leads to my return to work tomorrow with a stretch of 7 days, blah! I caught up in all my shopping on Second Life and Legion has been amazing, my warlock got her Scepter of Sargaras as you probably read in the short story I posted recently of her.
This week’s 5 likes;
- My two, new Donut pillow cases from Adair
- The latest collection made by Kitten D’amour: Girl Friday
- My international group of friends- Mei, Katie, Aria, Rose, Elie and Mez
- Cleaning out my clothes and organising my closet better
- Work antics while on shift with my Front office
I also got two vices to quickly jot down in my diary, Insta-Fakes– People who post pictures to make it look like their life is amazing and so well versed when really they at home and do nothing and Fave-baits– In particular on my SL flickr when girls especially post pictures that aren’t appealing just to get a damn favourite usually is some sexual theme. No!
It is the 8th of May on my end of the world and so it is Mothers Day for all grandmothers and mothers and though I am working the morning shift at work I will still be able to go out and have dinner with mum. I left my present by her bed before I left and got a thank you text 😀 We also have a Mothers Day lunch set up and it has been booked out since last month.
So this post is in particular for my mum who has been having an emotional and frustrated past month and heading into the operation room next week but this time its for her thyroids. To me she is such a strong woman both physically and mentally, she doesn’t let anything bring her down and powers on regardless of how difficult circumstances are. She is empathic to everyone especially to her family and selfless when it comes to putting all 3 of us and our cat first.
My mum is parenting goals and though we do not appreciate it often, I notice it daily and can’t express enough how grateful I am to her.
Happy mothers day ❤
I woke up early today to say goodbye to both my parents who are flying out to the Philippines this morning and will be on a mini holiday for two weeks. They will be absent during the Easter break and dad will have plenty of time to catch up with his mum, my grandma who has moved there since 2 years ago. With the adults away it’s just my sister and I home plus the responsibilities of keeping this a functioning household.
It also means I have the duties of being Mumma cat to our beloved Skitty who will be having a lot of alone time with both of us girls still going to work- I’m doing a majority of PM shifts so I can spend time with him in the morning. Though it is all rather exciting to have a break from the parents and to have peace and quiet, it also means I have to mature or ‘adult’ sort of with being home alone. Shouldn’t be hard anyway, parents have been going on mini trips or holidays without us for a while now 😀
Ok technically I have until Tuesday next week before I return to work but considering its almost end of the work week its safe to not much interesting things will happen between now and then. However I DID cook another dish for tonight’s dinner, my younger sister has been quite social after work so mum has been relying on me and my um cooking skills.
Needless to say I am growing confident in doing dinner for the family and if I’m not on PM shift I will try and do it more often then waiting for mum to do it once she gets better from her healing of her hamstring. Speaking of mum she remarked to me today that what will she do when I return to work next week? I have been home this entire 3 weeks and since her operation been helping her out around the house.
It has got me questioning too because dad and Ange obviously both work too and can’t really stay for many hours each day. Mum has become more independant in how she does things on the ground floor but its getting upstairs is just the hassle for her. I know that with PM shifts I am more flexi, we’ll see how she goes on this. Also Vivid (lights event here in Sydney) has already began, hoping to go soon with Mei before my weekends are gone again.
My annual leave/break started on the 10th May (Mothers Day) and when I look back upon this week, I can safely say I have been quite active and mostly offline. Been helping mum out a lot with errands, been going out than just sitting at home and if I am home I’m been catching up on all my chores that I failed to do during my work week. It has been quite relaxing with much needed rest though I still have 2 more weeks of holiday left.
But the past three nights have been a blast! I have never been so social in my life! Two nights ago I went to see Pitch Perfect 2 with all the female cousins on my dad’s side- all 8 of us had dinner and watched the movie and it was amazing! Lots of laughs and jokes plus a sort of mini reunion considering we hardly together as one group. Last night I caught up with Mei over ramen plus Lindt chocolate we stayed up until 11pm and I didn’t get home until midnight 😛
Tonight I went out again but with just my immediate family including Ange’s boyfriend Adam, we went to the city and had an early dinner/dessert. Usual silly jokes, dad talking about “back home in the Philippines” and getting lost in the carpark! Needless to say this first week has been great outside of Second Life and though I have not travelled overseas its left me feeling good inside.