I love having three days off, it feels like a long weekend and it means I can go out today to the shops or just go for a drive and there is no traffic and it’s nice and quiet in the shopping centre. Though it also means I will have to work this Saturday on my own (though I can’t now because I have my grandma’s 95th birthday lunch, I was under the impression it was a night time party as usual).
Didn’t do much surprisingly other than cooking dinner, helping my bestie Katie update her Second Life look, read over my previous stories that I haven’t looked at since March this year, Netflix and chill, walks under the warm sun. Even though my long weekend isn’t action packed, I don’t mind days where I can just have a breather especially with work being so busy with just three on the phone.
The new girls are picking up speed though in their training and we finally got one of them who has been with us for a month and a half on the phones. She is unsure of herself like I was when I first started working in hotels 8 years ago but I assured her with time, she will get the knack of it. With any skill it just takes practice.
Feels for this week have been happy, fluffy, supportive, passionate and all very optimistic, I am once again grateful that despite a tiring work week, the weekend makes up for it in decent doses of happiness.
Sharing my five positive likes for this past week and long weekend;
- Teen Choice Awards; Despite Constantin Films confirming that Shadowhunters is finished, my beloved show won best scifi series and actor! And that is piping hot tea to all those who cancelled it! BTS also won best international artist and Miraculous won best animated show. My fangirl heart is alive today.
- I have a serious weakness for Faerie fictional men, I mean Rhysand owns my soul from ‘A court of mists and fury’ and now I bought a new book called The Cruel Prince, the second main character Prince Cardan Greenbriar…lord! He is like a younger Rhys
- Spent this entire weekend with the boofhead inworld, happy mood on :3
- Devilled sausages on Saturday night, I haven’t had it in years (feels like it) so yum
- Bought from Pandora on Saturday arvo, their Shine honeycomb lace ring…been eyeing it for weeks now
Yes I am definitely making this mood a thing right now because after watching last night’s latest episode of Miraculous, I am a bit peeved with my male lead Cat Noir/Adrien Agreste. Since the beginning of Season 2, the Love square that focused on Ladybug and Cat Noir bloomed into all their respective egos whether civilian or superhero, we saw the building of friendship but also the naivety that is Adrien Agreste’s character. I mean ok I get it, home schooled rich model boy who is clueless on relationships because of his neglectful father.
But surely he knows what is going on with Marinette, yes our adorable female protagonist is a bit of stalker (his entire schedule of what he does every day on her wall at home??) but he can’t be clueless on her actions around him. There was a couple of fellow fans who mentioned that he knew exactly what he was doing and knew about Marinette’s obvious crush on him. Which got me and more fans thinking, was he stringing her along. How is that good in teaching kids who watch this show? Surely the writers know that is not a good way of dealing with relationships.
After the introduction of new character Kagami Tsurugi, who by the way is a badass Japanese fencer, the animation gave off the feeling that Adrien was besotted with her on first meeting. And at the end of the episode, when questioned of his relationship to Marinette (someone who just met him, already got the sense that there was more to his relationship) and he downright said “she just a very good friend” mind you he said that in the first season. We the fandom brushed it off the very first time because he only said it to his kwami (little sprite who grants them superhero powers) Plagg but this second time, Marinette unfortunately witnessed it, leaving her devasted, luckily her kwami Tikki cheered her up.
What has me concerned is that I read in a translated episode list of Season 2, in Episode 11, there was a note that Marinette is akumatised?? Not sure if the translation is true but if will happen it is obvious to cause plenty of problems, because only she can purify the akuma inhabiting the emotionally distraught human. So IF Marinette gets akumatised, who will purify her? Cat Noir has powers of destruction to her creation, we also got the appearance of the Bee and Fox miraculous but so far no details yet to be discussed or shown. I know the creator said the two main characters are endgame as a couple, but yikes can they can be less stalker/stringing along and be normal friends to lovers stereotype?
6:30am start today and I’m back to the daily grind after a fabulous weekend either relaxing or out with friends, this is also my last week of work doing 6 days before my annual leave for Europe begins. I am all packed and ready to go, just have my day bag to prep for but otherwise everything else is ready for the month trip. Mum keeps telling me how busy we will be with training around the different countries and I know this won’t be a shopping trip, I’m just overall excited for the experience.
I am also still in fangirl mode over all the goodies being released from San Diego comic-con, that is another bucket list to one day check out the convention and be part of the masses in Hall H. The trailers for Shadowhunters, Avengers 3: Infinity war, Justice League have got me squealing and I can’t believe that Adelaide Kane (Mary from Reign) is going to be in Once upon a time and Tom Welling (Superman from Smallville) is going to be featured in the new season of Lucifer!
- My old assistant manager celebrated her birthday this past Saturday in the city, it was great to catch up
- Kagami event has opened on Second Life, it’s a Japanese horror game brings back nostalgia from 2 years ago
- I pre-ordered Occamy, the bird snake from Fantastic Beasts, a special pop doll from San Diego comic-con
- My dragon story has been moved from my little black book into word document
- Cute covered journals from Typo such as mermaid scales are addictive, I need to stop buying them!