I have returned to the daily grind at my beautiful hotel in the city and I can happily boast that my team needed me desperately though I was only absent for two weeks. It is so good to see everyone again, though I enjoyed the time my boyfriend was here and got to show him a lot of my city, being back in the office and talking with my colleagues and doing our usual antics, I missed them all!
A lot has happened in the past week and a lot has been occurring this current weekend too, they will be featured in my positive thoughts for the weekend. Since Brad has left, I have been thinking over my trip for next year and when to go. Obviously it will be my turn to go to England and finally meet his parents and all his friends but I’m unsure on what time to go. My mum and bestie thinks I should go in their winter to see if I can survive it or not.
There is also talks of who would move where, my dad has already expressed that I am not going anywhere but in the end, this decision will be up to me and where I want to go in the next two years.
Sharing my five likes for this week;
- Black Panther with bestie Mei last weekend, it is such an amazing movie and I downloaded two songs from the soundtrack
- I have lost 6 kilograms since I started that life changing diet, friends and family are noticing the difference
- I bought The Last Jedi novel when Brad was over here, my shipper heart for Kylo and Rey made me so happy in reading the book. Jason Fry brought the movie to life even more
- Bruno Mars tonight with my Filo cousins and sister, from what I heard from friends who already been, he is an entertainer and keeps the crowd going.
- Brad and I shared rolled ice-cream the night before he flew home, it was in a cute pop store in my favourite shopping mall in the city. Oreos of course and so yummy.
I had forgotten how fun family parties can be when you are there for the entire evening and not rocking up at the last minute like I was doing for the past seven years. My four day weekend is coming to an end and it has been amazing. 3/4 days were parties with either side of my parents families and I experienced my first ‘boodle’ which is where all the food is laid out along a table covered in banana leaves and you eat with your hands. It’s a Filo tradition. I couldn’t do it, well I did but not how the rest of my family could and I even attempted to use two skewers as chopsticks, that failed..
Christmas night was less eventful but by no means less fun, we played Articulate on the dining table. It’s a game where you have to describe the word on the card without saying it’s name and you’re under a timer. I realise that my trivia knowledge is quite limited and I do not know the world as much as I thought I did.
I binge watched Stranger Things in two days (thank you Netflix!) and I will not watch that show again at night, didn’t realise it also has quite a few spooky creatures that had me fast forwarding those particular scenes. I adore Mike and Eleven, they are so young and pure but adorable as a couple! The conspiracy theories behind the town of Hawkins had me thinking a lot but it was a good series and I’ll be one of those fans eagerly waiting for Season 3.
Boxing Day (today) I avoided the shops until the afternoon and instead spending my evening listening to my music on Itunes and browsing tumblr and writing a segment into one of my four main stories that I have saved on my laptop. I also revamped my tumblr layout, it needed a change after so long. Back to work tomorrow but it is only for 3 days then I got another 3 days off because of New Years day, yayy for working hotel reservations!
It is stinking hot! I mean I should expect this from an Australian summer but literally soon as December 1st arrived, the season decided “oh yes, it’s no longer Spring let’s crank up the degrees past 35 celsius!” My family and I have been going to bed with the air-conditioner turned on until 2am when it’s finally cooled down. Meanwhile my boyfriend is dealing with a heap of snow and minus temperatures up in London (lucky)
I apologise for the six day gap since my last post that I shared in relation to my photos on Second Life, my weekends haven’t been like my usual days of being at home and writing/blogging or short outings to the shops. My social life has been making a massive turn and I been going out for dinners for long periods of time. Not that I mind this change, I’m enjoying that I can get back in touch with a lot of old friends and my family especially.
The past two week’s five likes;
- The Last Jedi!!! Saw it last night on my own in my local cinema, glad I had no one next to me I was squealing quietly…a lot and so much plot twists but it was AWESOMEEE!
- Reservation Christmas Dinner last Friday, soo I didn’t realise Long island iced tea was so delicious especially when it’s given complimentary and in a punch bowl! Plus lots of laughs with my new team 😀
- Christmas dinner with the high school girls, I got heckled over information about the boyfriend and my new job. Jamie’s Italian restaurant is delicious especially their gelato. Brought back nostalgic feelings of Italy.
- I love my new job! Reservations in a French luxury hotel suits me to a tee 😛
- Doughnut Time’s ‘Slim shady’ which is basically a glazed donut dotted in mini M&M’s, that sweet is a weakness of mine! Especially with Thursday night shopping in the city.
Overall it has been a good past two weeks and this week is shaping up to be great too, Christmas at the end of the week and I can be there with the family completely without shift work breaking my hours with them.
It is tomorrow! I have never been so organised in my life! I have my corporate outfit for the induction day all set including accessories and how to do my hair and make-up, I also got my bags packed complete with new notebook to write down what I need to know, I am re-using my Prada bag that was given to me from my bestie Mei because working in a five star hotel means you gotta up the style and oppulence (in my opinion anyway).
This weekend has been full of fun and today is my rest day before starting the new chapter in my life tomorrow, two of the events that happened this weekend will be listed in the below five likes;
- Honey’s farewell in the city, I haven’t been to a club in so long but it was a lot to go dancing and reunite with her though her new job and mine are in the same area! We can still do catch ups
- Six days off have been a nice mini break between jobs, gave me time to prepare and relax
- My sister’s bridal shower in the form of a kitchen tea yesterday afternoon, wind and rain did not stop us ladies from all having a good time, but OMG so much leftovers!
- Boyfriend has booked his flight to come here next year! I am so ready ❤
- Infinity war trailer!! That looks so badass, can’t wait for it come out next year in May 😀
Overall it has been a fun week and though I have been severely delayed in sharing this diary entry, usually its every Monday (whoops) I am optimistic on this final month of 2017 and 2018 is already looking so bright for me.
It has been a whirlwind of a week since I have returned to work but I am thankful for the past couple of days and everything is still in a very positive light for myself and my family. I’ve had some big news occur recently and they will be published in the below positive thoughts, it goes to show for myself that if you put your heart into something you are guranteed to get it and even if you don’t, you keep trying until you get somewhere that is good for yourself.
My creativity boost from before the holidays is still going and I have been multi-tasking between three of my original stories, I used to write more than ten and have notes for many more before I got into roleplay on IMVU, ten years ago. I’m glad it hasn’t left me completely and I don’t need a group of people to get a plot going. Below are the weekly five likes;
- I got the job! Since before my Europe holiday I have been applying at other Accor properties in a different department. This morning I got woken up to join the new hotel opening in the city, it is a five star property. I won’t be starting until January next year but OMG I got the job!
- I walked/jogged the Blackmore bridge run this past weekend in the city, I beat my record that I did at the 10km run in Canberra in April of this year 😀
- Family lunch this past Monday, mum, sister and I all had days off after the big run and my sister suggested that we all go out for lunch, we went to Hog’s breath cafe at Towers. I had a chicken Caesar wrap with sweet potato wedges.
- Hoping to catch up with my bestie Mei this upcoming Sunday, I haven’t seen her since before the holiday and I know we need to brainstorm our creative ideas and give presents to her.
- Barbie finally released a new film! It is on American Netflix, I am just waiting for it to be released down under
We landed at 6:18am two days ago in Sydney International airport after a 13hr flight from Dubai, the trip back home wasn’t too bad despite the high turbulence that occured somewhere south of India and heading towards Western Australia. I had about four hours sleep and unfortunately parents did not sleep at all, they are quite sensitive to movement. Our chauffeur dropped us home and I got bombarded by my sister while she was filming us on her Snap chat app.
Parents slept for majority of the morning but not me, I unpacked, got my hair washed by my hairdressers while relaying the details of my month holiday and left a voice mail to the HR of Sofitel in the city. I really hope she calls me back and we can set up an interview, I really want to change direction into Reservations or back office. My boss had it down pat before she left us, she knew my strengths were technical and I have been facing guests for too long (seven years!)
Rather than give you all my five likes for the week, I’m going to give you the highlights of my holiday and break it down into detail.
- Florence/Firenze– The food, the Hotel Renaissance that we stayed in, the old buildings, there is something about this city that made me fall in love with it while we stayed there for 3 nights
- Sorrento– It was the optional addition to the Pompeii tour because we couldn’t go up to Mt Vesuvius but I did not mind relaxing by the water front with a milkshake after a busy day in the hot sun. It is so picturesque and gave me inspiration for Ame’s chronicles (written down in note form while away)
- Venice– All of it! It was no.2 on my bucket list since I was a kid. Regardless of how much walking we did, I loved seeing St Mark’s Square, drinking a mocktail at the Hard rock cafe, all the Venetian masks and leather bound, handmade journals and our hotel was amazing, my bed was in a seperate room to where the parents slept
- Lake Como– Mum’s old boss Camilla drove us all the way up to this grand lake from Milan for a day trip and we had dinner on the island of Bellagio, it was breathtaking especially at the top of the mountain, we rode a funicular and was given a gorgeous sight.
- Versailles– I love Marie Antoinette! So I had a very happy all day tour in the palace as well as checking out her estate, since I read her biography and watched the movie featuring Kirsten Dunst, I recognised a lot of the locations used, plus I bought Laduree merchandise, so cute macaron keychain and notepads.
- Disneyland Paris– I have now been to three Disneylands! I felt sorry for dad not sure if he enjoyed going there and probably would have preferred staying in the hotel but it was one of my happiest days on this holiday and I luckily didn’t go overboard with my shopping in the Emporium.
- The Cotswolds– A train ride up north and an early start but the personal tour: Secret Cottage with the tour guide Becky taking us to her home and having her daughter feed us morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea while visiting the old villages covered in flora and so much greenery! Considering that my lawn right now, the lands of England is so lush!
- Harry Potter studio tour– Mum and I left dad back in London and got a driver to take us to Leavesden studios where they filmed the Harry Potter studio, this day is up there with Disneyland and I did so much shopping afterwards! Including a pink pygmy puff that makes cute noises when you squeeze it. Any Potter fan should go here!
- Brad weekend– Two and a half days and finally meeting my other half, I wish we had more time together it so wasn’t long enough! I’m hoping he flies down under and we get more time together. We went to Camden Markets, Stratford Westfield and I met his best friend while he was in London- I miss him every day even though we still talk daily.
All these early starts are making my body cry for sleep, which is perhaps why I had a nap yesterday evening after I came home from work and slept in the car all the way home today after a full day out with the family in Bowral. This week has been packed with great memories whether online or in real life and I will list my top five in the usual likes. I had requested to have today and tomorrow off because the newest member of my family, my cousin’s little daughter had her baptism today and celebrated her first birthday.
She lives an hour away in the Southern Highlands and driving down the highway to her town brings back fond memories of when my family and I used to drive to Nowra before Nanna moved back up to Sydney, we used to have a lunch stop in Mittagong which is the town next to Bowral and it always fun to go through as a kid travelling a lot.
The five likes;
- Karage mayo bowl at Tenkomori on Friday night followed by fun conversation in the Bee Lab downstairs in the city
- Despite the drama a wannabe kawaii blogger blew up on Facebook, my friendships grew with some of the girlies online
- Cousin bonding time today over birthday lunch with both adult and kids
- 2/3 of the unique pins I bought online via Etsy have been delivered this week
- Growing knowledge while working and gaining confidence to become a team leader
I powered through the 8 days of AM shifts the past week and managed to get the new guest service agent onto doing the morning checklist and doing check outs, I had a proud mum moment on the last day before I had to get home for the drive to Canberra with mum. The ravioli in the tea room last night in the Hyatt was delicious, light but full of carbs which according to my mum is what you need to have before a big walk/run.
Woke up this morning at 5:15am, room service breakfast got delivered of wholemeal toast and either poached or scrambled eggs, boyfriend was jealous from the photo. The start line for the running festival was across the road from the hotel so we were quite fortunate and walked there. Mum got a personal best with going under 90mins, she beat her own score that we did at the Blackmore run last year and that was 9km!
I think my five likes are just from the last day of work and this weekend to be honest;
- Though I did not get under 90 I did get under 100mins and finished it, got a medal
- Managed to sleep very well last night in the hotel’s bed
- Chicken caesar wrap with wedges for lunch in Goulburn today- nuff said
- Going out again with Mei tonight even though my leg muscles are a wee bit sore
- My pictures on Flickr have surpassed 30 favs now 😀
Though Cyclone Debbie has gone passed and settled down from a category 4 to a tropical storm in Northern queensland, my work life is about to become a busy period leading right up to the weekend where mum and I will be doing the 10km walk in our nation’s capital.
Yes it is coming up already, can’t believe this month has gone so quickly (sorta). I will be working 8 AM shifts straight after tomorrow’s day off and training the new guest service agent, it will be a leadership experience for me, so wish me luck!
Do I have five likes for this past week, lemme count them below;
- Parents came home yesterday and I got a t-shirt present from mum 😀
- Sushi from Kanzo in Parramatta today for lunch was divine
- Finally watched Moana! What a girl power driven and emotional Disney movie ._.
- I been on a creative spark all this evening with writing my story Mistaken Identity
- Catch up phone call with my old work colleague Honey, we will see each other on Saturday
Parents are returning this Tuesday! It feels like they have been gone forever, Ange and I have survived without the parents even doing house chores in their absence. Skitty is still well loved though we have both been working and I have not completely lost my sanity when Ange stays over at her fiance’s house. I do however need to step up on my exercising game, two weeks until mum and I will be driving to Canberra for the 10km fun walk.
This past week’s likes that I have experienced;
- A pink notebook and a sushi keychain I bought from Typo yesterday
- A double decker London bus pin that I bought from Mooii last night while out with Mei
- Justice League released its official trailer today and it is glorious!
- Chinatown night markets last Friday night, it feels like less people or perhaps its because I was there in the early evening
- Ordered new kitten play accessories from Etsy, can’t wait for it to arrive