It is tomorrow! I have never been so organised in my life! I have my corporate outfit for the induction day all set including accessories and how to do my hair and make-up, I also got my bags packed complete with new notebook to write down what I need to know, I am re-using my Prada bag that was given to me from my bestie Mei because working in a five star hotel means you gotta up the style and oppulence (in my opinion anyway).
This weekend has been full of fun and today is my rest day before starting the new chapter in my life tomorrow, two of the events that happened this weekend will be listed in the below five likes;
- Honey’s farewell in the city, I haven’t been to a club in so long but it was a lot to go dancing and reunite with her though her new job and mine are in the same area! We can still do catch ups
- Six days off have been a nice mini break between jobs, gave me time to prepare and relax
- My sister’s bridal shower in the form of a kitchen tea yesterday afternoon, wind and rain did not stop us ladies from all having a good time, but OMG so much leftovers!
- Boyfriend has booked his flight to come here next year! I am so ready ❤
- Infinity war trailer!! That looks so badass, can’t wait for it come out next year in May 😀
Overall it has been a fun week and though I have been severely delayed in sharing this diary entry, usually its every Monday (whoops) I am optimistic on this final month of 2017 and 2018 is already looking so bright for me.
After 4.5 years of highs and lows with plenty of memories that were made, I said goodbye to the Novotel this afternoon, though I am returning to the hotel tomorrow to return my uniforms and badges, I officially signed off today. I got spoiled with gifts and plenty of hugs shared around.
I have seen the hotel change brands and my Front office team have plenty of changes itself in either procedures, staff and even the uniforms that we wear, we have thrived through all outcomes and become a much stronger team as a whole. This post will feature some of my favourite moments during my years at the hotel.
- The school formals, though I am working the PM shift hearing the loud music and seeing the outfits of the girls that come in, it is always a fun night to experience
- My birthday card last year was signed by a couple of my VIP loyalty guests. We always give them the special treatment but on that day, they gave it to me
- Going out to the movies with all my front office colleagues, it is so rare you have all of us together in one room. When we had the opportunity to promote the film linked to the Novotel brand, it was always a fun afternoon.
- Melbourne Cup last year, I got to frock up and not wear my uniform for the races while working
- Three emails from different guests of mine that was sent to my big CEO of Asia Pacific region, those warm fuzzy feelings
- Meeting the CEO himself when he came to the hotel this month, I was in awe!
- Learning to drive the hotel shuttle bus, it got me closer to the guests especially a group of fun-loving, happy nuns!
- My regular guests and VIPs, I will miss my colleagues but I will miss the familiar faces I see daily who checked in with me
I will start at the new property and new brand but still Accor in six days time, I am grateful that I am given this time off in between, it gives time to rest, relax and prepare for the change of scene starting next Monday!
I am in the last week at Novotel! It’s so weird that it has finally arrived, my countdown calendar no longer has twenty days on it, it has 5 days to go! Oh gosh and so much is happening all at once though I’m barely working this week, I have two days of morning then days off then another two days of morning. It is all happening so fast, I have already arranged my annual leave for next year including around the time of my sister’s wedding and when the boyfriend visits 😀
I’m grateful that I’m also given some time off in between the jobs, six days to be exact so I can find temporary corporate clothes to wear until the uniforms are ready and I won’t have to worry what to wear in the morning before I take the bus into the city. Posting the following five likes for this week;
- Mum is back from New Zealand! We picked her up from the airport this evening
- Justice League this past weekend was amazing! I don’t care what the masses say, Mei and I loved it!
- Writing up a storm still, so glad my imagination at its peak has returned
- Supre has upped their game when it comes to clothes, their Ice-cream Kween line is soo cute
- Used my Kitten d’amour voucher, got a cute necklace from their Vintage Rose line
I am counting down to a couple of things this month actually, its all positive and its all so exciting. First up I only have nineteen days to go at my current job as a guest service agent before I will be moving into the new, five star hotel in the city. It is located in the same area where I got into the hotel industry, seven years ago so I cannot wait! There are also a couple of other things that are happening but they will be listed in my weekly five likes.
The only thing that I can be sad about this week is the fact I had a day off on Melbourne cup day, my mum doesn’t like it because of her love for horses and conscience to animals but I am upset because at work, we do a big event every year that hosts over 250 people who book with our events department, have lunch and bet on the winning horse. It also means that Front desk can dress up in fancy wear and fascinators for the day, basically no uniform. I was working AM shift last year when we had the event and I got to wear one of my vintage dresses from Kitten D’amour.
Sadly this year’s Melbourne cup fell upon one of my days off, but even though I could not be dressed up for it, I still had positives for my weekend. The five likes for this week are;
- Booked Justice League to watch with Mei in two weeks, can’t wait!
- My grandma on my dad’s side has returned to Australia from the Philippines! I got to see her today 😀 She remembered me despite being 93 years old
- Men in Black trilogy marathon on Netflix, yes I am listing this as a positive thought because it brings back warm nostalgia of the 90s
- Double choc chip cookies from my local supermarket
- Boyfriend is booking his flight to Australia for next year in two weeks!
I am so tired! I have been on three weeks on PM shift the past month and this week I have been working all morning shifts, the 7am to 3pm and I am ready for a sleep-in, well in particular my days off coming up the next two days. Work has been uneventful as per the norm though we do have a new casual guest service agent who has been working the night shifts and is eager to learn, which is awesome!
I was going to wait to see what Strawberry Singh would be releasing for her Monday Second Life challenge tomorrow but I noticed I’m already three days behind my usual blog posting, so I will do a challenge another time. The five following positive thoughts for this week;
- Movie night with Mei last night! We watched the latest Thor film, it was funny but kept with the storyline and in true Marvel fashion had two end of credit scenes. My love for Loki has been reborn, soo good to see him again on the big screen
- Ichiban Boshi: It’s the restaurant we had dinner at last night, it used to be our regular haunt situated right next to our favourite book store that is Kinokuniya but we switched to Regent Place and haven’t returned until recently.
- I been creating a storm of outfits on Polyvore, like I said in my previous Second Life picture post it has been less fashion tiles for pixel land and more using real life products
- Miraculous has premiered its Season 2 in Europe! I been watching it through Youtube since it won’t hit my Netflix until December
- Mango smoothies and small donut balls, I did not know were such a good combo!
It’s Monday night here so you know what that means… another Strawberry Singh challenge yay! It seems my diary entries if posted on this particular day will be featuring her challenges if they become a regular occurance again 😛 Mixing it up with my likes for this week and I got a lot to be grateful for after the highs and lows that come with being human. The highlights will be featured in my positive likes below of course.
All I can say is that I’m so happy for the people who surround me, I am known to be a happy-go-lucky person but when I get drained, it is these people who keep me going in just being themselves. So thanks all ❤
- Honey Birdette– Local lingerie store who also dips into bondage inspired themes, I decided to stop being a coward and went into a store today and tried on a set. Loved it so much…I bought it
- Kitten D’amour released a new line, I haven’t shopped there in ages but yesterday got myself a collar dress from their new collection Hummingbird
- The picture edits one of my girls on Second Life Aria did of us both, she’s a talented waifu!
- I got a finishing date for my current job! I finish on November 27th 😀 Sofitel here I come!
- Whatsapp or facebook calls from the boyfriend in the evening :3
The Second Life challenge for this week is all about the zodiac and I had to participate considering I enjoy reading about my horoscope and can relate to my sign on so many levels.
- What is your Zodiac sign?: I am a rebellious, eccentric Aquarian
- Do you believe in Astrology and read your horoscope often?: I used to read it all the time when I was single and in my early 20s, now if it pops up on my Facebook, I will have a read. I still believe in what it says about my persona though
- What are some of the traits of your zodiac sign and do you feel they reflect who you are?:
- Strengths: Progressive, original, independent, humanitarian – All yes to the four! I like to be progressive in anything, I can adapt to change especially at work, originality is something I pride in severely I can’t stand fakes, fads or clones because girls can’t grasp the concept of individuality. Independent for sure! I can be left alone and I won’t be flailing for help. And for the last point, I donate to research for cancer to my local hospital and support cat shelters because bootchis.
- Weaknesses: Runs from emotional expression, temperamental, uncompromising, aloof – I don’t run from my emotions, I’m in fact a human tap who has too much emotion and it’s always going out whether in doses of extreme happiness, melancholy or anger so that’s a no 😛 Temperatural and uncompromising oh gosh yes I can be, my boyfriend has called me stubborn because there have been times I don’t budge with him. Same with my family. Aloof, oh yes I am like a cat in that aspect, I can appear to be an Ice queen to strangers until you get to know me.
- Aquarian likes: Fun with friends, helping others, fighting for causes, intellectual conversation, a good listener – I’m an extrovert, I get louder in good company it’s the honest truth and my friends can agree on that. Helping others, I’m in the hospitality industry it is what I pride in doing, fighting for causes I do charity walks to help raise money for all kinds of people in need or like I said before I financially support them. Intellectual convos, I find sapiosexuals, hot as hell! I love to learn off them, I am a sponge. Good listener, I have to be again with my line of work though sometimes I get distracted and do not pay attention in the presence of family or friends (I’m so sorry on that!)
Well that’s my diary for this week, thanks everyone for the new reads and followers 😀
Friday the 13th is known to be a day of bad luck or negative energy, found to be the theme in all Halloween or horror films but perhaps for me it is a symbol of good luck. The number 13 has always been a sign of good things for my dad especially having gotten amazing results in his exams and jobs in the past. This happened to me today, at 12:30pm to be exact when I was browsing my email while getting my hair done at my local hairdressers.
That job I squealed to all of you my dear readers about that I am starting in January next year. My new boss emailed me today requesting me to start earlier than that day. She has asked me to start in TWO weeks! Of course she understands me to talk to my current managers to find a schedule that will benefit me and assist them in this transition but omg! Sooner than I expected! And it is also so very exciting, I already told my two besties, my parents and my boss soon as we started shift today.
Apparently the new hotel is much busier than they expected and they are in dire need of assistance, I want to go so much but at the same time I want to be here in my current job helping the people who has encouraged my career this past year. Fingers crossed for both sides!
Today’s post might be a little bit lengthier than usual because I am including Strawberry Singh‘s challenge that she just posted today, she used to do them on a weekly occurance but reality can get quite busy as you and I all know. Anyway this week has been a blur, I been working all PM shifts, only four nights and been full speed into my fantasy series, I have notes for all 3 books now and I think I will keep it to a trilogy even though they all got heaps of content.
I have also decided that I will professionally bind them so they can be read like a book and passed around to anyone in my family or friends can read it (that’s if they enjoy the fantasy genre of course). I’ll be sharing my five positive thoughts before doing the challenge.
- Miraculous has a premiere date for Season 2! October 26th!! Shadowhunters has a date for Season 3, April 3 (It’s far away but still yay, also the new footage looks amazing)
- Spent the entire weekend with my boyfriend on SL ❤
- Ka.lu.el got to have a catch up on IMVU, Elie has been busy moving in reality so it was great to see her again
- I am 84 pages into Book 1 of my Seven realms series, been discussing with best friend Mei and told her character deaths…she isn’t happy with me again ^^;
- No big problems at work this past week, to have a relaxed but productive day at work is a blessing 😛
Now giving you a couple of my Second Life facts, Strawberry has written seven so I shall try and give you 7 too
- My Second Life fact #1: I am a horrible shopaholic, I was worse before the Europe trip but I love to dress up my pixels and I spent my real life work money to buy lindens..
- My Second Life fact #2: I can’t stand Alpha men and spoiled baby girls, I know two dear friends who are in that lifestyle in reality and they have explained Babygirls are not want the thots are in-world at all! Alphas also are insecure, little dick men who also fall under the category of your generic pup (fuck boy)
- My Second Life fact #3: I’m usually parked in my cottage, it is my rosy bubble and my safe place, quite often the people around the grid make me roll my eyes at their stupidity
- My Second Life fact #4: I love to take photos, which is why I have that Flickr account and always sharing pictures on my blog
- My Second Life fact #5: Anything pink, cutesy, magical or cat related I will buy it almost immediately whether in-world store, event or gacha form. It will be mine!!
- My Second Life fact #6: I met the love of my life online, three years ago. On 13th October 2014 to be precise 😛 And then we met in reality in September of this year 😀
- My Second Life fact #7: I have been growing meh about Second Life lately, with my novel writing and socialising more on my pixel network that is IMVU, I probably log on maybe 3-4 days a week and spend less than 3hrs on it, unless of course there is a new event that is calling my shopaholic side..
I hope this satisfies the challenge and yay to Strawberry Singh for bringing them back again, they are so much fun to do!
I do five likes every week because with all the negativity in the world and people who threaten to pop your rosy bubble of happiness, finding joy in the little things has been a recommended idea by many of people, socialites, friendship circles and psychologists alike. It is no way meant to be means to boast about great your life is but more finding the better things that make you smile and push through a week until you are fresh for the next.
This week has been uneventful at work, we have a group of nuns staying with us at the moment so our hotel is feeling incredibly holy and full of energy because of their presence, they aren’t your typical nuns either (enjoy a good game of football while drinking beer or wine). I have had the pleasure of dropping them off in our hotel shuttle bus to and from the destination, I have gotten confidence in driving our vehicle which has been great.
- High Tea at La Florisan with Mei this Monday public holiday, can’t wait!
- Cadbury coated Oreos, they made it an official biscuit down under 😀
- My Beauty and the Beast Enchanted rose bluetooth speaker arrived, its so pretty
- My Gryffindor nightgown from Peter Alexander #Housepride
- Our internet has been bumped to 5g because of the newly installed NBN
It has been a whirlwind of a week since I have returned to work but I am thankful for the past couple of days and everything is still in a very positive light for myself and my family. I’ve had some big news occur recently and they will be published in the below positive thoughts, it goes to show for myself that if you put your heart into something you are guranteed to get it and even if you don’t, you keep trying until you get somewhere that is good for yourself.
My creativity boost from before the holidays is still going and I have been multi-tasking between three of my original stories, I used to write more than ten and have notes for many more before I got into roleplay on IMVU, ten years ago. I’m glad it hasn’t left me completely and I don’t need a group of people to get a plot going. Below are the weekly five likes;
- I got the job! Since before my Europe holiday I have been applying at other Accor properties in a different department. This morning I got woken up to join the new hotel opening in the city, it is a five star property. I won’t be starting until January next year but OMG I got the job!
- I walked/jogged the Blackmore bridge run this past weekend in the city, I beat my record that I did at the 10km run in Canberra in April of this year 😀
- Family lunch this past Monday, mum, sister and I all had days off after the big run and my sister suggested that we all go out for lunch, we went to Hog’s breath cafe at Towers. I had a chicken Caesar wrap with sweet potato wedges.
- Hoping to catch up with my bestie Mei this upcoming Sunday, I haven’t seen her since before the holiday and I know we need to brainstorm our creative ideas and give presents to her.
- Barbie finally released a new film! It is on American Netflix, I am just waiting for it to be released down under
Good morning from Paris!
I didn’t make an official announcement of when I left Sydney two weeks ago but I am positive that everyone who follows my blog knew where I was going in the leading up days until I flew to Dubai. I have been over here on the other side of the globe for the past 2 weeks and been in Paris for 5 days. My parents and I have been non stop moving since we arrived and it has been amazing even with the random arguments my parents decide to start with each other. I have had my own room this past week and have been glad for it, I am returning to sharing a room with the parentals as of tonight after we take a train to London this afternoon. We are there for two weeks and next week I will be finally seeing my other half Brad, so can’t wait!
Might post again here while in London but mum has a busy schedule yet again for us, if not I will blog again when I am back home in Sydney. Thanks to those who are still following the Luci Logs and understaning my annual leave.
As the days creep closer and my parents and I are finalising our checklists and our packing, I’m just happy that I am already on annual leave after six days of work last week. Not that it wasn’t stressful, happy to say that my very last shift at work turned out to be quite pleasant with a lot of hugs and well wishing from my colleagues. I’m looking forward to travelling in business class, it is such a long flight to get up to Dubai alone.
Been organising with the boyfriend of what we are going to do together in the second week while in England, I know that the cat cafe is one thing I definitely want to experience even after finding out Sydney has its own cat cafe in the city. Mum has also asked Brad if he would like to join us on a trip down to Portsmouth, she is going there to meet her work friends but the train ride would be nice for my parents to find more about him.
- I pre-ordered the Enchanted rose from Beauty and the Beast, also acts as bluetooth speaker
- Family dinner with my family and my sister’s fiance’s family tonight, lots of laughs and good conversation
- Getting keratin on my hair tomorrow, it means no more frizz!
- Dollhouse DIY videos on Youtube are so relaxing, I have no idea why
- Writing more, socialising in reality more like what I used to do before pixel universes took over
6:30am start today and I’m back to the daily grind after a fabulous weekend either relaxing or out with friends, this is also my last week of work doing 6 days before my annual leave for Europe begins. I am all packed and ready to go, just have my day bag to prep for but otherwise everything else is ready for the month trip. Mum keeps telling me how busy we will be with training around the different countries and I know this won’t be a shopping trip, I’m just overall excited for the experience.
I am also still in fangirl mode over all the goodies being released from San Diego comic-con, that is another bucket list to one day check out the convention and be part of the masses in Hall H. The trailers for Shadowhunters, Avengers 3: Infinity war, Justice League have got me squealing and I can’t believe that Adelaide Kane (Mary from Reign) is going to be in Once upon a time and Tom Welling (Superman from Smallville) is going to be featured in the new season of Lucifer!
- My old assistant manager celebrated her birthday this past Saturday in the city, it was great to catch up
- Kagami event has opened on Second Life, it’s a Japanese horror game brings back nostalgia from 2 years ago
- I pre-ordered Occamy, the bird snake from Fantastic Beasts, a special pop doll from San Diego comic-con
- My dragon story has been moved from my little black book into word document
- Cute covered journals from Typo such as mermaid scales are addictive, I need to stop buying them!