I have returned to the daily grind at my beautiful hotel in the city and I can happily boast that my team needed me desperately though I was only absent for two weeks. It is so good to see everyone again, though I enjoyed the time my boyfriend was here and got to show him a lot of my city, being back in the office and talking with my colleagues and doing our usual antics, I missed them all!
A lot has happened in the past week and a lot has been occurring this current weekend too, they will be featured in my positive thoughts for the weekend. Since Brad has left, I have been thinking over my trip for next year and when to go. Obviously it will be my turn to go to England and finally meet his parents and all his friends but I’m unsure on what time to go. My mum and bestie thinks I should go in their winter to see if I can survive it or not.
There is also talks of who would move where, my dad has already expressed that I am not going anywhere but in the end, this decision will be up to me and where I want to go in the next two years.
Sharing my five likes for this week;
- Black Panther with bestie Mei last weekend, it is such an amazing movie and I downloaded two songs from the soundtrack
- I have lost 6 kilograms since I started that life changing diet, friends and family are noticing the difference
- I bought The Last Jedi novel when Brad was over here, my shipper heart for Kylo and Rey made me so happy in reading the book. Jason Fry brought the movie to life even more
- Bruno Mars tonight with my Filo cousins and sister, from what I heard from friends who already been, he is an entertainer and keeps the crowd going.
- Brad and I shared rolled ice-cream the night before he flew home, it was in a cute pop store in my favourite shopping mall in the city. Oreos of course and so yummy.
I have not posted anything new in two weeks, I’m so sorry to those who truly decide to read my ramblings on my blog. I have been occupied whether in reading, writing my own stories or socialising beyond the laptop. I have also been working and exercising up a storm since I last posted about my newly diagnosed medical condition.
My birthday month of February has been blasting its way through and though it may feel like a whirlwind at times, I am still finding daily positive thoughts and fun experiences that are stored in the deep recess of my mind.
Also for the past two weeks I have been battling some combination of a cold and excessive cough. The doctors don’t know what it is, I have been giving antibiotics and now a ventolin to remedy the dry cough but the problem is, if I talk too much or I do my exercise it leaves me with a tight throat and coughing for air. Now everyone knows with my job, I have to be on the phone from 9am to 5pm because I’m in Reservations but this cough is preventing me from doing my job efficiently.
It is frustrating beyond belief and I wish it would end already or the doctor I goes to can confirm what it is than just guessing and giving me short term solutions.
Sharing my five likes over the course of the two weeks;
- A court of thorns and roses by Sarah Maas, the trilogy is addictive as hell! I went through Book 1 and 2 within 3 days and only stopped myself from continuing with the third book because I found myself not doing anything else other than reading
- I am now 80 kilos after starting with 86, 4 weeks ago 😀
- Went to one of my high school girlfriend’s engagement party last weekend, another one is tying the knot!
- 3 days until Brad is here on the same day of my 30th birthday party
- Kitten D’amour’s VIP party last night, I did not buy anything but it was fun to socialise with the other VIP ladies
This past weekend I was given a massive wake up call, in the form of the blood tests that I had last week. After the results came through and I got them looked at on Saturday, I was informed that I am insulin resistant and pre-diabetic. It wasn’t until yesterday when I went to the doctors again that I was told I have PCOS. I know I consumed a lot of sweets/sugar in the past decade of my life but it has finally decided to rear in the consequences and ugly truth.
Now since Saturday I have had a total turnaround of my lifestyle and diet, I have been exercising every day whether going for walks with mum or going to my local pool. I have said no to all chocolate, candy and cakes, I even told my boss at work because we normally have chocolate shared around when we get super busy.
Needless to say the weight I have gained since I was 21 will drop but my body is still crying for sugar. Mum told me it will take 10 days for the cravings to stop, this is day 4…I am sincerely hoping.
Right now my mood is a mixture of “I don’t want to get operated on” to “I hope I can still eat all my delicious food, once I’m in the all clear” Friends and family who know me very well, know I am a huge food lover…so we’ll see what happens in a month or so.
The past week’s five likes were a struggle for me to pull together;
- Only four days of work this week, Australia Day means long weekend for me!
- Exercising every day now, that is huge considering I was so inactive beforehand
- Watched The Last Jedi again (third time) with my mum last Sunday, she loved the movie too
- I am reading Ready Player One again on the bus to and from work, such a good book!
- Discovered composer Ivan Torrent through Youtube, woww his music is amazing 😮
Another end of the work week has arrived and though I do not have anything planned for this weekend, I am glad it is here. We have been busy at work this week but the weather has been cooler than anticipate and I’m thankful we had it compared to next week which has a forecast of in the thirties. Eww!
I also have a work party that is occurring on February 1st but I am unsure whether to attend or not. Only because it falls on a week night and its from 6pm to 10pm and I still have work the following morning. Decisions, decisions! I would love to go as its any chance to socialise with my work peers and there is a theme for the event: Nautical. Any excuse to dress up for it as well but the cons that go against it is that its straight after work, I would have to bring an extra bag of clothes and lug it with me on the bus home, and I cannot stay until 10pm because my bus finishes at 7:30pm.
I have been writing a lot after work too, my longest story so far has now reached over 220 pages, that is a milestone in my entire writing history. My stories never reach this long let alone have over 30,000 words. I am half-way through this book.
Work has resumed as normal after New years day and I’m starting to pick up my own rhythm and confidence with every passing day. My assistant manager no longer needs to correct me on how I say things in calls to our guests and I don’t have to keep referring to my notes or the spreadsheets. My giant memory is once again becoming an asset in remembering the small details of a fast pace job. Don’t get me wrong though, I am living for these quick days where before I know it, it is already Friday afternoon.
My team of 8 including my two managers are amazing and hilarious but a supportive unit, if we need assistance in clearing out the email inbox or reducing reservation reviews, two of us will jump straight into it and power through. But while we all work, we also crack up random jokes, a couple of my team members break into a song or there is the standard share of delicious sweets to keep the energy flowing by the afternoon.
The past two week’s five likes;
- Boyfriend is here in 40 days! Two weeks I will have my Brad with me ❤ I can’t believe it is so soon!
- Watched Green Days’s American Idiot musical yesterday with mum at the Opera house, we got a little bit dressed up. I finally got to wear my pink polka dot dress from Kitten D’amour. The show was highly emotional and intense but the music still had me singing since it is from GD’s album.
- Saturday night at Regent place with the bestie Mei, we had not seen each other since New years eve, so it was nice to catch up with her while also discussing what to wear for my upcoming 30th birthday next month, omg!
- Miraculous has returned and graced our digital screens this past Sunday, Season 2 keeps surpassing the fandom’s expectations and it’s a nice fan base where no one is nitpicking or ranting about certain couples…unlike some other fandoms lately.
- Cadbury mini eggs are back in the supermarket! And the small packets are $1 each, I know I told myself less sugar…so I bought one box a day (the box is the length of my thumb..)
Another year has finished its orbit around the sun and making its way for a fruitful 2018 (I hope and am very optimistic) I figured with this being my final 2017 diary entry, I will share my highlights of the years in the format of my five likes as well as the resolutions that I have laid out for myself and hoping I have enough motivation to follow through with some of them. I have been blessed with 2017, it started off slow and mundane but as the months passed it snowballed into something truly amazing that has me looking forward and anticipating on what is to come.
This year’s highlights that I can easily put on the top of my list of memories;
- Europe trip! Meeting my boyfriend Brad for the first time especially who is also going to be coming here end of February for 2 weeks and meeting my sister and the rest of the family
- Landing the reservation job at Sofitel, I moved up to a five star luxury brand and 3 weeks in and I’m still loving it!
- Year of fantastic film and tv series- Shadowhunters season 2, Miraculous, Stranger Things 1 and 2, Wonder Woman, Thor: Ragnarok, The Last Jedi just to name a couple of my favourites
- Canberra run in April with mum and Blackmore bridge run in September, who would have thought I’d do walks/runs for charity while enjoying it too
- My flickr of Second Life photos capped 1,000 followers earlier this year
I’ve had many memories and fun times that is why I share a weekly recap including positve thoughts of the week that keep the experiences alive and I can look back on them fondly. Now with a new year approaching, I had to list realistic resolutions for myself. Not exactly five though.
- Lose weight! I have jumped up to a size 16, that is scary! Considering I used to be a 12 years ago, my boyfriend is also losing weight for my sister’s wedding in March so I gotta drop the kilos, a couple at least by then
- Save money– Since Europe I have been idly saving up my money and mostly spending. Mum has been offering to do a budget for me, I might need to think that one over if I wish to continue travelling.
- Lessen the chocolate, it’s amazing that I am not diabetic considering the amount of sugar I eat daily. That needs to go too
- Continue being my happy self– it is because I am true to myself and everyone around me whether friends, family or work that I am my best self and it helps others who are feeling not so positive.
Four resolutions, that’s achievable right? Well this is me signing off for the year. See you all in my next post in 2018!
It is stinking hot! I mean I should expect this from an Australian summer but literally soon as December 1st arrived, the season decided “oh yes, it’s no longer Spring let’s crank up the degrees past 35 celsius!” My family and I have been going to bed with the air-conditioner turned on until 2am when it’s finally cooled down. Meanwhile my boyfriend is dealing with a heap of snow and minus temperatures up in London (lucky)
I apologise for the six day gap since my last post that I shared in relation to my photos on Second Life, my weekends haven’t been like my usual days of being at home and writing/blogging or short outings to the shops. My social life has been making a massive turn and I been going out for dinners for long periods of time. Not that I mind this change, I’m enjoying that I can get back in touch with a lot of old friends and my family especially.
The past two week’s five likes;
- The Last Jedi!!! Saw it last night on my own in my local cinema, glad I had no one next to me I was squealing quietly…a lot and so much plot twists but it was AWESOMEEE!
- Reservation Christmas Dinner last Friday, soo I didn’t realise Long island iced tea was so delicious especially when it’s given complimentary and in a punch bowl! Plus lots of laughs with my new team 😀
- Christmas dinner with the high school girls, I got heckled over information about the boyfriend and my new job. Jamie’s Italian restaurant is delicious especially their gelato. Brought back nostalgic feelings of Italy.
- I love my new job! Reservations in a French luxury hotel suits me to a tee 😛
- Doughnut Time’s ‘Slim shady’ which is basically a glazed donut dotted in mini M&M’s, that sweet is a weakness of mine! Especially with Thursday night shopping in the city.
Overall it has been a good past two weeks and this week is shaping up to be great too, Christmas at the end of the week and I can be there with the family completely without shift work breaking my hours with them.
It is tomorrow! I have never been so organised in my life! I have my corporate outfit for the induction day all set including accessories and how to do my hair and make-up, I also got my bags packed complete with new notebook to write down what I need to know, I am re-using my Prada bag that was given to me from my bestie Mei because working in a five star hotel means you gotta up the style and oppulence (in my opinion anyway).
This weekend has been full of fun and today is my rest day before starting the new chapter in my life tomorrow, two of the events that happened this weekend will be listed in the below five likes;
- Honey’s farewell in the city, I haven’t been to a club in so long but it was a lot to go dancing and reunite with her though her new job and mine are in the same area! We can still do catch ups
- Six days off have been a nice mini break between jobs, gave me time to prepare and relax
- My sister’s bridal shower in the form of a kitchen tea yesterday afternoon, wind and rain did not stop us ladies from all having a good time, but OMG so much leftovers!
- Boyfriend has booked his flight to come here next year! I am so ready ❤
- Infinity war trailer!! That looks so badass, can’t wait for it come out next year in May 😀
Overall it has been a fun week and though I have been severely delayed in sharing this diary entry, usually its every Monday (whoops) I am optimistic on this final month of 2017 and 2018 is already looking so bright for me.
After 4.5 years of highs and lows with plenty of memories that were made, I said goodbye to the Novotel this afternoon, though I am returning to the hotel tomorrow to return my uniforms and badges, I officially signed off today. I got spoiled with gifts and plenty of hugs shared around.
I have seen the hotel change brands and my Front office team have plenty of changes itself in either procedures, staff and even the uniforms that we wear, we have thrived through all outcomes and become a much stronger team as a whole. This post will feature some of my favourite moments during my years at the hotel.
- The school formals, though I am working the PM shift hearing the loud music and seeing the outfits of the girls that come in, it is always a fun night to experience
- My birthday card last year was signed by a couple of my VIP loyalty guests. We always give them the special treatment but on that day, they gave it to me
- Going out to the movies with all my front office colleagues, it is so rare you have all of us together in one room. When we had the opportunity to promote the film linked to the Novotel brand, it was always a fun afternoon.
- Melbourne Cup last year, I got to frock up and not wear my uniform for the races while working
- Three emails from different guests of mine that was sent to my big CEO of Asia Pacific region, those warm fuzzy feelings
- Meeting the CEO himself when he came to the hotel this month, I was in awe!
- Learning to drive the hotel shuttle bus, it got me closer to the guests especially a group of fun-loving, happy nuns!
- My regular guests and VIPs, I will miss my colleagues but I will miss the familiar faces I see daily who checked in with me
I will start at the new property and new brand but still Accor in six days time, I am grateful that I am given this time off in between, it gives time to rest, relax and prepare for the change of scene starting next Monday!
I am in the last week at Novotel! It’s so weird that it has finally arrived, my countdown calendar no longer has twenty days on it, it has 5 days to go! Oh gosh and so much is happening all at once though I’m barely working this week, I have two days of morning then days off then another two days of morning. It is all happening so fast, I have already arranged my annual leave for next year including around the time of my sister’s wedding and when the boyfriend visits 😀
I’m grateful that I’m also given some time off in between the jobs, six days to be exact so I can find temporary corporate clothes to wear until the uniforms are ready and I won’t have to worry what to wear in the morning before I take the bus into the city. Posting the following five likes for this week;
- Mum is back from New Zealand! We picked her up from the airport this evening
- Justice League this past weekend was amazing! I don’t care what the masses say, Mei and I loved it!
- Writing up a storm still, so glad my imagination at its peak has returned
- Supre has upped their game when it comes to clothes, their Ice-cream Kween line is soo cute
- Used my Kitten d’amour voucher, got a cute necklace from their Vintage Rose line
I am counting down to a couple of things this month actually, its all positive and its all so exciting. First up I only have nineteen days to go at my current job as a guest service agent before I will be moving into the new, five star hotel in the city. It is located in the same area where I got into the hotel industry, seven years ago so I cannot wait! There are also a couple of other things that are happening but they will be listed in my weekly five likes.
The only thing that I can be sad about this week is the fact I had a day off on Melbourne cup day, my mum doesn’t like it because of her love for horses and conscience to animals but I am upset because at work, we do a big event every year that hosts over 250 people who book with our events department, have lunch and bet on the winning horse. It also means that Front desk can dress up in fancy wear and fascinators for the day, basically no uniform. I was working AM shift last year when we had the event and I got to wear one of my vintage dresses from Kitten D’amour.
Sadly this year’s Melbourne cup fell upon one of my days off, but even though I could not be dressed up for it, I still had positives for my weekend. The five likes for this week are;
- Booked Justice League to watch with Mei in two weeks, can’t wait!
- My grandma on my dad’s side has returned to Australia from the Philippines! I got to see her today 😀 She remembered me despite being 93 years old
- Men in Black trilogy marathon on Netflix, yes I am listing this as a positive thought because it brings back warm nostalgia of the 90s
- Double choc chip cookies from my local supermarket
- Boyfriend is booking his flight to Australia for next year in two weeks!
I am so tired! I have been on three weeks on PM shift the past month and this week I have been working all morning shifts, the 7am to 3pm and I am ready for a sleep-in, well in particular my days off coming up the next two days. Work has been uneventful as per the norm though we do have a new casual guest service agent who has been working the night shifts and is eager to learn, which is awesome!
I was going to wait to see what Strawberry Singh would be releasing for her Monday Second Life challenge tomorrow but I noticed I’m already three days behind my usual blog posting, so I will do a challenge another time. The five following positive thoughts for this week;
- Movie night with Mei last night! We watched the latest Thor film, it was funny but kept with the storyline and in true Marvel fashion had two end of credit scenes. My love for Loki has been reborn, soo good to see him again on the big screen
- Ichiban Boshi: It’s the restaurant we had dinner at last night, it used to be our regular haunt situated right next to our favourite book store that is Kinokuniya but we switched to Regent Place and haven’t returned until recently.
- I been creating a storm of outfits on Polyvore, like I said in my previous Second Life picture post it has been less fashion tiles for pixel land and more using real life products
- Miraculous has premiered its Season 2 in Europe! I been watching it through Youtube since it won’t hit my Netflix until December
- Mango smoothies and small donut balls, I did not know were such a good combo!
It’s Monday night here so you know what that means… another Strawberry Singh challenge yay! It seems my diary entries if posted on this particular day will be featuring her challenges if they become a regular occurance again 😛 Mixing it up with my likes for this week and I got a lot to be grateful for after the highs and lows that come with being human. The highlights will be featured in my positive likes below of course.
All I can say is that I’m so happy for the people who surround me, I am known to be a happy-go-lucky person but when I get drained, it is these people who keep me going in just being themselves. So thanks all ❤
- Honey Birdette– Local lingerie store who also dips into bondage inspired themes, I decided to stop being a coward and went into a store today and tried on a set. Loved it so much…I bought it
- Kitten D’amour released a new line, I haven’t shopped there in ages but yesterday got myself a collar dress from their new collection Hummingbird
- The picture edits one of my girls on Second Life Aria did of us both, she’s a talented waifu!
- I got a finishing date for my current job! I finish on November 27th 😀 Sofitel here I come!
- Whatsapp or facebook calls from the boyfriend in the evening :3
The Second Life challenge for this week is all about the zodiac and I had to participate considering I enjoy reading about my horoscope and can relate to my sign on so many levels.
- What is your Zodiac sign?: I am a rebellious, eccentric Aquarian
- Do you believe in Astrology and read your horoscope often?: I used to read it all the time when I was single and in my early 20s, now if it pops up on my Facebook, I will have a read. I still believe in what it says about my persona though
- What are some of the traits of your zodiac sign and do you feel they reflect who you are?:
- Strengths: Progressive, original, independent, humanitarian – All yes to the four! I like to be progressive in anything, I can adapt to change especially at work, originality is something I pride in severely I can’t stand fakes, fads or clones because girls can’t grasp the concept of individuality. Independent for sure! I can be left alone and I won’t be flailing for help. And for the last point, I donate to research for cancer to my local hospital and support cat shelters because bootchis.
- Weaknesses: Runs from emotional expression, temperamental, uncompromising, aloof – I don’t run from my emotions, I’m in fact a human tap who has too much emotion and it’s always going out whether in doses of extreme happiness, melancholy or anger so that’s a no 😛 Temperatural and uncompromising oh gosh yes I can be, my boyfriend has called me stubborn because there have been times I don’t budge with him. Same with my family. Aloof, oh yes I am like a cat in that aspect, I can appear to be an Ice queen to strangers until you get to know me.
- Aquarian likes: Fun with friends, helping others, fighting for causes, intellectual conversation, a good listener – I’m an extrovert, I get louder in good company it’s the honest truth and my friends can agree on that. Helping others, I’m in the hospitality industry it is what I pride in doing, fighting for causes I do charity walks to help raise money for all kinds of people in need or like I said before I financially support them. Intellectual convos, I find sapiosexuals, hot as hell! I love to learn off them, I am a sponge. Good listener, I have to be again with my line of work though sometimes I get distracted and do not pay attention in the presence of family or friends (I’m so sorry on that!)
Well that’s my diary for this week, thanks everyone for the new reads and followers 😀
Friday the 13th is known to be a day of bad luck or negative energy, found to be the theme in all Halloween or horror films but perhaps for me it is a symbol of good luck. The number 13 has always been a sign of good things for my dad especially having gotten amazing results in his exams and jobs in the past. This happened to me today, at 12:30pm to be exact when I was browsing my email while getting my hair done at my local hairdressers.
That job I squealed to all of you my dear readers about that I am starting in January next year. My new boss emailed me today requesting me to start earlier than that day. She has asked me to start in TWO weeks! Of course she understands me to talk to my current managers to find a schedule that will benefit me and assist them in this transition but omg! Sooner than I expected! And it is also so very exciting, I already told my two besties, my parents and my boss soon as we started shift today.
Apparently the new hotel is much busier than they expected and they are in dire need of assistance, I want to go so much but at the same time I want to be here in my current job helping the people who has encouraged my career this past year. Fingers crossed for both sides!