I love to write stories whether book length or short quips and post them here for you all to read. This is the most obvious statement and when I look at my ten years of being on either IMVU or Second Life, I could happily say my own virtual world could have it’s own memoirs of my time online. I have had my fair share of positive and negative moments whether it was in-character for roleplay or just being me, I have experienced a lot.
Also what is with the case of the exes? Soon as I make a note I am single, they all come flocking back! Except 3 which I’m glad for, but the rest of them? I do not want a boyfriend, this is a new chapter in my life and I wish to focus on me. I want to be at my highest peak of success/career and personal happiness before I even think of dating someone again ohh and while travelling the world to my favourite destinations (Japan, Paris, Disney world…to name a few).
I am still forever grateful to my girls Katie, Lana and Aria for reaching out to me during my times of need and seeking advice, they haven’t been angry or offering vengeance rather they been giving sole advice, hope and ears to listen to my constant, flailing thoughts that are an emotional tumult even now.
Side note: Cutesy girls with child-like faces while totally kinked up needs to go, you don’t see that bs in reality so the whole trend going off on Second Life (not on IMVU thank God!) needs to desist, there is one thing to look “pure” and Lolita inspired but these girls just look like young girls, stop encouraging the pedos to come out of their dank caves!
Featuring my five likes for this very busy week;
- Family fuelled weekend, aunts from New Zealand are here and spent Friday, Saturday and today with mum’s side.
- Red Rooster’s cheesy nuggets, these are a cheeky snack and are so nom during cold days
- My imagination, it’s wide open whether through doing pictures on SL or continuing my Seven realms trilogy.
- No more tension, it’s been sealed off and clearing out the mental vents and because of it, I’m definitely back to my chirpy self again and people are noticing
- Golden State Warriors won the season! And the trophy is back in the bay! #Dubnation
Like my favourite NBA team the Golden State Warriors who pushed forward into the finals after almost facing elimination during the western conference, I too am facing a positive comeback after having a confused and stressful past week.
Though it hasn’t affected my career, it was noticed by family and friends but after a casual conversation today with my boss, she noted that I am improving in my mannerisms and I am hoping this is a change.
I do not want to feel like this again because being bluntly honest with everyone who is reading this, it is bloody shit! I don’t want to stay angry and confused over someone, because negativity is ruining my normally positive, go lucky self. When I’m upset or pouty, people will notice it and I don’t like that feeling that everyone can see it.
My family and friends have been looking out for me though as well as my boss at work, she has been amazing in the one on one chats and my mum or younger sister are keeping me distracted by taking me out and dad just being his adorable self in offering hope when it seems so dismal at present.
I also started writing again since last night, I had hint a writer’s block because of my relationship status and I been trying to get back into it since I returned from Hawaii. It appears to have returned last night.
Pulling together my five likes for this week;
- Already planning my holidays for next year- South Korea in February with the bestie and Japan in October possibly with my Aunt from New Zealand.
- Drinks tonight with the team, celebrating a birthday and a farewell
- Wreck it Ralph 2, Lego Movie 2 and How to tame your dragon 3 trailers were released this week! Yes cartoon movies give me strength >.>
- Watching Ocean’s 8 in Gold class tomorrow with the mother dearest
- Golden State Warriors are leading the finals 3-0, we only have one more game until we win!
Parents and I are flying back to Sydney tomorrow morning, it is an early flight around 7am I believe and we are skipping a day completely and landing around 5pm on Monday evening, time zones I tell you have multiple ways of being a complete pain in the ass, there is more cons to pros when it comes to flying across the globe. I don’t want to go home but at the same time I do.
I will be very happy to be reunited with my Skitty again, though I will be given the cold treatment for the rest of the night until he realises that he still loves me and that my younger sister is leaving him (again). I will also be excited to see my Reservations team again, I miss the singing, the random chatter and how efficient we are, I am ready to tackle my work and get back to business.
Vivid has also started back home, as readers know who have followed me for years, I go to this light and sound festival every year with my parents. The first two years was with my bestie Lana but afterwards its with mum and dad. We are looking to go next month as family from New Zealand will be coming over to celebrate my aunt (mum’s big sister) 60th birthday! So many milestones occurring within my family.
The five likes I will be sharing this time are the highlights of my two week holiday;
- Shirokiya street village in Ala Moana shopping centre; It feels like I am in Japan, that I am not in an American state and Japan is still no.1 in my bucket list so this place under the huge mall was a lovely escape every time we went.
- I got to see two turtles, on our drive to the windward side yesterday even though the waves were dangerous, we spotted two turtles swimming in the ocean.
- All the shopping! I didn’t splurge like I did in 2016 and was quite logical with my spending this year but the purchases I’m excited to wear especially the winter clothes
- Godiva coated Oreos, these decadent dark chocolate biscuits are AMAZE and I can’t get them back home in Australia, so I’m savouring each cookie
- Beating my record going up Diamond Head, I know I’m fitter than 2 years ago but climbing up the crater this past week just proved it to me.
I forgot to make a Luci note in my blog on the 13th May that I was going to be away for two weeks with the parents. I am typing this up in the club lounge of my hotel in Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii! We have been here for the past week and it has been an amazing trip so far to just keep my head clear and to re-think while enjoying the sun and all that shopping, yes please!
Though my shopping hasn’t been too bad, I think it is because I am logically analysing each item rather than splurge buying and realising that I barely wear it. I am getting a bit of a tan and the past 3 days we trekked through Maui around rainforests, mud and seeing majestic waterfalls. Got back to Waikiki yesterday and this whole week is relaxing in the sun and checking out the stores.
Last night I raided H&M down the road from my hotel and today I am wearing one of the dresses I bought, bestie Katie from New York says I look fabulous, but that girl is always biased. I will see all of you again when I am back in cold Sydney, the weather back home makes me glad I am in sunny Hawaii!
Four days until my parents and I are flying to Hawaii for 2 weeks and despite the threat of volcano Kilauea going off on the Big island, so far we have no cancellations of our flight to either Honolulu or Maui.
We also had a recent scare, two nights ago of mum’s entropic heart giving her chest pains and she was taken to hospital. Thankfully she is back home and her usual hardworking self, I got home last night from work and she is sitting at her desk in the study already. I have been lazy with my writing this week and been either on Youtube or Netflix, I haven’t been going to bed early and I haven’t been sleeping well.
Long distance relationships can be difficult and I’m currently through a rough situation with my other half and figuring out where do we go from here. I want to keep fighting, but in all my years of dating online I am known to being stubborn and fighting for something or someone I love and believe in. Just wish he could see that through all my erratic explainations especially when my mind is so frazzled and scared of what’s going to happen to us.
Instead of doing positive likes this week and struggling to find something that is not repetitive, I decided to write my new bucket list for travelling since I have crossed off a couple of things from the list that I created when I was 12. I have been to Venice and ridden a gondala, been inside Versailles on the outskirts of Paris, bought my first (and only pair) of Christian Louboutin shoes in Waikiki, been inside St Peter’s Basilica in Rome, visited Kennedy Space Centre in Florida and seen a live volcano in Hawaii, now I have other things that I want to do in my travels.
- Go to Japan! This has been no.1 since forever, I discussed the notion of going there with my mum’s younger sister, Aunt Heather and she said she wouldn’t mind going while also offering advice on what to do while over there. Apparently a lot of them speak really good English.
- Glamping; I can’t do normal camping and my bestie Katie mentioned the idea. I looked it up in my country and there are some sites in Victoria. Probably wouldn’t go in winter months, too cold but the other seasons would be lovely. Just need someone to do it with.
- Go to Alnwick Castle, I been to Leavesden studio for the Harry Potter tour but I want to go to real locations set in the film, the castle is one of them. Returning to UK!
- Visit Hobbiton in the north island, New Zealand. This has been on my bucket list since I watched LOTR and Hobbit trilogy and it is not just one of the many locations in the north island that I wish to see, also reason to see my family again.
- Stay in Santorini in the Greek islands, picturesque holiday island in the Mediterranean, yes please!
Friends and family who have known me for years know that with all my imagination and skill in writing, I have never been able to finish one of my many stories. It is a personal flaw of mine that I have been tackling since I have taken up the hobby when I was 12 years old.
This is happening again with my trilogy, I am still lacking motivation to continue Book 1 because I keep getting distracted with other things in my life. I know I have a case of adult ADHD, it hasn’t been professionally diagnosed but I know for certain I get so easily distracted by anything, it is obvious on what my condition is.
Because I have stopped continuing Book 1 in my Seven Realms trilogy, I had another story idea based off characters I created through the virtual world IMVU and it is anime-inspired in a high school of trouble makers.
My leading character is the descendant of my first roleplaying character Ame Hayato. I have a total of ten main characters that all interact with each other in some way or the other. I just started writing it two nights ago when I had a creative spike. I haven’t forgotten about my trilogy, it will come to me I’m positive when I find another inspiring moment.
I’m not sure if I’ll be able to post five likes today but I’m sure I can can pull something together;
- Anzac Day this past Wednesday, I had it off and spent it with my family, saw my 95 year old grandma who is doing much better since returning here from Philippines
- Infinity War is tomorrow! I’m so scared considering a lot of friends/fangirls who seen it said they cried non stop. I am a huge crier so I’m bringing a box of tissues.
- Dad’s birthday lunch was last Saturday, it is always great to spend the weekend with family
- Cream’d ice-cream store is in the shopping centre in front of my work, last time I had it was when the boyfriend was visiting from England
- Hogwarts: A mystery, the mobile app game I downloaded it last night and started playing it- it’s rather cute
I realised that I have a lot of things that I’m looking forward to, the two events that are featured in this blog are only the recent ones while I have more upcoming in the first half of the year. I realised that with all the exciting events happening now, the second half of 2018 is looking to be very quiet and boring, I’m sure I’ll find something to get excited about.
My mood swings have been fluctuating like a damn rollercoaster especially when it comes to matters of the heart. I wish I could stop overthinking especially when I have work the following morning, but I can’t help it. It is probably a hormone thing and that again bounces back to my medical condition but still ugh! I do not like this overthinking and hot/cold attitude it’s really frustrating. My friends have been great ears for me to vent to.
Weight is still at a steady pace, it isn’t going up but it isn’t going down either, I think it’s because I welcomed carbs back into my life even though they are low GI, that and I haven’t been exercising for 30mins every day as I used to when I first started this whole change back in January, I really should do that again, it probably will help massively with my worrying emotions.
Sharing my five likes, I realised I only shared four last time, whoops;
- Infinity War is in 12 days! Going to watch it in fancy gold class with Mei
- I got book titles for my Seven Realms trilogy! After bringing down the ‘To be reviewed’ reservatons count to 0 this past Friday, I had ideas of what each book is going to be called. I checked with my second bestie Katie on what she thought of them, she loved them but I think my girls are just biased 😛
- My cousin’s 40th this past weekend, though the bar itself was full of Asians and they played two djs at each other end of the venue that you couldn’t decide where to dance, it was a fun night and Ate Gayle’s friends are great to chat to.
- My five year tenure with my hotel is coming up and I have a gala to attend to in relation to it at the end of this month, but I’m going to be featured in some random, film thing where I have to answer questions of my fond memories, who inspires me etc. That is this Thursday
- Hawaii is in 25 days! That place is so relaxed and positive vibes, perfect to rejuvenate from any busy life. Beach by day, shopping at night though I told myself I have to cut back on the shopping if I’m looking towards London next year (plane tickets are so expensive..)
Since I been writing more of my trilogy (I finally got book titles for each last night!) I have also been changing what I been sharing on my blog, the pictures that I had commissioned on Second Life, I have minimised and I have also deleted my Luci Logs facebook page.
I decided that with all these positive changes that I am making happen in my life to become more reality than virtual, I did not have to rely on likes and favourites from the internet. That I would post things that I would enjoy and not just do it for the sake of gaining more followers, perfect example of that is my Flickr, I stopped posting favourites because I no longer log on Second Life.
Am I sad that I am not getting anymore followers, not at all I had reached my achievement of gaining 1000 and that was a massive highlight for me two years ago. Now with encouragement I’m focusing on my old hobby that I used to love doing in high school- story writing. The Seven realms trilogy is getting a lot of support from my two besties Mei and Katie and I’m thankful that I am not having any recent writers block to keep writing the story on gaining more ideas for book 3, I hadn’t finished the note form for that yet. Whoops!
I got my cousin’s 40th birthday tonight and we are heading into the city, the bar we are going to is Asian ville so at least the family and I will be blending in with the rest of the crowd. I’m just lookin forward to spending a night with my cousins, a girls night out!
Work has been very busy since I have returned from my 2 weeks off, we were told that April would mellow out after the long weekend, aha no… still crazy busy and the past two days I have been leaving later than usual. Also because I’m leaving later it means that I’m coming home at 7pm and it is already night, feels so surreal coming home and its dark.
The Easter long weekend was a nice break for me and I spent most of it outdoors with my bestie Mei at night though I did spend a great deal of it also indoors on my laptop- not logged into the virtual worlds however. The writers block I had seemed to have broken away and I’m back to writing Act I for my fantasy trilogy (more of that in my positive thoughts below).
After my epiphany of staying away from toxic internet life I have felt better and more happy, if that is even possible. Though I look back on the memories I made with international friends fondly, the drama that came from meta roleplayers and egos because they had nothing else going for them I am so happy to wash my hands of.
Sharing my five likes, I realised I only shared four last time, whoops;
- Ready Player One and Peter Rabbit, the Easter long weekend resulted in not only resulted in nice sleep-ins but also movie nights with the bestie. The two movies were both great in their own way. Though Rp1 was different to its book version it was very entertaining with lots of geeky easter eggs. Peter Rabbit I grew up with as a child so seeing this digital rendition of the beloved character, it was a cute Easter movie.
- My Seven realms trilogy, I finally came out and shared my drawn map to my friends and family on Facebook and told everyone how I’m writing a fantasy novel. It has been going well, I wrote a lot over my easter break
- Kitten D’amour dress up! One of the perks in being a VIP for the vintage boutique store, I can play dress up and pose for photos, its a major confident boost in myself
- I am two kilos away from the weight that I was in 2013, I can’t believe how much my lifestyle has turned around since the start of 2018!
- Miraculous and Shadowhunters are back on my Netflix with their new seasons, soo happy to binge my favourite shows again!
I have returned to the daily grind at my beautiful hotel in the city and I can happily boast that my team needed me desperately though I was only absent for two weeks. It is so good to see everyone again, though I enjoyed the time my boyfriend was here and got to show him a lot of my city, being back in the office and talking with my colleagues and doing our usual antics, I missed them all!
A lot has happened in the past week and a lot has been occurring this current weekend too, they will be featured in my positive thoughts for the weekend. Since Brad has left, I have been thinking over my trip for next year and when to go. Obviously it will be my turn to go to England and finally meet his parents and all his friends but I’m unsure on what time to go. My mum and bestie thinks I should go in their winter to see if I can survive it or not.
There is also talks of who would move where, my dad has already expressed that I am not going anywhere but in the end, this decision will be up to me and where I want to go in the next two years.
Sharing my five likes for this week;
- Black Panther with bestie Mei last weekend, it is such an amazing movie and I downloaded two songs from the soundtrack
- I have lost 6 kilograms since I started that life changing diet, friends and family are noticing the difference
- I bought The Last Jedi novel when Brad was over here, my shipper heart for Kylo and Rey made me so happy in reading the book. Jason Fry brought the movie to life even more
- Bruno Mars tonight with my Filo cousins and sister, from what I heard from friends who already been, he is an entertainer and keeps the crowd going.
- Brad and I shared rolled ice-cream the night before he flew home, it was in a cute pop store in my favourite shopping mall in the city. Oreos of course and so yummy.
I have not posted anything new in two weeks, I’m so sorry to those who truly decide to read my ramblings on my blog. I have been occupied whether in reading, writing my own stories or socialising beyond the laptop. I have also been working and exercising up a storm since I last posted about my newly diagnosed medical condition.
My birthday month of February has been blasting its way through and though it may feel like a whirlwind at times, I am still finding daily positive thoughts and fun experiences that are stored in the deep recess of my mind.
Also for the past two weeks I have been battling some combination of a cold and excessive cough. The doctors don’t know what it is, I have been giving antibiotics and now a ventolin to remedy the dry cough but the problem is, if I talk too much or I do my exercise it leaves me with a tight throat and coughing for air. Now everyone knows with my job, I have to be on the phone from 9am to 5pm because I’m in Reservations but this cough is preventing me from doing my job efficiently.
It is frustrating beyond belief and I wish it would end already or the doctor I goes to can confirm what it is than just guessing and giving me short term solutions.
Sharing my five likes over the course of the two weeks;
- A court of thorns and roses by Sarah Maas, the trilogy is addictive as hell! I went through Book 1 and 2 within 3 days and only stopped myself from continuing with the third book because I found myself not doing anything else other than reading
- I am now 80 kilos after starting with 86, 4 weeks ago 😀
- Went to one of my high school girlfriend’s engagement party last weekend, another one is tying the knot!
- 3 days until Brad is here on the same day of my 30th birthday party
- Kitten D’amour’s VIP party last night, I did not buy anything but it was fun to socialise with the other VIP ladies