Four days until my parents and I are flying to Hawaii for 2 weeks and despite the threat of volcano Kilauea going off on the Big island, so far we have no cancellations of our flight to either Honolulu or Maui.
We also had a recent scare, two nights ago of mum’s entropic heart giving her chest pains and she was taken to hospital. Thankfully she is back home and her usual hardworking self, I got home last night from work and she is sitting at her desk in the study already. I have been lazy with my writing this week and been either on Youtube or Netflix, I haven’t been going to bed early and I haven’t been sleeping well.
Long distance relationships can be difficult and I’m currently through a rough situation with my other half and figuring out where do we go from here. I want to keep fighting, but in all my years of dating online I am known to being stubborn and fighting for something or someone I love and believe in. Just wish he could see that through all my erratic explainations especially when my mind is so frazzled and scared of what’s going to happen to us.
Instead of doing positive likes this week and struggling to find something that is not repetitive, I decided to write my new bucket list for travelling since I have crossed off a couple of things from the list that I created when I was 12. I have been to Venice and ridden a gondala, been inside Versailles on the outskirts of Paris, bought my first (and only pair) of Christian Louboutin shoes in Waikiki, been inside St Peter’s Basilica in Rome, visited Kennedy Space Centre in Florida and seen a live volcano in Hawaii, now I have other things that I want to do in my travels.
- Go to Japan! This has been no.1 since forever, I discussed the notion of going there with my mum’s younger sister, Aunt Heather and she said she wouldn’t mind going while also offering advice on what to do while over there. Apparently a lot of them speak really good English.
- Glamping; I can’t do normal camping and my bestie Katie mentioned the idea. I looked it up in my country and there are some sites in Victoria. Probably wouldn’t go in winter months, too cold but the other seasons would be lovely. Just need someone to do it with.
- Go to Alnwick Castle, I been to Leavesden studio for the Harry Potter tour but I want to go to real locations set in the film, the castle is one of them. Returning to UK!
- Visit Hobbiton in the north island, New Zealand. This has been on my bucket list since I watched LOTR and Hobbit trilogy and it is not just one of the many locations in the north island that I wish to see, also reason to see my family again.
- Stay in Santorini in the Greek islands, picturesque holiday island in the Mediterranean, yes please!
Friends and family who have known me for years know that with all my imagination and skill in writing, I have never been able to finish one of my many stories. It is a personal flaw of mine that I have been tackling since I have taken up the hobby when I was 12 years old.
This is happening again with my trilogy, I am still lacking motivation to continue Book 1 because I keep getting distracted with other things in my life. I know I have a case of adult ADHD, it hasn’t been professionally diagnosed but I know for certain I get so easily distracted by anything, it is obvious on what my condition is.
Because I have stopped continuing Book 1 in my Seven Realms trilogy, I had another story idea based off characters I created through the virtual world IMVU and it is anime-inspired in a high school of trouble makers.
My leading character is the descendant of my first roleplaying character Ame Hayato. I have a total of ten main characters that all interact with each other in some way or the other. I just started writing it two nights ago when I had a creative spike. I haven’t forgotten about my trilogy, it will come to me I’m positive when I find another inspiring moment.
I’m not sure if I’ll be able to post five likes today but I’m sure I can can pull something together;
- Anzac Day this past Wednesday, I had it off and spent it with my family, saw my 95 year old grandma who is doing much better since returning here from Philippines
- Infinity War is tomorrow! I’m so scared considering a lot of friends/fangirls who seen it said they cried non stop. I am a huge crier so I’m bringing a box of tissues.
- Dad’s birthday lunch was last Saturday, it is always great to spend the weekend with family
- Cream’d ice-cream store is in the shopping centre in front of my work, last time I had it was when the boyfriend was visiting from England
- Hogwarts: A mystery, the mobile app game I downloaded it last night and started playing it- it’s rather cute
Since I been writing more of my trilogy (I finally got book titles for each last night!) I have also been changing what I been sharing on my blog, the pictures that I had commissioned on Second Life, I have minimised and I have also deleted my Luci Logs facebook page.
I decided that with all these positive changes that I am making happen in my life to become more reality than virtual, I did not have to rely on likes and favourites from the internet. That I would post things that I would enjoy and not just do it for the sake of gaining more followers, perfect example of that is my Flickr, I stopped posting favourites because I no longer log on Second Life.
Am I sad that I am not getting anymore followers, not at all I had reached my achievement of gaining 1000 and that was a massive highlight for me two years ago. Now with encouragement I’m focusing on my old hobby that I used to love doing in high school- story writing. The Seven realms trilogy is getting a lot of support from my two besties Mei and Katie and I’m thankful that I am not having any recent writers block to keep writing the story on gaining more ideas for book 3, I hadn’t finished the note form for that yet. Whoops!
I got my cousin’s 40th birthday tonight and we are heading into the city, the bar we are going to is Asian ville so at least the family and I will be blending in with the rest of the crowd. I’m just lookin forward to spending a night with my cousins, a girls night out!
Work has been very busy since I have returned from my 2 weeks off, we were told that April would mellow out after the long weekend, aha no… still crazy busy and the past two days I have been leaving later than usual. Also because I’m leaving later it means that I’m coming home at 7pm and it is already night, feels so surreal coming home and its dark.
The Easter long weekend was a nice break for me and I spent most of it outdoors with my bestie Mei at night though I did spend a great deal of it also indoors on my laptop- not logged into the virtual worlds however. The writers block I had seemed to have broken away and I’m back to writing Act I for my fantasy trilogy (more of that in my positive thoughts below).
After my epiphany of staying away from toxic internet life I have felt better and more happy, if that is even possible. Though I look back on the memories I made with international friends fondly, the drama that came from meta roleplayers and egos because they had nothing else going for them I am so happy to wash my hands of.
Sharing my five likes, I realised I only shared four last time, whoops;
- Ready Player One and Peter Rabbit, the Easter long weekend resulted in not only resulted in nice sleep-ins but also movie nights with the bestie. The two movies were both great in their own way. Though Rp1 was different to its book version it was very entertaining with lots of geeky easter eggs. Peter Rabbit I grew up with as a child so seeing this digital rendition of the beloved character, it was a cute Easter movie.
- My Seven realms trilogy, I finally came out and shared my drawn map to my friends and family on Facebook and told everyone how I’m writing a fantasy novel. It has been going well, I wrote a lot over my easter break
- Kitten D’amour dress up! One of the perks in being a VIP for the vintage boutique store, I can play dress up and pose for photos, its a major confident boost in myself
- I am two kilos away from the weight that I was in 2013, I can’t believe how much my lifestyle has turned around since the start of 2018!
- Miraculous and Shadowhunters are back on my Netflix with their new seasons, soo happy to binge my favourite shows again!
Another year has finished its orbit around the sun and making its way for a fruitful 2018 (I hope and am very optimistic) I figured with this being my final 2017 diary entry, I will share my highlights of the years in the format of my five likes as well as the resolutions that I have laid out for myself and hoping I have enough motivation to follow through with some of them. I have been blessed with 2017, it started off slow and mundane but as the months passed it snowballed into something truly amazing that has me looking forward and anticipating on what is to come.
This year’s highlights that I can easily put on the top of my list of memories;
- Europe trip! Meeting my boyfriend Brad for the first time especially who is also going to be coming here end of February for 2 weeks and meeting my sister and the rest of the family
- Landing the reservation job at Sofitel, I moved up to a five star luxury brand and 3 weeks in and I’m still loving it!
- Year of fantastic film and tv series- Shadowhunters season 2, Miraculous, Stranger Things 1 and 2, Wonder Woman, Thor: Ragnarok, The Last Jedi just to name a couple of my favourites
- Canberra run in April with mum and Blackmore bridge run in September, who would have thought I’d do walks/runs for charity while enjoying it too
- My flickr of Second Life photos capped 1,000 followers earlier this year
I’ve had many memories and fun times that is why I share a weekly recap including positve thoughts of the week that keep the experiences alive and I can look back on them fondly. Now with a new year approaching, I had to list realistic resolutions for myself. Not exactly five though.
- Lose weight! I have jumped up to a size 16, that is scary! Considering I used to be a 12 years ago, my boyfriend is also losing weight for my sister’s wedding in March so I gotta drop the kilos, a couple at least by then
- Save money– Since Europe I have been idly saving up my money and mostly spending. Mum has been offering to do a budget for me, I might need to think that one over if I wish to continue travelling.
- Lessen the chocolate, it’s amazing that I am not diabetic considering the amount of sugar I eat daily. That needs to go too
- Continue being my happy self– it is because I am true to myself and everyone around me whether friends, family or work that I am my best self and it helps others who are feeling not so positive.
Four resolutions, that’s achievable right? Well this is me signing off for the year. See you all in my next post in 2018!
I am counting down to a couple of things this month actually, its all positive and its all so exciting. First up I only have nineteen days to go at my current job as a guest service agent before I will be moving into the new, five star hotel in the city. It is located in the same area where I got into the hotel industry, seven years ago so I cannot wait! There are also a couple of other things that are happening but they will be listed in my weekly five likes.
The only thing that I can be sad about this week is the fact I had a day off on Melbourne cup day, my mum doesn’t like it because of her love for horses and conscience to animals but I am upset because at work, we do a big event every year that hosts over 250 people who book with our events department, have lunch and bet on the winning horse. It also means that Front desk can dress up in fancy wear and fascinators for the day, basically no uniform. I was working AM shift last year when we had the event and I got to wear one of my vintage dresses from Kitten D’amour.
Sadly this year’s Melbourne cup fell upon one of my days off, but even though I could not be dressed up for it, I still had positives for my weekend. The five likes for this week are;
- Booked Justice League to watch with Mei in two weeks, can’t wait!
- My grandma on my dad’s side has returned to Australia from the Philippines! I got to see her today 😀 She remembered me despite being 93 years old
- Men in Black trilogy marathon on Netflix, yes I am listing this as a positive thought because it brings back warm nostalgia of the 90s
- Double choc chip cookies from my local supermarket
- Boyfriend is booking his flight to Australia for next year in two weeks!
I am so tired! I have been on three weeks on PM shift the past month and this week I have been working all morning shifts, the 7am to 3pm and I am ready for a sleep-in, well in particular my days off coming up the next two days. Work has been uneventful as per the norm though we do have a new casual guest service agent who has been working the night shifts and is eager to learn, which is awesome!
I was going to wait to see what Strawberry Singh would be releasing for her Monday Second Life challenge tomorrow but I noticed I’m already three days behind my usual blog posting, so I will do a challenge another time. The five following positive thoughts for this week;
- Movie night with Mei last night! We watched the latest Thor film, it was funny but kept with the storyline and in true Marvel fashion had two end of credit scenes. My love for Loki has been reborn, soo good to see him again on the big screen
- Ichiban Boshi: It’s the restaurant we had dinner at last night, it used to be our regular haunt situated right next to our favourite book store that is Kinokuniya but we switched to Regent Place and haven’t returned until recently.
- I been creating a storm of outfits on Polyvore, like I said in my previous Second Life picture post it has been less fashion tiles for pixel land and more using real life products
- Miraculous has premiered its Season 2 in Europe! I been watching it through Youtube since it won’t hit my Netflix until December
- Mango smoothies and small donut balls, I did not know were such a good combo!
It’s Monday night here so you know what that means… another Strawberry Singh challenge yay! It seems my diary entries if posted on this particular day will be featuring her challenges if they become a regular occurance again 😛 Mixing it up with my likes for this week and I got a lot to be grateful for after the highs and lows that come with being human. The highlights will be featured in my positive likes below of course.
All I can say is that I’m so happy for the people who surround me, I am known to be a happy-go-lucky person but when I get drained, it is these people who keep me going in just being themselves. So thanks all ❤
- Honey Birdette– Local lingerie store who also dips into bondage inspired themes, I decided to stop being a coward and went into a store today and tried on a set. Loved it so much…I bought it
- Kitten D’amour released a new line, I haven’t shopped there in ages but yesterday got myself a collar dress from their new collection Hummingbird
- The picture edits one of my girls on Second Life Aria did of us both, she’s a talented waifu!
- I got a finishing date for my current job! I finish on November 27th 😀 Sofitel here I come!
- Whatsapp or facebook calls from the boyfriend in the evening :3
The Second Life challenge for this week is all about the zodiac and I had to participate considering I enjoy reading about my horoscope and can relate to my sign on so many levels.
- What is your Zodiac sign?: I am a rebellious, eccentric Aquarian
- Do you believe in Astrology and read your horoscope often?: I used to read it all the time when I was single and in my early 20s, now if it pops up on my Facebook, I will have a read. I still believe in what it says about my persona though
- What are some of the traits of your zodiac sign and do you feel they reflect who you are?:
- Strengths: Progressive, original, independent, humanitarian – All yes to the four! I like to be progressive in anything, I can adapt to change especially at work, originality is something I pride in severely I can’t stand fakes, fads or clones because girls can’t grasp the concept of individuality. Independent for sure! I can be left alone and I won’t be flailing for help. And for the last point, I donate to research for cancer to my local hospital and support cat shelters because bootchis.
- Weaknesses: Runs from emotional expression, temperamental, uncompromising, aloof – I don’t run from my emotions, I’m in fact a human tap who has too much emotion and it’s always going out whether in doses of extreme happiness, melancholy or anger so that’s a no 😛 Temperatural and uncompromising oh gosh yes I can be, my boyfriend has called me stubborn because there have been times I don’t budge with him. Same with my family. Aloof, oh yes I am like a cat in that aspect, I can appear to be an Ice queen to strangers until you get to know me.
- Aquarian likes: Fun with friends, helping others, fighting for causes, intellectual conversation, a good listener – I’m an extrovert, I get louder in good company it’s the honest truth and my friends can agree on that. Helping others, I’m in the hospitality industry it is what I pride in doing, fighting for causes I do charity walks to help raise money for all kinds of people in need or like I said before I financially support them. Intellectual convos, I find sapiosexuals, hot as hell! I love to learn off them, I am a sponge. Good listener, I have to be again with my line of work though sometimes I get distracted and do not pay attention in the presence of family or friends (I’m so sorry on that!)
Well that’s my diary for this week, thanks everyone for the new reads and followers 😀
Today’s post might be a little bit lengthier than usual because I am including Strawberry Singh‘s challenge that she just posted today, she used to do them on a weekly occurance but reality can get quite busy as you and I all know. Anyway this week has been a blur, I been working all PM shifts, only four nights and been full speed into my fantasy series, I have notes for all 3 books now and I think I will keep it to a trilogy even though they all got heaps of content.
I have also decided that I will professionally bind them so they can be read like a book and passed around to anyone in my family or friends can read it (that’s if they enjoy the fantasy genre of course). I’ll be sharing my five positive thoughts before doing the challenge.
- Miraculous has a premiere date for Season 2! October 26th!! Shadowhunters has a date for Season 3, April 3 (It’s far away but still yay, also the new footage looks amazing)
- Spent the entire weekend with my boyfriend on SL ❤
- Ka.lu.el got to have a catch up on IMVU, Elie has been busy moving in reality so it was great to see her again
- I am 84 pages into Book 1 of my Seven realms series, been discussing with best friend Mei and told her character deaths…she isn’t happy with me again ^^;
- No big problems at work this past week, to have a relaxed but productive day at work is a blessing 😛
Now giving you a couple of my Second Life facts, Strawberry has written seven so I shall try and give you 7 too
- My Second Life fact #1: I am a horrible shopaholic, I was worse before the Europe trip but I love to dress up my pixels and I spent my real life work money to buy lindens..
- My Second Life fact #2: I can’t stand Alpha men and spoiled baby girls, I know two dear friends who are in that lifestyle in reality and they have explained Babygirls are not want the thots are in-world at all! Alphas also are insecure, little dick men who also fall under the category of your generic pup (fuck boy)
- My Second Life fact #3: I’m usually parked in my cottage, it is my rosy bubble and my safe place, quite often the people around the grid make me roll my eyes at their stupidity
- My Second Life fact #4: I love to take photos, which is why I have that Flickr account and always sharing pictures on my blog
- My Second Life fact #5: Anything pink, cutesy, magical or cat related I will buy it almost immediately whether in-world store, event or gacha form. It will be mine!!
- My Second Life fact #6: I met the love of my life online, three years ago. On 13th October 2014 to be precise 😛 And then we met in reality in September of this year 😀
- My Second Life fact #7: I have been growing meh about Second Life lately, with my novel writing and socialising more on my pixel network that is IMVU, I probably log on maybe 3-4 days a week and spend less than 3hrs on it, unless of course there is a new event that is calling my shopaholic side..
I hope this satisfies the challenge and yay to Strawberry Singh for bringing them back again, they are so much fun to do!
It has been a whirlwind of a week since I have returned to work but I am thankful for the past couple of days and everything is still in a very positive light for myself and my family. I’ve had some big news occur recently and they will be published in the below positive thoughts, it goes to show for myself that if you put your heart into something you are guranteed to get it and even if you don’t, you keep trying until you get somewhere that is good for yourself.
My creativity boost from before the holidays is still going and I have been multi-tasking between three of my original stories, I used to write more than ten and have notes for many more before I got into roleplay on IMVU, ten years ago. I’m glad it hasn’t left me completely and I don’t need a group of people to get a plot going. Below are the weekly five likes;
- I got the job! Since before my Europe holiday I have been applying at other Accor properties in a different department. This morning I got woken up to join the new hotel opening in the city, it is a five star property. I won’t be starting until January next year but OMG I got the job!
- I walked/jogged the Blackmore bridge run this past weekend in the city, I beat my record that I did at the 10km run in Canberra in April of this year 😀
- Family lunch this past Monday, mum, sister and I all had days off after the big run and my sister suggested that we all go out for lunch, we went to Hog’s breath cafe at Towers. I had a chicken Caesar wrap with sweet potato wedges.
- Hoping to catch up with my bestie Mei this upcoming Sunday, I haven’t seen her since before the holiday and I know we need to brainstorm our creative ideas and give presents to her.
- Barbie finally released a new film! It is on American Netflix, I am just waiting for it to be released down under
Good morning from Paris!
I didn’t make an official announcement of when I left Sydney two weeks ago but I am positive that everyone who follows my blog knew where I was going in the leading up days until I flew to Dubai. I have been over here on the other side of the globe for the past 2 weeks and been in Paris for 5 days. My parents and I have been non stop moving since we arrived and it has been amazing even with the random arguments my parents decide to start with each other. I have had my own room this past week and have been glad for it, I am returning to sharing a room with the parentals as of tonight after we take a train to London this afternoon. We are there for two weeks and next week I will be finally seeing my other half Brad, so can’t wait!
Might post again here while in London but mum has a busy schedule yet again for us, if not I will blog again when I am back home in Sydney. Thanks to those who are still following the Luci Logs and understaning my annual leave.
6:30am start today and I’m back to the daily grind after a fabulous weekend either relaxing or out with friends, this is also my last week of work doing 6 days before my annual leave for Europe begins. I am all packed and ready to go, just have my day bag to prep for but otherwise everything else is ready for the month trip. Mum keeps telling me how busy we will be with training around the different countries and I know this won’t be a shopping trip, I’m just overall excited for the experience.
I am also still in fangirl mode over all the goodies being released from San Diego comic-con, that is another bucket list to one day check out the convention and be part of the masses in Hall H. The trailers for Shadowhunters, Avengers 3: Infinity war, Justice League have got me squealing and I can’t believe that Adelaide Kane (Mary from Reign) is going to be in Once upon a time and Tom Welling (Superman from Smallville) is going to be featured in the new season of Lucifer!
- My old assistant manager celebrated her birthday this past Saturday in the city, it was great to catch up
- Kagami event has opened on Second Life, it’s a Japanese horror game brings back nostalgia from 2 years ago
- I pre-ordered Occamy, the bird snake from Fantastic Beasts, a special pop doll from San Diego comic-con
- My dragon story has been moved from my little black book into word document
- Cute covered journals from Typo such as mermaid scales are addictive, I need to stop buying them!