Things are changing at work and that seems to my life this week, that and logging onto Second Life shopping for my cottage or taking pictures and gaining new Flickr followers. But anyway back to work, we said goodbye to another Reservations agent who has moved into Sales. Because of this and being limited in agents taking phone calls, our boss has decided to put all of us on a rotating shift.
Which means for me I’ll be doing a week of 7am-3pm (eww!) I don’t mind to be honest, it will be a nice break from finishing at night and seeing sun by the time I get home, it only means that I will have early wake up calls such as 4:30am to get a bus on time into the city. We also did a massive training segment for the entire hotel, it has been ongoing since last week, I did mine today. Learnt a lot and it’s four principles could also assist me in living my life.
One single line spoke out to me and it was something that the great inventor Thomas Edison had said to his peers after countless of failed inventions, I didn’t know that the man behind the light bulb had failed over one thousand times before he achieved greatness and put his name into our history books.
“I don’t see it as failing one thousand times, I see it as succeeding” To me, it is interpreted as that despite how many times you fail in anything such as being a decent person or doing your job correctly, fixing a relationship, you have all these bumps on the road, all these hurdles but to not see them as negative but rather a positive effect to encourage you to keep trying until you succeed. This resonated and stayed in my head and something I will apply to myself in everything that I do.
Let’s see if I can post my usual five, since this week it has been very quiet for me on the social front, I didn’t even go out with Mei on the weekend, I think we’re waiting until the new Mission Impossible comes out, her second boyfriend Henry Cavill is in it 😛
- Hanging out with the boofhead this past Friday/Saturday, it was nice to chill out online
- My boss said I should get a smaller uniform, I apparently have shrunk again -squee-!
- Addicted to watching novelty soaps being made on the channel Royalty Soaps via Youtube >.>
- Tiny bit of shopping last Sunday, I got more jeggings (jeans/leggings) and this cute polka dot sweater
- Massive catch up with my girls who work at Kitten D’amour, I haven’t seen them in a month, so nice to see both of them ❤
Today’s post might be a little bit lengthier than usual because I am including Strawberry Singh‘s challenge that she just posted today, she used to do them on a weekly occurance but reality can get quite busy as you and I all know. Anyway this week has been a blur, I been working all PM shifts, only four nights and been full speed into my fantasy series, I have notes for all 3 books now and I think I will keep it to a trilogy even though they all got heaps of content.
I have also decided that I will professionally bind them so they can be read like a book and passed around to anyone in my family or friends can read it (that’s if they enjoy the fantasy genre of course). I’ll be sharing my five positive thoughts before doing the challenge.
- Miraculous has a premiere date for Season 2! October 26th!! Shadowhunters has a date for Season 3, April 3 (It’s far away but still yay, also the new footage looks amazing)
- Spent the entire weekend with my boyfriend on SL ❤
- Ka.lu.el got to have a catch up on IMVU, Elie has been busy moving in reality so it was great to see her again
- I am 84 pages into Book 1 of my Seven realms series, been discussing with best friend Mei and told her character deaths…she isn’t happy with me again ^^;
- No big problems at work this past week, to have a relaxed but productive day at work is a blessing 😛
Now giving you a couple of my Second Life facts, Strawberry has written seven so I shall try and give you 7 too
- My Second Life fact #1: I am a horrible shopaholic, I was worse before the Europe trip but I love to dress up my pixels and I spent my real life work money to buy lindens..
- My Second Life fact #2: I can’t stand Alpha men and spoiled baby girls, I know two dear friends who are in that lifestyle in reality and they have explained Babygirls are not want the thots are in-world at all! Alphas also are insecure, little dick men who also fall under the category of your generic pup (fuck boy)
- My Second Life fact #3: I’m usually parked in my cottage, it is my rosy bubble and my safe place, quite often the people around the grid make me roll my eyes at their stupidity
- My Second Life fact #4: I love to take photos, which is why I have that Flickr account and always sharing pictures on my blog
- My Second Life fact #5: Anything pink, cutesy, magical or cat related I will buy it almost immediately whether in-world store, event or gacha form. It will be mine!!
- My Second Life fact #6: I met the love of my life online, three years ago. On 13th October 2014 to be precise 😛 And then we met in reality in September of this year 😀
- My Second Life fact #7: I have been growing meh about Second Life lately, with my novel writing and socialising more on my pixel network that is IMVU, I probably log on maybe 3-4 days a week and spend less than 3hrs on it, unless of course there is a new event that is calling my shopaholic side..
I hope this satisfies the challenge and yay to Strawberry Singh for bringing them back again, they are so much fun to do!
Good morning from Paris!
I didn’t make an official announcement of when I left Sydney two weeks ago but I am positive that everyone who follows my blog knew where I was going in the leading up days until I flew to Dubai. I have been over here on the other side of the globe for the past 2 weeks and been in Paris for 5 days. My parents and I have been non stop moving since we arrived and it has been amazing even with the random arguments my parents decide to start with each other. I have had my own room this past week and have been glad for it, I am returning to sharing a room with the parentals as of tonight after we take a train to London this afternoon. We are there for two weeks and next week I will be finally seeing my other half Brad, so can’t wait!
Might post again here while in London but mum has a busy schedule yet again for us, if not I will blog again when I am back home in Sydney. Thanks to those who are still following the Luci Logs and understaning my annual leave.
** Dad is quite lucky, spoiled by the 3 ladies in his life **
Every first Sunday of September every year is when Australia celebrates their Fathers day with all the dads and grandads in our country, like dad isn’t spoiled enough in being the head of the Moscoso clan he is also spoiled on this day in particular from his wife and two daughters.
It will be especially good this Sunday for dad because mum is returning on a morning flight from Malaysia back here to Sydney, she has been gone for the past 3 weeks training her colleagues overseas and is finally coming back! Can’t believe its already been that long since she flew out and now we only got 10 days left until the U.S trip!
I got dad a card but I haven’t got a present for him yet, my reason being is that I can probably get him an awesome gift when we are overseas for the month and a half 😛