Things are changing at work and that seems to my life this week, that and logging onto Second Life shopping for my cottage or taking pictures and gaining new Flickr followers. But anyway back to work, we said goodbye to another Reservations agent who has moved into Sales. Because of this and being limited in agents taking phone calls, our boss has decided to put all of us on a rotating shift.
Which means for me I’ll be doing a week of 7am-3pm (eww!) I don’t mind to be honest, it will be a nice break from finishing at night and seeing sun by the time I get home, it only means that I will have early wake up calls such as 4:30am to get a bus on time into the city. We also did a massive training segment for the entire hotel, it has been ongoing since last week, I did mine today. Learnt a lot and it’s four principles could also assist me in living my life.
One single line spoke out to me and it was something that the great inventor Thomas Edison had said to his peers after countless of failed inventions, I didn’t know that the man behind the light bulb had failed over one thousand times before he achieved greatness and put his name into our history books.
“I don’t see it as failing one thousand times, I see it as succeeding” To me, it is interpreted as that despite how many times you fail in anything such as being a decent person or doing your job correctly, fixing a relationship, you have all these bumps on the road, all these hurdles but to not see them as negative but rather a positive effect to encourage you to keep trying until you succeed. This resonated and stayed in my head and something I will apply to myself in everything that I do.
Let’s see if I can post my usual five, since this week it has been very quiet for me on the social front, I didn’t even go out with Mei on the weekend, I think we’re waiting until the new Mission Impossible comes out, her second boyfriend Henry Cavill is in it 😛
- Hanging out with the boofhead this past Friday/Saturday, it was nice to chill out online
- My boss said I should get a smaller uniform, I apparently have shrunk again -squee-!
- Addicted to watching novelty soaps being made on the channel Royalty Soaps via Youtube >.>
- Tiny bit of shopping last Sunday, I got more jeggings (jeans/leggings) and this cute polka dot sweater
- Massive catch up with my girls who work at Kitten D’amour, I haven’t seen them in a month, so nice to see both of them ❤
And I could continue the lyrics of “Breaking Free” from High School Musical but I won’t, but I just have another week where I can’t complain at all in what is going on in my life. This week has been great with both work wise and personal life. Despite some team members not being around this week, my department has still come out on top in tackling all aspects of our tasks and nailing it every day! Our new trainee is blossoming gracefully and very quick on the pick up…so, so proud to be a Reservation agent.
Friendships always changing but always getting closer with my girls and though I said goodbye to some for the benefit of myself (nobody wants a whiny pup, I’m just saying) I am fortunate for my small circle of friends. Speaking of which, seeing my bestie Mei last Saturday for movie date night was great! And nothing is better than having deep and meaningful discussions with your ‘Nee-chan’ while eating delicious, hot Korean food.
Tonight in the final hour of my shift at work, I drew a larger version of my fictional world Orphios (the planet where my trilogy: Seven Realms is set in case anyone has forgotten) and while browsing the web when I got home of other fantasy maps drawn by creative writers, I realised that the original specs of my first map wasn’t too bad. It wasn’t as small as I thought and my thoughts on my little world has gone back to content.
Side note: Same angles but using different colours/windlighting that I have seen featured on Flickr photostreams needs to go! I don’t want to see your pixel vaj 9 times, be original, be unique! Get some damn creative in your vapid soul! I am seeing an increase of online escorts doing this and it’s up there with my irritations alongside married women dating online, child-like avis in bondage and catfishing boys and girls.
Featuring my five likes of a productive but content week again;
- My real life fashion outfits, family and friends are complimenting me on how ‘on point’ my LOTDs are
- Incredibles 2 last Saturday with Mei was freaking fantastic! I could say it was better than no.1
- I bought a Sailor Moon umbrella from Spreepicky last night, it’s so cute, can’t wait to have it
- The to-be-reviewed reservations are back down to 0 at work and STAYING down!
- Soups on cold days that is all
Like my favourite NBA team the Golden State Warriors who pushed forward into the finals after almost facing elimination during the western conference, I too am facing a positive comeback after having a confused and stressful past week.
Though it hasn’t affected my career, it was noticed by family and friends but after a casual conversation today with my boss, she noted that I am improving in my mannerisms and I am hoping this is a change.
I do not want to feel like this again because being bluntly honest with everyone who is reading this, it is bloody shit! I don’t want to stay angry and confused over someone, because negativity is ruining my normally positive, go lucky self. When I’m upset or pouty, people will notice it and I don’t like that feeling that everyone can see it.
My family and friends have been looking out for me though as well as my boss at work, she has been amazing in the one on one chats and my mum or younger sister are keeping me distracted by taking me out and dad just being his adorable self in offering hope when it seems so dismal at present.
I also started writing again since last night, I had hint a writer’s block because of my relationship status and I been trying to get back into it since I returned from Hawaii. It appears to have returned last night.
Pulling together my five likes for this week;
- Already planning my holidays for next year- South Korea in February with the bestie and Japan in October possibly with my Aunt from New Zealand.
- Drinks tonight with the team, celebrating a birthday and a farewell
- Wreck it Ralph 2, Lego Movie 2 and How to tame your dragon 3 trailers were released this week! Yes cartoon movies give me strength >.>
- Watching Ocean’s 8 in Gold class tomorrow with the mother dearest
- Golden State Warriors are leading the finals 3-0, we only have one more game until we win!
Four days until my parents and I are flying to Hawaii for 2 weeks and despite the threat of volcano Kilauea going off on the Big island, so far we have no cancellations of our flight to either Honolulu or Maui.
We also had a recent scare, two nights ago of mum’s entropic heart giving her chest pains and she was taken to hospital. Thankfully she is back home and her usual hardworking self, I got home last night from work and she is sitting at her desk in the study already. I have been lazy with my writing this week and been either on Youtube or Netflix, I haven’t been going to bed early and I haven’t been sleeping well.
Long distance relationships can be difficult and I’m currently through a rough situation with my other half and figuring out where do we go from here. I want to keep fighting, but in all my years of dating online I am known to being stubborn and fighting for something or someone I love and believe in. Just wish he could see that through all my erratic explainations especially when my mind is so frazzled and scared of what’s going to happen to us.
Instead of doing positive likes this week and struggling to find something that is not repetitive, I decided to write my new bucket list for travelling since I have crossed off a couple of things from the list that I created when I was 12. I have been to Venice and ridden a gondala, been inside Versailles on the outskirts of Paris, bought my first (and only pair) of Christian Louboutin shoes in Waikiki, been inside St Peter’s Basilica in Rome, visited Kennedy Space Centre in Florida and seen a live volcano in Hawaii, now I have other things that I want to do in my travels.
- Go to Japan! This has been no.1 since forever, I discussed the notion of going there with my mum’s younger sister, Aunt Heather and she said she wouldn’t mind going while also offering advice on what to do while over there. Apparently a lot of them speak really good English.
- Glamping; I can’t do normal camping and my bestie Katie mentioned the idea. I looked it up in my country and there are some sites in Victoria. Probably wouldn’t go in winter months, too cold but the other seasons would be lovely. Just need someone to do it with.
- Go to Alnwick Castle, I been to Leavesden studio for the Harry Potter tour but I want to go to real locations set in the film, the castle is one of them. Returning to UK!
- Visit Hobbiton in the north island, New Zealand. This has been on my bucket list since I watched LOTR and Hobbit trilogy and it is not just one of the many locations in the north island that I wish to see, also reason to see my family again.
- Stay in Santorini in the Greek islands, picturesque holiday island in the Mediterranean, yes please!
Friends and family who have known me for years know that with all my imagination and skill in writing, I have never been able to finish one of my many stories. It is a personal flaw of mine that I have been tackling since I have taken up the hobby when I was 12 years old.
This is happening again with my trilogy, I am still lacking motivation to continue Book 1 because I keep getting distracted with other things in my life. I know I have a case of adult ADHD, it hasn’t been professionally diagnosed but I know for certain I get so easily distracted by anything, it is obvious on what my condition is.
Because I have stopped continuing Book 1 in my Seven Realms trilogy, I had another story idea based off characters I created through the virtual world IMVU and it is anime-inspired in a high school of trouble makers.
My leading character is the descendant of my first roleplaying character Ame Hayato. I have a total of ten main characters that all interact with each other in some way or the other. I just started writing it two nights ago when I had a creative spike. I haven’t forgotten about my trilogy, it will come to me I’m positive when I find another inspiring moment.
I’m not sure if I’ll be able to post five likes today but I’m sure I can can pull something together;
- Anzac Day this past Wednesday, I had it off and spent it with my family, saw my 95 year old grandma who is doing much better since returning here from Philippines
- Infinity War is tomorrow! I’m so scared considering a lot of friends/fangirls who seen it said they cried non stop. I am a huge crier so I’m bringing a box of tissues.
- Dad’s birthday lunch was last Saturday, it is always great to spend the weekend with family
- Cream’d ice-cream store is in the shopping centre in front of my work, last time I had it was when the boyfriend was visiting from England
- Hogwarts: A mystery, the mobile app game I downloaded it last night and started playing it- it’s rather cute
Since I been writing more of my trilogy (I finally got book titles for each last night!) I have also been changing what I been sharing on my blog, the pictures that I had commissioned on Second Life, I have minimised and I have also deleted my Luci Logs facebook page.
I decided that with all these positive changes that I am making happen in my life to become more reality than virtual, I did not have to rely on likes and favourites from the internet. That I would post things that I would enjoy and not just do it for the sake of gaining more followers, perfect example of that is my Flickr, I stopped posting favourites because I no longer log on Second Life.
Am I sad that I am not getting anymore followers, not at all I had reached my achievement of gaining 1000 and that was a massive highlight for me two years ago. Now with encouragement I’m focusing on my old hobby that I used to love doing in high school- story writing. The Seven realms trilogy is getting a lot of support from my two besties Mei and Katie and I’m thankful that I am not having any recent writers block to keep writing the story on gaining more ideas for book 3, I hadn’t finished the note form for that yet. Whoops!
I got my cousin’s 40th birthday tonight and we are heading into the city, the bar we are going to is Asian ville so at least the family and I will be blending in with the rest of the crowd. I’m just lookin forward to spending a night with my cousins, a girls night out!
Work has been very busy since I have returned from my 2 weeks off, we were told that April would mellow out after the long weekend, aha no… still crazy busy and the past two days I have been leaving later than usual. Also because I’m leaving later it means that I’m coming home at 7pm and it is already night, feels so surreal coming home and its dark.
The Easter long weekend was a nice break for me and I spent most of it outdoors with my bestie Mei at night though I did spend a great deal of it also indoors on my laptop- not logged into the virtual worlds however. The writers block I had seemed to have broken away and I’m back to writing Act I for my fantasy trilogy (more of that in my positive thoughts below).
After my epiphany of staying away from toxic internet life I have felt better and more happy, if that is even possible. Though I look back on the memories I made with international friends fondly, the drama that came from meta roleplayers and egos because they had nothing else going for them I am so happy to wash my hands of.
Sharing my five likes, I realised I only shared four last time, whoops;
- Ready Player One and Peter Rabbit, the Easter long weekend resulted in not only resulted in nice sleep-ins but also movie nights with the bestie. The two movies were both great in their own way. Though Rp1 was different to its book version it was very entertaining with lots of geeky easter eggs. Peter Rabbit I grew up with as a child so seeing this digital rendition of the beloved character, it was a cute Easter movie.
- My Seven realms trilogy, I finally came out and shared my drawn map to my friends and family on Facebook and told everyone how I’m writing a fantasy novel. It has been going well, I wrote a lot over my easter break
- Kitten D’amour dress up! One of the perks in being a VIP for the vintage boutique store, I can play dress up and pose for photos, its a major confident boost in myself
- I am two kilos away from the weight that I was in 2013, I can’t believe how much my lifestyle has turned around since the start of 2018!
- Miraculous and Shadowhunters are back on my Netflix with their new seasons, soo happy to binge my favourite shows again!
Another year has finished its orbit around the sun and making its way for a fruitful 2018 (I hope and am very optimistic) I figured with this being my final 2017 diary entry, I will share my highlights of the years in the format of my five likes as well as the resolutions that I have laid out for myself and hoping I have enough motivation to follow through with some of them. I have been blessed with 2017, it started off slow and mundane but as the months passed it snowballed into something truly amazing that has me looking forward and anticipating on what is to come.
This year’s highlights that I can easily put on the top of my list of memories;
- Europe trip! Meeting my boyfriend Brad for the first time especially who is also going to be coming here end of February for 2 weeks and meeting my sister and the rest of the family
- Landing the reservation job at Sofitel, I moved up to a five star luxury brand and 3 weeks in and I’m still loving it!
- Year of fantastic film and tv series- Shadowhunters season 2, Miraculous, Stranger Things 1 and 2, Wonder Woman, Thor: Ragnarok, The Last Jedi just to name a couple of my favourites
- Canberra run in April with mum and Blackmore bridge run in September, who would have thought I’d do walks/runs for charity while enjoying it too
- My flickr of Second Life photos capped 1,000 followers earlier this year
I’ve had many memories and fun times that is why I share a weekly recap including positve thoughts of the week that keep the experiences alive and I can look back on them fondly. Now with a new year approaching, I had to list realistic resolutions for myself. Not exactly five though.
- Lose weight! I have jumped up to a size 16, that is scary! Considering I used to be a 12 years ago, my boyfriend is also losing weight for my sister’s wedding in March so I gotta drop the kilos, a couple at least by then
- Save money– Since Europe I have been idly saving up my money and mostly spending. Mum has been offering to do a budget for me, I might need to think that one over if I wish to continue travelling.
- Lessen the chocolate, it’s amazing that I am not diabetic considering the amount of sugar I eat daily. That needs to go too
- Continue being my happy self– it is because I am true to myself and everyone around me whether friends, family or work that I am my best self and it helps others who are feeling not so positive.
Four resolutions, that’s achievable right? Well this is me signing off for the year. See you all in my next post in 2018!
I am counting down to a couple of things this month actually, its all positive and its all so exciting. First up I only have nineteen days to go at my current job as a guest service agent before I will be moving into the new, five star hotel in the city. It is located in the same area where I got into the hotel industry, seven years ago so I cannot wait! There are also a couple of other things that are happening but they will be listed in my weekly five likes.
The only thing that I can be sad about this week is the fact I had a day off on Melbourne cup day, my mum doesn’t like it because of her love for horses and conscience to animals but I am upset because at work, we do a big event every year that hosts over 250 people who book with our events department, have lunch and bet on the winning horse. It also means that Front desk can dress up in fancy wear and fascinators for the day, basically no uniform. I was working AM shift last year when we had the event and I got to wear one of my vintage dresses from Kitten D’amour.
Sadly this year’s Melbourne cup fell upon one of my days off, but even though I could not be dressed up for it, I still had positives for my weekend. The five likes for this week are;
- Booked Justice League to watch with Mei in two weeks, can’t wait!
- My grandma on my dad’s side has returned to Australia from the Philippines! I got to see her today 😀 She remembered me despite being 93 years old
- Men in Black trilogy marathon on Netflix, yes I am listing this as a positive thought because it brings back warm nostalgia of the 90s
- Double choc chip cookies from my local supermarket
- Boyfriend is booking his flight to Australia for next year in two weeks!